71 million guaranteed for Denzel Ward.

Dablitzkrieg

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is such a great story. Never left Ohio. Drafted 4th overall and lived up to it in his hometown, which is a ton of pressure. He’s a really good kid and deserves the bag, as we know its a premium position and he’s the latest to be paid so he’s going to the top of the pile, doesn’t matter whether he’s the best in the league or not. 

His only issue is he tends to miss a few games a year with injuries.  He is a bit leaner than you'd like, but his play on the field is near the top of the league.

I am going to stick to what i always have said this money is just stupid money to play a game & it will undoubtedly continue in that same direction as long as they are willing to continue to give it out & why not take it but in the grand scheme of things i will never understand it ...

On 4/18/2022 at 1:37 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

What am I missing here?  He's that good?

i think the browns have accepted that there’s little risk of cutting a cornerstone player after 2-3 years. so they are guaranteeing a little deeper.

I mean, what would it take for you to take 40% of the signing bonus as a dead hit to cut a tre white after 3 years? 

it’s rare that it bites you, and normally foreseeable - I use the Saints after a bitter negotiation with jimmy graham and also giving junior ‘totally crazy’ gallette guaranteed dollars and then moving on a year later as the counter argument to doing it. Also much more the issue they had with cap than Drew’s contract as everyone points to but that’s a different story for a different day. 

Edited by NoSaint

On 4/18/2022 at 2:37 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

What am I missing here?  He's that good?

As I mentioned earlier, the $71.25M guarantee amount is inflated.  Ward got $44.5M fully guaranteed, which is in line with expectations in a deal this size. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.