NFL opens up independent investigation into Browns tanking during 2016-17 seasons

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

What are they gonna do, strip them of all their titles?? 

Cleveland has four NFL titles to the Bills two AFL titles.  Not sure what point you are trying to make or why others think it is so funny.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure "NFL" and "independent investigation" belong in the same sentence

Unless maybe that sentence is "there should be a truly independent investigation, not connected to the NFL in any way"

Great point!  Still stunned NFL got away with destroying the Spygate tapes.  

• Dislike 3

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Cleveland has four NFL titles to the Bills two AFL titles.  Not sure what point you are trying to make or why others think it is so funny.

The Browns haven’t won a title since 1964. For all intensive purposes, they haven’t won any titles to take away. 

That alone makes the joke funnier than watching several clowns emanating from a tiny vehicle. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Promise I'll read the linked piece about this, but the investigation in question HAS to stem from Hugh Jackson's accusations, right? I haven't seen anyone mention him. He's part of this suit, and he has made accusations that would reasonably lead to such an investigation. 

Yes

Maybe we get a compensatory pick out of this, being that we are one of the cool kids now…, 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Are the Dolphins next or did they weirdly dodge this bullet?

It says right there that they are investigating Brian Flores claim in Miami.

I am no sure what to expect, but of course both stem from the lawsuit and my guess is similar to the Pats - there will be fines and draft picks lost over this.

The NFL will understand what was done - it will help lessen any blowback from the lawsuits and they can push it under the rug.

Protect your business investment first and foremost.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.