Who is Your Favorite NFL Football TV Announcer of All Time ?

T master

So i just replied to a post about the announcers changing for this seasons SNF crew with the legendary voice of Al Michaels leaving with the possibility of him retiring sooner than later it got me thinking for a lot of us growing up we have heard some of the legendary announcers of all time unique voices & perspectives of the games were part of the love we developed for this game .

Cosell, Gifford, Dandy Don, Micheals, Sumerall, Madden, & all those in between that have brought us & helped us develop the love of this game over the years but i wonder which of these voices that we have listened to & have for the most part now left us have given you a favorite you loved to listen to with a new crop of announcers coming in which is your favorite ?

My first recollection is Howard Cosell his voice was so unique and his presentation on MNF of how he put into words was 1 of a kind & you immediately knew who was talking when he was on the mike then of course 1 that changed announcing games for ever is Madden i loved everything about the way he changed the game to watch for the better .

I don't know if there will ever be another like what Madden brought to the booth as far as how he explained the game while we watched and we will never forget his explanation of a guy being hit BOOM he was awesome .

My top 3 voices of the NFL game i think are 

Madden 1 

Cosell    2

Boomer 3 - although Boomer didn't do a regular slate of NFL games his Sunday NFL count down was legendary with his vocal inflections & sayings he brought to the game once it's gone will be missed along with the others .

So who's your favorite NFL announcer or announcers for TV & some memories from over the years when you think back of their days in the booth ? 

• Like (+1) 2

Dick Enberg with his "Oh...My" call was great....I am pretty sure he was the announcer for all 4 AFC Chamionship games the Bills won back in the 90's.

On a side note, I always wished retired NHL announcer Mike Emrick covered NFL games. He was always great during the NHL playoffs, and I know he would have brought a lot of excitement to the booth for NFL games.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

For some reason, I have always thought that Kevin Harlan has the PERFECT voice for sports. 

Jim Nance is obviously a legend. 

And I do really like Romo for his play by play. He get's excited, talks like a normal person, but knows the game very well. 

20 minutes ago, BTB said:

Enberg and Michaels as PbP guys have been the gold standard over the last 5+ decades.  

Guys like Buck, Nantz, and Co are nowhere near them. 

I’m with ya.  Enberg and Michael’s best PbP.  

I have a lot of love for Kevin Harlan in every sport.  Charles Davis went to my HS and used to play golf with his father and mine, so he’sup there due to my relationship with him.

Madden is my fav color guy by far

ESPN Personality- we only have one choice imo.  

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.