Marvel shows and movies thread

Just Jack

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Interesting scar on Thor's face. I wonder if we will find out how he get it.

And scene with him getting back in shape reminds me of Mr. Incredible doing it.

Isn't that the scar from when he lost his eye?

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

All the marvels shows are pretty good, my favorites are Loki, Hawkeye, and Falcon and Winter solder.

I thought Wanda Vision was fun. 

5 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

One day I plan to start at the beginning and go back through the Marvel universe but I think I’m about 20 years and 30 movies out. 

The wife and I did that before Endgame came out, watched them all again.  But we did the chronological order, not their release order. This link is updated with the ones that have come out since Endgame.

Marvel movies in chronological order | Space

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I was super into this when the first iron man came out. Then couldn’t keep up. Now I’m completely overwhelmed and don’t know where to start. 

One day I plan to start at the beginning and go back through the Marvel universe but I think I’m about 20 years and 30 movies out. 

that’s what I did during the start of the pandemic. Worked my way through them by each phase on Disney plus (having never seen any of them).

i will say that I lost steam at guardians of the galaxy part 2, and haven’t tried to pick it back up again. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/18/2022 at 10:10 AM, teef said:

i'm just starting to watch the marvel stuff on disney.  it's a fun, easy watch,  right now i'm on moon knight, and so far i'm very into it.

Did you ever watch Daredevil? Disney+ finally got the rights to it, but it started on Netflix and is easily one of the best Marvel shows. The fight sequences alone are some of the best in any TV show ever.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Did you ever watch Daredevil? Disney+ finally got the rights to it, but it started on Netflix and is easily one of the best Marvel shows. The fight sequences alone are some of the best in any TV show ever.

never have!  does that have ben affleck in it, or am i totally off base?

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

100% agree.  Amazing show and felt like it really started the Marvel series popularity on Netflix. I loved The Punisher as well.

Just now, Wooderson said:

100% agree.  Amazing show and felt like it really started the Marvel series popularity on Netflix. I loved The Punisher as well.

Not to mention like one the coolest fight scenes ever...

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Not to mention like one the coolest fight scenes ever...

Yeah, Netflix had the right idea for these shows. The Disney shows have been pretty weak by comparison.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:30 AM, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, Netflix had the right idea for these shows. The Disney shows have been pretty weak by comparison.

You are correct but you have to remember Netflix targeted demographic was adults and Disney’s is pretty much everyone in order to make way more money. I would like a more Netflix approach but it’s still efficient enough for me. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Devilmann said:

You are correct but you have to remember Netflix targeted demographic was adults and Disney’s is pretty much everyone in order to make way more money. I would like a more Netflix approach but it’s still efficient enough for me. 

Yeah, I was hoping Disney would put more serious shows on a different platform like Hulu...or maybe keep a contract with Netflix. That way stuff like the Boba Fett show wouldn't have to be so watered down.