Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Unless it is insanely affordable like ESPN+ for hockey (5 bucks a month you get almost every NHL game plus whatever else in included in ESPN+) then I will just stick to going to bars or piracy for non-primetime games.

I watched a couple of Sabres games on ESPN+ and didn't like the announcing at all. Much rather watch the Buff feed.

28 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

I hear you about the Internet bragging. But why do you think streaming is unreliable? Can’t remember the last time I had any issue streaming live sports or anything else. 

Right…like if you’re buffering in 2022 and live in a civilized nation…it’s YOUR fault. Streaming is here forever and will one day be the only option.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

people still have satellite dishes at/on their homes?

We have one that was up when we moved into our home 7 years ago. Each and every time the landlord comes over, he asks why we put up another satellite dish. We keep telling him he never took it down in the first place, but every time he visits, he asks about the "new" satellite dish...

If DirectTV goes away I wonder what will happen to bars "with the ticket"?

Cost for bars is much higher and Apple may out price them since like DirectTV did for some during first two years of COVID and they cancelled service.

49 minutes ago, Draconator said:

We have one that was up when we moved into our home 7 years ago. Each and every time the landlord comes over, he asks why we put up another satellite dish. We keep telling him he never took it down in the first place, but every time he visits, he asks about the "new" satellite dish...

Ask him about his recent head injury and when he asks "What head injury?" tell him looks like you are having issue again with memory loss.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I was given a free 12 months of Apple TV from Apple when I activated my device.  That mysteriously turned into 15 months free.  I loved their original programming so much that I pay $4.99 per month for it now.  

Same for me.  Got it free for a year when I upgraded my phone, and liked some of the shows they have (Ted Lasso for one) that I decided to keep it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, but not buying having to buy DTV on top of ST makes it much cheaper overall.

Apple charges $200 for a stylus to write on an iPad that cost $1200.

If anything I would expect the same product as DTV at a higher price and now you can't negotiate with them. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Apple charges $200 for a stylus to write on an iPad that cost $1200.

If anything I would expect the same product as DTV at a higher price and now you can't negotiate with them. 

If it truly comes to that, I will just FaceTime games and split the costs. Fight apple with apple. 

4 hours ago, jkeerie said:

The use of Apple TV does not require their device.  I got one of their devices through Spectrum.  Instead of paying monthly for the Spectrum box, I was told I could rent to own the Apple device for $7.99 per month and own it after 23 payments.  Then I streamed the Spectrum app on the Apple device as well as two Roku devices.  I was given a free 12 months of Apple TV from Apple when I activated my device.  That mysteriously turned into 15 months free.  I loved their original programming so much that I pay $4.99 per month for it now.  I also have the Apple app on my Roku's, so I can watch it on all my TVs.   It will be interesting to see what they will charge for the Sunday ticket.  They now are broadcasting two MLB games on Friday nights as part of their normal package.

I am so utterly confused by this post (no offense). People 50 years and older (like me) will be po’d. 

37 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

You know you can choose either teams broadcast, right?

Yeah... thought I'd check out their broadcast but went back to my standby for the Sabres feed both times.

28 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I am so utterly confused by this post (no offense). People 50 years and older (like me) will be po’d. 

My 8 year old grandson comes over most weekends. I’ll see if he can FaceTime you (it’s a newfangled arrangement where your phone is like a TV) and walk you thru it. 

Seriously, my wife handles most of this. We have DTV (dish) and DTV streaming thru Apple TV. I guess the TV itself was hard to set up the streaming app. 🤷‍♂️  I don’t know, I don’t care, I just want it to work…..and it does!

The Apple TV remote is totally non-intuitive. Not many buttons, and NONE of them are labeled to tell you what they do. It pissed me off until I figured it out. Apple should be on top of the internet options with how to work the darn thing, but I’m good now! 

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I'm sorry to have confused you.  Spectrum has their standard cable service using their cable boxes.  They also have a Streaming App (like Hulu, Sling, YouTube etc) that carries their regular programming that you would get via the cable.  The Spectrum app can be downloaded to a smart TV, Roku, Apple receiver, Amazon Firestick, a smart phone, basically most of the devices you can use to stream programs using your internet connection.  You pay for the Spectrum App like you would for Spectrum TV...whatever plan (basic, extended, silver, gold) you wish to subscribe to.  The only difference is you're not paying for any Spectrum TV equipment.  If I can clarify further, I'd be happy to answer your questions.  By the way...I'm 68 y.o. and I started streaming 2 years ago.

Edited by jkeerie

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If it truly comes to that, I will just FaceTime games and split the costs. Fight apple with apple. 

They will come out with an update that can tell if it is there broadcast and block it somehow. 

They would rather spend money to make people pay for their service.

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

My 8 year old grandson comes over most weekends. I’ll see if he can FaceTime you (it’s a newfangled arrangement where your phone is like a TV) and walk you thru it. 

Seriously, my wife handles most of this. We have DTV (dish) and DTV streaming thru Apple TV. I guess the TV itself was hard to set up the streaming app. 🤷‍♂️  I don’t know, I don’t care, I just want it to work…..and it does!

The Apple TV remote is totally non-intuitive. Not many buttons, and NONE of them are labeled to tell you what they do. It pissed me off until I figured it out. Apple should be on top of the internet options with how to work the darn thing, but I’m good now! 

The Apple remote is the only thing I hate about it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.