Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Apple TV costs me $4.99 a month. It's the cheapest streaming service I have and one of my favorites. There's not as much content as Netflix or Amazon, but Apple TV shows have been some of my favorite compared to other streaming services 

Side note, I so hope Sunday ticket goes to Apple, or someone else. I cannot wait to cancel directv 

Apple TV itself is cheap, I agree.   But you have to know this is very likely going to be an add-on package that you will be charged for.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BTB said:

Scott Hanson?

Andrew Siciliano is on DTV.  Hanson does all other versions.

Unless your saying you prefer Hanson.

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Respectfully disagree.  He talks over the game announcers too much...and goes to highlights while live games are going on.  All he has to do is announce where they're going and leave it at that.

Naw.  Andrew does a great job in stopping talking when he needs to.  Brings decent insight and hype when needed.

That being said, love the guy but not paying what I pay any longer to DTV just to be able to get ST.

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

If it's just part of Apple TV, that would be amazing. I recently decided just to pay for a full year of the service since it was only $50, just to watch a handful of shows with hopes of finding more. The only obnoxious thing about the service is the lack of any search function whatsoever... they make you scroll through everything instead of being able to just search to see if they have something. Seriously hope that changes.

I don't think any of the streaming platforms is set up very well logistically with their apps. I think they focus so much on network load that that they neglect UI. You should, for example, be able to look at a movie, see the actors and directors in it and then click on them to see other things they are in and watch those - none of the major streaming apps have that option. Netflix has a "more like this" that is insane; I'm watching Vikings and according to them that means I want to watch Bridgerton, smh. I haven't tried to use the Friday night baseball in apple tv because I cancelled my subscription, but I imagine it should be somewhat like that. Has anyone used Apple for baseball yet?

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Actually, ESPN+ offers the choice of which broadcast you want to hear.  I always listen to the Buffalo audio.

This is true if one actually Has ESPN+... I don't, but it what was one of the choices I had if you know what I mean. Buffalo feed is always the best if possible.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't think any of the streaming platforms is set up very well logistically with their apps. I think they focus so much on network load that that they neglect UI. You should, for example, be able to look at a movie, see the actors and directors in it and then click on them to see other things they are in and watch those - none of the major streaming apps have that option. Netflix has a "more like this" that is insane; I'm watching Vikings and according to them that means I want to watch Bridgerton, smh. I haven't tried to use the Friday night baseball in apple tv because I cancelled my subscription, but I imagine it should be somewhat like that. Has anyone used Apple for baseball yet?

It's been free, or at least was for the first two Friday

Concerns:

*Cost

*DVR functionality, losing nothing from DirecTV

*Frame rate: will it look like live TV?

*With DirecTV, it's nice to switch to local games (blacked out on Sunday Ticket) during commercials. With Sunday Ticket now being streaming only, changing your TV input from streaming to TV and back to streaming is a big hassle and will make checking in on blacked-out local games very inconvenient. This will be very annoying, especially in 4:25 windows where the local broadcast is usually the big national game.

22 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Very much looking forward to a streaming option for the NFL in one deal rather than Fox here, NBC there, CBS Bills, ESPN Monday, etc

That's not going to change.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Concerns:

*Cost

*DVR functionality, losing nothing from DirecTV

*Frame rate: will it look like live TV?

*With DirecTV, it's nice to switch to local games (blacked out on Sunday Ticket) during commercials. With Sunday Ticket now being streaming only, changing your TV input from streaming to TV and back to streaming is a big hassle and will make checking in on blacked-out local games very inconvenient. This will be very annoying, especially in 4:25 windows where the local broadcast is usually the big national game.

That's not going to change.

A lot of the same concerns I have when they leave DTV.

As for 1 spot for all games as you said not happening. Hell the NFL would sell the jerseys washing to a local access channel if they thought they could make a dollar.

6 hours ago, BTB said:

Scott Hanson?

There are two RedZone channels -- one on broadcast TV and a Sunday Ticket-specific one.

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Question about Thursday night football next season. Is that only on Amazon next year or will the NFLN carry it as well?  

Amazon Prime will be the exclusive home of Thursday Night Football.

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Apple TV itself is cheap, I agree.   But you have to know this is very likely going to be an add-on package that you will be charged for.  

I would still happily give my money to Apple over Direct TV.  The customer service with Direct TV is absolutely the worst.

• Agree 1

On 4/18/2022 at 4:20 PM, atomicpwrd said:

Is 2022 still a DirecTV thing?

for the first time in 30+ years I’m dropping my DIRECTV effective Thursday.  Ever since AT&T took them

over, their service has gone down hill.  Their web site is awful.  Can’t believe I’m finally cutting the cord.  

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Out of towners are the market for this, you wont be getting some great deal for only Bills games, that is the golden goose.  People in their market already get their teams games.

People already get their team games.  As my sons when they were 4, no duh.  

that’s the point.  Instead of buying the whole league Apple has the ability to buy by team or division.  You basically stated the captain obvious.

7 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Out of towners are the market for this, you wont be getting some great deal for only Bills games, that is the golden goose.  People in their market already get their teams games.

Yeah, that's the reason Sunday Ticket was created

1 hour ago, wjag said:

for the first time in 30+ years I’m dropping my DIRECTV effective Thursday.  Ever since AT&T took them

over, their service has gone down hill.  Their web site is awful.  Can’t believe I’m finally cutting the cord.  

Good for you, I had DTV for 17 years and dropped them around 6 years ago... never looked back and haven't missed a Bills game ever since.

42 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

People already get their team games.  As my sons when they were 4, no duh.  

that’s the point.  Instead of buying the whole league Apple has the ability to buy by team or division.  You basically stated the captain obvious.

Not sure what you are saying, it’s not obvious to me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.