Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

17 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Apple TV doesn't, this should just be a part of that app.

If it's just part of Apple TV, that would be amazing. I recently decided just to pay for a full year of the service since it was only $50, just to watch a handful of shows with hopes of finding more. The only obnoxious thing about the service is the lack of any search function whatsoever... they make you scroll through everything instead of being able to just search to see if they have something. Seriously hope that changes.

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Not at all.

Just simply stating that Apple is known for overcharging for something that shouldn't be. 

Apple TV costs me $4.99 a month. It's the cheapest streaming service I have and one of my favorites. There's not as much content as Netflix or Amazon, but Apple TV shows have been some of my favorite compared to other streaming services 

Side note, I so hope Sunday ticket goes to Apple, or someone else. I cannot wait to cancel directv 

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The only reason why I have DirecTV is because of the NFL's Sunday ticket. If they lose that then I could see many people dropping them. Question about Thursday night football next season. Is that only on Amazon next year or will the NFLN carry it as well?  

I think only Amazon

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BTB said:

I wonder if losing the NFL Ticket will be a death blow to DirecTV, or will they still be a viable option to cable and FIOS?  Until just now when I googled them, I wasn't even aware that Dish was still around.  I am surprised the two satellite companies never merged.

I got DTV when I bought my first house in 2001, almost solely for the Sunday Ticket.

I have been with them, and generally fine with them, for more than 20 years.  If the ST leaves, and for various other reasons, I would consider moving on.  

I pay way too much, in general, for TV and entertainment.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, BTB said:

I wonder if losing the NFL Ticket will be a death blow to DirecTV, or will they still be a viable option to cable and FIOS?  Until just now when I googled them, I wasn't even aware that Dish was still around.  I am surprised the two satellite companies never merged.

I'm betting it will be the end of their satellite dishes.  The whole thing will probably move to the app.

I am curious why people think this will get cheaper when Apple or Amazon gets it.  They expect to generate 2.5 Billion dollars / year with it.  Some very large percentage of users will be out of market fans who want to see their team.   With the ST today, all you really get is 2 games, a 1 PM window and a 4PM window.   Sure you can watch all the games if you have 13 TV's and tuners but I am confident most do what myself and most others  who get ST do, they watch their team, that is why we all pay for it.  They are not going to do some a la carte thing that makes the revenues come down, like all things, prices will be going up.  Sure there are times I watch another game in the other window that is not on the network but I and most others would not pay for that, it comes free with ST.   The only thing that will limit that is the pirating which is rampant, at some point, more people paying will switch to that if the price is too crazy.   I have no idea what the price will be but dont be surprised if it is more than ST today.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Nuch, I know this is tangential and I am in the minority, but I am tired of seeing how long this goes on with my DTV bill.  In short, if it switches (and I don't think I have ever seen the option with DTV, although someone correct me if I am wrong) I want to pay for it in one shot.  

It's $350 or so for the season.  Fine, here, done.  Don't talk to me again, don't bill again.  Go away.  If I were to go to a game with some nice seats, parking, drinks, food I might be in the same range.  However, when it comes time to pay for it I am done the next month.  That's what I want with the ST.  

You have the option with Apple TV to pay an annual fee or go month-to-month.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

who thinks that? They'll probably be paying close to $2B for this...of course it will be an extra cost

A bunch of posters.  Read the history bud.  The good thing I was inferring is Apple may carve out lots

of different options.  Instead of $350 a year for all, what if a much smaller costs for us out of town era for all Bills games only, not everything on the NFL.  I’d save $ not going to bars or buying the ticket.

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

If MLB can do it, hopefully so can the NFL. 

I love this.  Not because of Apple, just because anyone will have access to it now. 

apparently you don't need the dish to get the ticket, you can get it from their streaming service now.  I have decided a couple of years ago to just get NFL gamepass, go do stuff during the acrual game, then watch it right afterward.  you can hide final scores on the NFL app and fact forward through all the BS for 99 bucks, or watch the condensed game.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

apparently you don't need the dish to get the ticket, you can get it from their streaming service now.  I have decided a couple of years ago to just get NFL gamepass, go do stuff during the acrual game, then watch it right afterward.  you can hide final scores on the NFL app and fact forward through all the BS for 99 bucks, or watch the condensed game.  

Same for me. I had GamePass live for years living overseas, but since I moved back to the U.S. last year, I've been very happy to pay the $99 and just watch the games on delay, Sunday afternoon or evening. I actually like not spending my fall Sundays stuck in front of the TV. I get the beautiful fall early afternoons, and then I come in to watch the game, in total ignorance of what happened. I also love jetting past the commercials this way.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, T&C said:

I watched a couple of Sabres games on ESPN+ and didn't like the announcing at all. Much rather watch the Buff feed.

Actually, ESPN+ offers the choice of which broadcast you want to hear.  I always listen to the Buffalo audio.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Can you imagine being the AT&T Exec who signed off on that purchase. Thing was in a tail spin when they bought it.

ATT is/has spinning of the satellite/streaming  business of Directv.   They have a partner now.  Yes, Directv has been a huge loss for them.

45 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

A bunch of posters.  Read the history bud.  The good thing I was inferring is Apple may carve out lots

of different options.  Instead of $350 a year for all, what if a much smaller costs for us out of town era for all Bills games only, not everything on the NFL.  I’d save $ not going to bars or buying the ticket.

Out of towners are the market for this, you wont be getting some great deal for only Bills games, that is the golden goose.  People in their market already get their teams games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.