Deebo and AJ Brown Skipping Offseason Workouts

Rigotz

Deebo is a fun player, but seems kind of system specific.  I'm not as high on him as it seems most are.  49ers seemed to use him perfectly, and a team like the Jets are probably a good fit (although he apparently doesn't want to be used that way), but he doesn't really give me any worries like say, Tyreek Hill or AJ Brown. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His issue is not money, but with how he’s being used. If that’s the case, will he be as impactful if used differently? 

He’s an idiot.  Shanny makes better use out of him than anyone could/will.  Mvp candidate….and he doesn’t like the way he’s used.

maybe he thinks Trey is a bum

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His issue is not money, but with how he’s being used. If that’s the case, will he be as impactful if used differently? 

Deebo is tired of playing RB. He wants to play WR. Indy and Cleveland have top tier RB's. 

• Agree 1

I just got a notification from ESPN stating that Deebo is now requesting a trade.

I have to say, if he's concerned with how he's being used, then I wouldn't want anything to do with him (not that we can afford him).  I don't want a player on my team who doesn't want the ball in his hands as much as possible.  I have zero issue with him wanting to get paid for have 1700 total scrimmage yards, but that's where it ends for me

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s an idiot.  Shanny makes better use out of him than anyone could/will.  Mvp candidate….and he doesn’t like the way he’s used.

maybe he thinks Trey is a bum

Deebo's injury history is a consideration as well, especially for a team that's going to trade a first round pick for him and pay him a ton of money.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Why are some of you discounting Deebo as a pure receiver?

Again, 77 rec 1405 yards 18.2 ypc this past season.  The rushing stats are a bonus.

Deebo does it all!

Because it isn't "pure receiver". Some of those receptions are out of the backfield receptions, some of those receptions are gimmick receptions - the pop passes and bubble screens etc... some are slot, some are outside. 

That is how you get the best out of Deebo IMO. If you plug him into a more vanilla scheme as an outside receiver for my money he is not the same guy.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There is no way to have Diggs and Samuel. It would be a waste of assets.

Why? 

Kansas City just had two elite pass catching options and ran them successfully for years. 

Tampa Bay won a Super Bowl with Mike Evans, Gronk, Godwin. 

The Falcons had Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley. 

Pittsburgh had a rotation of Brown, Schuster, Diontae Johnson, and before that Wallace and Brown. 

It's a lot of money, but look at the boost Diggs made to the offense. Him and Samuel and Davis? 

Then you're not depending on guys like Cole Beasley, John Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie come Playoff time, and that's been the biggest downfall of this team come Playoff time. Josh has to do everything offensively. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There is no way to have Diggs and Samuel. It would be a waste of assets.

For the same money I’d rather Diggs and Deebo  , then Diggs and Edmonds !!! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.