Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The Apple remote is the only thing I hate about it.

Once you “get it”, it’s fine. Just don’t make it so hard to guess the secret handshake. There should be better access to the “how it works” part. With someone to show you it would take a fraction of the time it takes to figure it out on your own. 

• Agree 1

If Apple gets ST, I’d expect it to be the standard service as DTV has it, and then ala carte options.  

DTV has a much smaller base to work with than what Apple can reach.  Anyone with a streaming device (TBD) can get the Apple version of ST, while currently only those who pay a monthly fee for base TV services and a dish on your roof can take advantage of the DTV version of ST.  I could see the Apple offerings as team only, RZ only, a combination of those and all the games and services.

Apple can offer ST to a vastly larger audience allowing them to price it several ways.  Honestly will be a goldmine for whoever lands it that they can offer it to a wider audience than DTV.  The NFL is ready to move on from DTV and will make sure the most lucrative ST partner will the one to get it.  I see this as a major move by the NFL adding to their already huge network TV contracts.

Myself?  All I want is RedZone with Andrew Siciliano, dude does such a great job.  As I live in Buffalo I get all the Bills games and love RZ to complement watching those.  

Edited by davefan66

21 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s a pipe dream to think they won’t charge extra for the ticket.  They will probably have different packages and even by week or by team.  I have Apple TV and Amazon and they will push extra charges.

who thinks that? They'll probably be paying close to $2B for this...of course it will be an extra cost

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Apple charges $200 for a stylus to write on an iPad that cost $1200.

If anything I would expect the same product as DTV at a higher price and now you can't negotiate with them. 

So are you claiming it will cost over $1000?  Full price of ST last I checked was close to $400 could see that price.  That still would save me another $1000 on top of ST for DTV.  If it goes too high, people will continue using illegal methods.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

who thinks that? They'll probably be paying close to $2B for this...of course it will be an extra cost

Nuch, I know this is tangential and I am in the minority, but I am tired of seeing how long this goes on with my DTV bill.  In short, if it switches (and I don't think I have ever seen the option with DTV, although someone correct me if I am wrong) I want to pay for it in one shot.  

It's $350 or so for the season.  Fine, here, done.  Don't talk to me again, don't bill again.  Go away.  If I were to go to a game with some nice seats, parking, drinks, food I might be in the same range.  However, when it comes time to pay for it I am done the next month.  That's what I want with the ST.  

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Nuch, I know this is tangential and I am in the minority, but I am tired of seeing how long this goes on with my DTV bill.  In short, if it switches (and I don't think I have ever seen the option with DTV, although someone correct me if I am wrong) I want to pay for it in one shot.  

It's $350 or so for the season.  Fine, here, done.  Don't talk to me again, don't bill again.  Go away.  If I were to go to a game with some nice seats, parking, drinks, food I might be in the same range.  However, when it comes time to pay for it I am done the next month.  That's what I want with the ST.  

I'm guessing they will offer it along with Red Zone for a fairly reasonable price. They have to make it so people will buy it. Paying it all upfront should be an option. Just make it so I can switch from Bills game to Red Zone easily

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm guessing they will offer it along with Red Zone for a fairly reasonable price. They have to make it so people will buy it. Paying it all upfront should be an option. Just make it so I can switch from Bills game to Red Zone easily

This is the ONE good thing about the DTV lineup... you can go back and forth between the game and Red Zone with one click of the remote.  Would hate to have to change apps, YouTubeTV, i.e., to get to Red Zone.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

This is the ONE good thing about the DTV lineup... you can go back and forth between the game and Red Zone with one click of the remote.  Would hate to have to change apps, YouTubeTV, i.e., to get to Red Zone.

I concur

I wonder if losing the NFL Ticket will be a death blow to DirecTV, or will they still be a viable option to cable and FIOS?  Until just now when I googled them, I wasn't even aware that Dish was still around.  I am surprised the two satellite companies never merged.

Edited by BTB
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BTB said:

I wonder if losing the NFL Ticket will be a death blow to DirecTV, or will they still be a viable option to cable and FIOS?  Until just now when I googled them, I wasn't even aware that Dish was still around.  I am surprised the two satellited companies never merged.

I know I'm cancelling after this season

2 minutes ago, BTB said:

I wonder if losing the NFL Ticket will be a death blow to DirecTV, or will they still be a viable option to cable and FIOS?  Until just now when I googled them, I wasn't even aware that Dish was still around.  I am surprised the two satellited companies never merged.

The only reason why I have DirecTV is because of the NFL's Sunday ticket. If they lose that then I could see many people dropping them. Question about Thursday night football next season. Is that only on Amazon next year or will the NFLN carry it as well?  

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

All I want is RedZone with Andrew Siciliano, dude does such a great job. 

Respectfully disagree.  He talks over the game announcers too much...and goes to highlights while live games are going on.  All he has to do is announce where they're going and leave it at that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

37 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So are you claiming it will cost over $1000?  Full price of ST last I checked was close to $400 could see that price.  That still would save me another $1000 on top of ST for DTV.  If it goes too high, people will continue using illegal methods.

Not at all.

Just simply stating that Apple is known for overcharging for something that shouldn't be. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.