Dave tepper pulls plug on new rock hill Headquarters

BuffaloBills1998

They may want to brand as the NFL team of the Carolina's, but I spend a decent amount of time in Greenville, SC and can tell you nobody there cares about the Panthers.  Pretty sure the same goes for Charleston.  

I see more Bills gear in Greenville than I do Panthers. 

• Agree 1

Well if there was a agreement for the city to come up with the funding & they continually drag their feet a business man such as Tepper will only fool around for so long he didn't get in the position he is in by waiting on those that dilly dally he made it happen .

And in a lot of ways when ever you involve gov't that kind of thing will happen I'm just glad the local gov't in Buffalo didn't drag their feet when it cam to getting the Bills a new home !!

45 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So they why respond??? Makes no sense. Just say nothing then

It was really intended as a laugh - no harm meant.

I will say, however, if you were to travel this board, policing every non-contributing post, you would be a very busy person.

17 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How did Rock Hill not securing the bonds it promised it would and blowing the funding for the project turn into Tepper screwing people over?

Man, I'm the last person that wants to bootlick for billionaires, but this seems pretty straight forward business.

Local perception:

Tepper has come in here and not garnered much good will.

The team is starting to look like Cleveland South to locals with the way it’s being coached and run. Tepper refuses to speak publicly on the state of the Panthers.

If you think using public tax money to pay for a stadium is controversial in WNY you should hear what locals  (Govt. Hating, Don’t tread on me Rednecks) think about passing bonds to help the richest owner in the league  build a headquarters for a team that doesn’t play in their state.

16 hours ago, StHustle said:

Tepper got screwed over by Rock Hill…it’s not the other way around.

51 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They may want to brand as the NFL team of the Carolina's, but I spend a decent amount of time in Greenville, SC and can tell you nobody there cares about the Panthers.  Pretty sure the same goes for Charleston.  

I see more Bills gear in Greenville than I do Panthers. 

Everyone moved outta WNY I did 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's just south of the city right across the border... common for companies who wish to be a "Carolinas" brand to HQ there.

I used to work in Pineville, which is in the middle, and was a member of the former Bills Backers at Township Grille in Matthews, NC.

I used to hang out at the township for wings and other foods. I heard it’s gone 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.