Report circulating that Apple will be 2023 home to Sunday Ticket

Ned Flanders

7 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/report-nfl-sunday-ticket-apple-deal-is-actually-done/

I just hope that when the day comes, you can pick up a "favorite team" option instead of paying for the full boat.

If MLB can do it, hopefully so can the NFL. 

I love this.  Not because of Apple, just because anyone will have access to it now. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I'll be bummed if it ends up this way.  I was hoping it would go with Amazon Prime or stay with Directv, which I already subscribe to.  I also would have been good with ESPN+, as they now have the NHL, and with the Sabres improving, I was planning to subscribe next year.   I also am more of a Google/Android guy than an Apple guy.  I haven't been big on Apple hardware in many years.  I find it too limiting and incompatible with other equipment.  

If Apple lands it, so be it.  I'll buy in.  I live out of market and the Bills are one my life's passions.  The days of the annual haggle with Directv are coming to an end soon.  I don't foresee Apple playing that game.

• Like (+1) 7

30 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Apple TV doesn't, this should just be a part of that app.

Sure hope so! I do not own any apple device and havent bought into that ecosystem at all. Very much looking forward to a streaming option for the NFL in one deal rather than Fox here, NBC there, CBS Bills, ESPN Monday, etc

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Hope this doesn't require purchase of an Apple device. 

The use of Apple TV does not require their device.  I got one of their devices through Spectrum.  Instead of paying monthly for the Spectrum box, I was told I could rent to own the Apple device for $7.99 per month and own it after 23 payments.  Then I streamed the Spectrum app on the Apple device as well as two Roku devices.  I was given a free 12 months of Apple TV from Apple when I activated my device.  That mysteriously turned into 15 months free.  I loved their original programming so much that I pay $4.99 per month for it now.  I also have the Apple app on my Roku's, so I can watch it on all my TVs.   It will be interesting to see what they will charge for the Sunday ticket.  They now are broadcasting two MLB games on Friday nights as part of their normal package.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/report-nfl-sunday-ticket-apple-deal-is-actually-done/

I just hope that when the day comes, you can pick up a "favorite team" option instead of paying for the full boat.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

If MLB can do it, hopefully so can the NFL. 

I love this.  Not because of Apple, just because anyone will have access to it now. 

If it's like baseball the difference between one team and full league pricing was non significant IMO to bother with the one team option.  Think it was about 80% of the full price, but was a couple years back when I last looked.

41 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I'll be bummed if it ends up this way.  I was hoping it would go with Amazon Prime or stay with Directv, which I already subscribe to.  I also would have been good with ESPN+, as they now have the NHL, and with the Sabres improving, I was planning to subscribe next year.   I also am more of a Google/Android guy than an Apple guy.  I haven't been big on Apple hardware in many years.  I find it too limiting and incompatible with other equipment.  

If Apple lands it, so be it.  I'll buy in.  I live out of market and the Bills are one my life's passions.  The days of the annual haggle with Directv are coming to an end soon.  I don't foresee Apple playing that game.

Agree, but not buying having to buy DTV on top of ST makes it much cheaper overall.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If tit's like baseball the difference between one team and full league pricing was non significant IMO to bother with the one team option.  Think it was about 80% of the full price, but was a couple years back when I last looked.

"breasts" like baseball? Hey, leave my wife out of this! 😀

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If tit's like baseball the difference between one team and full league pricing was non significant IMO to bother with the one team option.  Think it was about 80% of the full price, but was a couple years back when I last looked.

Agree, but not buying having to buy DTV on top of ST makes it much cheaper overall.

True - but because I've had DTV all these years, I have not looked into other packages like YouTubeTV, fubo, Hulu, fubo, Sling, etc.  I assume that a full package on those packages are less than DTV.  I'd need one of those, in addition to the NFL package on Apple TV.

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

True - but because I've had DTV all these years, I have not looked into other packages like YouTubeTV, fubo, Hulu, fubo, Sling, etc.  I assume that a full package on those packages are less than DTV.  I'd need one of those, in addition to the NFL package on Apple TV.

I have You Tube TV, has a pretty good lineup for sports station IMO one of the better ones all around.  Plus I wanted the "Live TV" part too which Sling and many of the others don't offer.  The only other one I'm aware of that has Live TV is Hulu.  I wanted live TV as own 2 houses in different states so can use in two places.  If I went with Cable would need a package for two locations

And yes is much less and with as much competition, prices stay more stable.

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I have You Tube TV, has a pretty good lineup for sports station IMO one of the better ones all around.  Plus I wanted the "Live TV" part too which Sling and many of the others don't offer.  The only other one I'm aware of that has Live TV is Hulu.  I wanted live TV as own 2 houses in different states so can use in two places.  If I went with Cable would need a package for two locations

And yes is much less and with as much competition, prices stay more stable.

Sling Tv is Live TV via internet stream, just like YouTube TV is.  Sling also offers a Sports Bundle that has everything I want, including Red Zone Network. 

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

LOL Surprised that didn't get flagged by the auto censoring.

Mine did, I used your word with no apostrophe. No go, it changed it to the B word. I'm not the grammar police either, just thought it was funny, knew what you meant.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atomicpwrd said:

Is 2022 still a DirecTV thing?

Yes.

I called recently because of trouble with my bill.  Told them I only stay with them because of ST and am most likely leaving soon.  Dude could care less.

Probably won’t be much in the way of ST freebies and discounts this season.  Gonna need to bank as much $$$ as possible for the increase in cord cutters leaving them.  I know I for one will be, especially with the ticket being so cheap on the streaming services.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Will this be covered under the Apple TV subscription or is Sunday Ticket an additional fee?

With the amount of money Apple will be shelling out if it happens doubt it. Imagine it will be in addition to their current Apple TV service. Now I could see them offer some promo like buy Apply streaming box and get Sunday ticket and year of Apple TV for free. However, chances are low it will be covered under their current subscription rates. The whole plan would be for people to buy their service and upsell additional services.

Edited by billieve420

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.