Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

• 7 months later...
14 minutes ago, Beast said:

Sorry to bump this but has anyone heard about who is going to have the rights to the Ticket next season?

I read this a couple of hours ago but it looks like there are still negotiations going on.

https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/17/after-months-of-negotiations-apple-reportedly-exits-the-running-for-nfl-sunday-ticket-package/

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, Nitro said:

Not a fan of that company

Apple is a POS company.  The last company I worked for, Qualcomm, supplies chips for them.  The iPhone would not exist without Qualcomm - the initial iPhone was basically a collection of Qualcomm IP.  Innovation my ass.  Apple would constantly play games and try to reneg on their contracts.  About 5 yrs ago they just decided to not pay QC - with no legal basis whatsoever - and it set off a chain of events that caused the QC stock to plummet, which then set off a hostile takeover attempt, which then caused QC to lay off 1000s of employees inculding the entire division/site I worked for.  

I do not buy Apple products - I am so glad I do not have to sign up for Apple TV - it would make me ill. 

F Apple to hell.  The absolute worst in corporate greed and abuse.

Edited by stevewin

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Apple is a POS company.  The last company I worked for, Qualcomm, supplies chips for them.  The iPhone would not exist without Qualcomm - the initial iPhone was basically a collection of Qualcomm IP.  Innovation my ass.  Apple would constantly play games and try to reneg on their contracts.  About 5 yrs ago they just decided to not pay QC - with no legal basis whatsoever - and it set off a chain of events that caused the QC stock to plummet, which then set off a hostile takeover attempt, which then caused QC to lay off 1000s of employees inculding the entire division/site I worked for.  

I do not buy Apple products - I am so glad I do not have to sign up for Apple TV - it would make me ill. 

F Apple to hell.  The absolute worst in corporate greed and abuse.

Would you please provide a bit more clarity regarding whether you like Apple or not.

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I refuse to buy Apple products and if that means giving up Football on certain days then so be it.

How come?

Honestly, I hope that Apple gets the rights to this. When it comes to streaming services and the quality of the experience, there's nobody who does it better. All the glitches and crap quality that we've dealt with over the years from other providers will be a thing of the past. I understand the hesitance toward the brand (to an extent), but truthfully, Apple being the company to deliver this kind of product will push the entire sports broadcasting field that much further ahead and raise the bar for every other sports broadcasting service, feature, or network that exists.

I cannot stress enough the quality and stability of everything that's a part of the Apple TV experience. Not to mention all year long there are promos for months and months of free service. You don't get that with Amazon.

That said, it's ***** disgusting that to watch an entire season you have to have services for Amazon, ESPN, NBC, CBS, Fox, NFL Network, and probably one or two things I'm forgetting. It's well past time for an all in one or a pay as you view sort of feature.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Trock said:

Cost? It’s included in your prime membership. Everyone should be a prime member, benefits by far outweigh the price. 

I was a member for a while then shipping wasn’t quite what it started off as. Picked it back up for the Thursday games. And Thursday games have been brutal/boring. 

42 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Let's just break into everybody's house and steal the Who Hash 

Geeez

Grinch Smile GIF

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

How come?

Honestly, I hope that Apple gets the rights to this. When it comes to streaming services and the quality of the experience, there's nobody who does it better. All the glitches and crap quality that we've dealt with over the years from other providers will be a thing of the past. I understand the hesitance toward the brand (to an extent), but truthfully, Apple being the company to deliver this kind of product will push the entire sports broadcasting field that much further ahead and raise the bar for every other sports broadcasting service, feature, or network that exists.

I cannot stress enough the quality and stability of everything that's a part of the Apple TV experience. Not to mention all year long there are promos for months and months of free service. You don't get that with Amazon.

That said, it's ***** disgusting that to watch an entire season you have to have services for Amazon, ESPN, NBC, CBS, Fox, NFL Network, and probably one or two things I'm forgetting. It's well past time for an all in one or a pay as you view sort of feature.

This company is disgusting to it's workers, the environment, to competition and just in general. I don't care how good of a streaming service they have, no way for me but that's just my opinion and if yours differs from mine then that's ok too, everyone has different values/beliefs.

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

This company is disgusting to it's workers, the environment, to competition and just in general. I don't care how good of a streaming service they have, no way for me but that's just my opinion and if yours differs from mine then that's ok too, everyone has different values/beliefs.

As a former employee, I agree with you to some extent.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Not taking a side ; have to mention other huge companies like Walmart , Amazon have had many employee complaints of abuse / mistreatment. I worked for an urgent care owned by senator Rick Scott of fl and a co - owner I don’t want to mention. They struck a deal with Walmart to put clinics in their centers. I had read many complaints about employe treatment.  I naively asked if it was wise to associate with companies with a poor rep like that. Quickly learned it was only about market exposure and future profit ,  to never question about rep again ! Lol !  

Seems like a common theme with most large companies. I mean they are all willing to be in China for $ , so I don’t think expecting morality from any of these  large companies is a given. It’s sad , wish it was a myth or fixable , but if they tolerate things like the CCP, I don’t see the avg football watching American making a stand. Sadly it’s chose your poison , or vote for better leaders. 😉🎄

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.