Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Same here. What do you think you'll go to? Wife and I still like live TV . Youtube or Hulu +?

Been researching this for quite some time, and I think YouTubeTV is the best choice, with the only drawback being no History Channel.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Been researching this for quite some time, and I think YouTubeTV is the best choice, with the only drawback being no History Channel.  

though right now Hulu offering Disney+ and ESPN + which means all Sabre games so I can cancel Center Ice. 

On 4/18/2022 at 3:25 PM, Arkady Renko said:

I think MLB was forced by a lawsuit to offer the favorite team option.  

so was NFL by Bills fans lawsuit. 1997 settled in 2001

They won kinda.

Court ruled they must offer a per weekend(sunday) option. So Sunday Ticket did, like $19.99 or $29.99 per weekend........lol

When the whole season was like 99 to 150 at the time.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/19/nfl-directv-sued-over-sunday-ticket/

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Only thing I don't like is that it is with apple. I'm Android guy but I will figure it out 

Just open Apple TV app and watch. I'm android too but it's not hard. Same as Thursday night on Amazon

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nucci said:

though right now Hulu offering Disney+ and ESPN + which means all Sabre games so I can cancel Center Ice. 

Depends. Do you live near another NHL team?

I live in the Bruins territory. I dumped Comcast for Consolidated fiber and YouTube TV. YT doesn't get NESN so no Sox or Bruins, and no NHL Network. I have ESPN+ and get every game except anything on NESN or NHLN.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

That's one of the reasons I left Spectrum cable, but went to streaming through their App.  It has all the programming I want.  None of the other Live TV apps have all the channels I like to watch.  I actually prepared a spreadsheet with all the streaming services (Sling, Fubo, YouTube, AT&T/Direct, Hulu, and Philo and Spectrum) to compare services.  To get most of what I get via Spectrum, I'd have to pay extra to any of the services, and some channels I like (e.g. History, National Geographic, YES, etc) were deal breakers if they were missing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jkeerie said:

That's one of the reasons I left Spectrum cable, but went to streaming through their App.  It has all the programming I want.  None of the other Live TV apps have all the channels I like to watch.  I actually prepared a spreadsheet with all the streaming services (Sling, Fubo, YouTube, AT&T/Direct, Hulu, and Philo and Spectrum) to compare services.  To get most of what I get via Spectrum, I'd have to pay extra to any of the services, and some channels I like (e.g. History, National Geographic, YES, etc) were deal breakers if they were missing.

Ditching DTV shortly, and most likely going with Spectrum streaming based on price, channels and all locals.  Looked at YouTube, Sling and a few others.  YouTube would be my 2nd choice based on channel offerings.  Next week I’ll be previewing all of them to see which I really like.

I believe Spectrum is 1080.  Any issues with picture quality?  I will jump to the next level internet speed to stream better.  

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Depends. Do you live near another NHL team?

I live in the Bruins territory. I dumped Comcast for Consolidated fiber and YouTube TV. YT doesn't get NESN so no Sox or Bruins, and no NHL Network. I have ESPN+ and get every game except anything on NESN or NHLN.

When Sabres play Flyers it's blacked out. Amazing there are still blackout laws. Even NFL got rid of theirs

I am curious how this will impact sports bars. It certainty will not transition easily as the setup that will be required to stream every game is going to require a complete overhaul of the setup they have for broadcast. Now the bandwidth requirements for a establishment with say 20-30 TVs will also be a big concern. This may be an aspect no one has considered. 

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Ditching DTV shortly, and most likely going with Spectrum streaming based on price, channels and all locals.  Looked at YouTube, Sling and a few others.  YouTube would be my 2nd choice based on channel offerings.  Next week I’ll be previewing all of them to see which I really like.

I believe Spectrum is 1080.  Any issues with picture quality?  I will jump to the next level internet speed to stream better.  

Picture quality is great.  Spectrum upped their internet speed from 100 to 200MB for their regular customers.  That's been great for TVs in other rooms.  I had an issue with periodic  freezing until I realized it was my internet.   I have my own modem/router.  Called tech support and tech noted my signal had cut out several times.  He had me plug my modem/router into its separate outlet, not in a surge suppressor with my TV, phone modem, etc.  Did that and have had no issues since.  I was getting EMI interference using the common power strip.  I never would have thought of that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2022 at 8:03 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You won't have the option to watch Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, Thursday Night Football, etc. using Apple TV's Sunday Ticket. It will only be for regional Sunday afternoon games that aren't available in your market. The network broadcasts on CBS and FOX in your area will also not be available.

Really depends on the deal they make. They could easily make a team option in which all games from a team are available.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

When Sabres play Flyers it's blacked out. Amazing there are still blackout laws. Even NFL got rid of theirs

Different reasons for those blackouts. It's to give local sports networks exclusivity so there's incentive to subscribe. Why else would a network pay millions in rights fees?

4 hours ago, thronethinker said:

I am curious how this will impact sports bars. It certainty will not transition easily as the setup that will be required to stream every game is going to require a complete overhaul of the setup they have for broadcast. Now the bandwidth requirements for a establishment with say 20-30 TVs will also be a big concern. This may be an aspect no one has considered. 

There is talk that DTV will be allowed to broadcast ST, while the streaming rights will go to Apple (as reported).  The sports bar issue is indeed one they will need to resolve.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Different reasons for those blackouts. It's to give local sports networks exclusivity so there's incentive to subscribe. Why else would a network pay millions in rights fees?

What stinks is that you can like not get the local sports network without paying for a full cable or cable-like package, right?  Like I'm in the Rochester area and I just use antenna and have a couple of streaming services.  I can't order MSG through the Internet without subscribing to a full live TV service, right?

17 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Does Hulu have MSG WNY for Sabres games? I was unaware of this. 

Fubo has MSG/Sabres games. No TNT/TBS though, may cancel Fubo and go back to YouTube TV for the playoffs, then back to Fubo when the regular season starts. 

Edited by Draconator

Platform saturation is now a thing.   Soon it will be down to a handful and the same problems will come back.  I got DirecTV for the NFL and NHL ticket over twenty years ago because I live out of state.   I guess I will upgrade my laptop and watch games on NFL game pass. 

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Platform saturation is now a thing.   Soon it will be down to a handful and the same problems will come back.  I got DirecTV for the NFL and NHL ticket over twenty years ago because I live out of state.   I guess I will upgrade my laptop and watch games on NFL game pass. 

why wouldn't you watch live on laptop Apple app? I'm in same situation as you are and that's my plan...except on TV instead of laptop

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.