71 million guaranteed for Denzel Ward.

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

jags too. they are among the worst franchises in the league, even the jets are getting their ***** together.

Not so sure about the Jets… 😂

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/jets-turned-down-free-agents-nfl-insider-01g0chdsaecx

The Athletic's Mike Sando has reported that an NFL executive told him that the Jets "were in on a ton of guys and got nobody," which certainly lines up with what happened regarding wide receiver Tyreek Hill. The Pro Bowler chose to be traded to the Miami Dolphins instead of the Jets a few weeks ago.

"They don’t have a selling point to players right now. People don’t know what to think of Zach Wilson, players don’t necessarily covet playing in that market, and guys who have choices tend to wind up elsewhere."

Sounds like they’ve gone after pretty much all the top guys but got rejected by everyone. 

i guess reportedly woody Johnson is starting to get impatient.

They said his brother Chris had a lot more patience but now that Woody’s back he’s already losing his patience with the slow rebuild.

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Not so sure about the Jets… 😂

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/jets-turned-down-free-agents-nfl-insider-01g0chdsaecx

Sounds like they’ve gone after pretty much all the top guys but got rejected by everyone. 

i guess reportedly woody Johnson is starting to get impatient.

They said his brother Chris had a lot more patience but now that Woody’s back he’s already losing his patience with the slow rebuild.

i think they are trying to go about doing things the right way though. stocking up on draft picks and trying to build a culture. like the bills back in the bad days, FAs are turning them down, but i dont think their GM and HC were bad hires at all.

i respect their staff more than i do miamis and new englands personally. its just tough for them to get FAs because they are still early in their process and have not established the credibility like JA17, McD, and Beane.

I wouldnt be surprised if in 2-4 years though that they overtake the cheats and fish in the division. zach is better than their other QBs, and they have the draft capital and cap space to make things happen.

• Agree 1

Couldn't you argue this is a good thing somehow, in terms of finding more value players? Teams are still going to only be able to pay x% to the position group. It doesn't reset the market as much as move the money to the top guys, which means more prove it one/two year deals for the rest.

Is that the right type of thinking, or somewhere along the lines of losing to an NFC team boosts your playoff chances?

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He reset the CB market. 

Jaylen Ramsey already did that.  Ward is easily a top 10 CB so he’s worth the contract he just got.  The guarantees reported are almost certainly money included in “total guarantees” not money that is “guaranteed at signing”. Agents often report their clients’ contract guarantees that way as a marketing tool.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.