Deebo and AJ Brown Skipping Offseason Workouts

Rigotz

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd 100% bay AJ Brown top end receiver money. I think Deebo is a more difficult question. I think he is worth that money to the 49ers.... but to someone else? I don't see it. Not sure he is a stud in every offense. 

Interesting take. Deebo is the reason SF was one game away from the superbowl. Special player in THAT offense.

Like you say, I don't see every OC being able to maximize his talents.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd 100% bay AJ Brown top end receiver money. I think Deebo is a more difficult question. I think he is worth that money to the 49ers.... but to someone else? I don't see it. Not sure he is a stud in every offense. 

So Deebo can only be effective in an offense with an immobile, noodle-armed QB?  I don’t agree…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He's a stud in every offense where the QB can get him the ball.

77 rec 1405 yards 18.5ypc, plus his ability to play HB.

9 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

These guys are a year early.  Moving on.  Both highly talented.  They fold at worst by week 10.

Why would they fold?  They hold ALL the cards.  They're getting $25 million per from whatever team they end up playing for.

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If they don't trade Edmunds, do you think he will be a non-participant?

Deebo missing voluntary practices, wants a new deal:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10711781?category=headlines

AJ Brown missing voluntary practices, wants a new deal:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10711811?category=headlines

For the "this is why you don't pay Diggs now" crowd in response to Poyer's actions.

This is why you DO pay Diggs now. He's happy, Josh is happy, and it was going to happen regardless.

13 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

some games he is

Deebo missing voluntary practices, wants a new deal:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10711781?category=headlines

AJ Brown missing voluntary practices, wants a new deal:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10711811?category=headlines

For the "this is why you don't pay Diggs now" crowd in response to Poyer's actions.

This is why you DO pay Diggs now. He's happy, Josh is happy, and it was going to happen regardless.

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

These guys are a year early.  Moving on.  Both highly talented.  They fold at worst by week 10.

They have both been in the league 3 years and aren’t allowed to get a new contract until now. Since neither was a first round pick they only have 1 year left on their contract. This is the exact time they should be trying to get a new contract. They both know if they don’t get a new one they will get the franchise tag next year, which means they will miss out on the major pay day for even more time 

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is there some kind of manual out there that these guys use. If he’s not careful he’s going to wind up on the jets 

Yeah it seems like almost a standard play at this point - it’s guaranteed to get picked up on by the gossip generators on twitter and elsewhere and I think the players perceive it as creating pressure on the team. I doubt most teams care.

7 hours ago, mannc said:

So Deebo can only be effective in an offense with an immobile, noodle-armed QB?  I don’t agree…

No. I think to be at his best he does need a scheme that moves him about though and uses him out of the backfield as a receiver and a runner, out of the slot and wide. I think if you stuck Deebo in an offense that just pigeon holed him in one spot he would not be the same guy. Shanahan's creativity is perfect for him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Ah, the outrage at players missing IN"voluntary" practices.  

My opinion is that if you want to be a great team and contend for a Super Bowl, every hour you spend working out with your teammates is beneficial.  

5 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

They have both been in the league 3 years and aren’t allowed to get a new contract until now. Since neither was a first round pick they only have 1 year left on their contract. This is the exact time they should be trying to get a new contract. They both know if they don’t get a new one they will get the franchise tag next year, which means they will miss out on the major pay day for even more time 

Especially these two as AJ Brown dealt through some injuries last year and Deebo being used as a RB as much as he has won't have a long NFL shelf life.  I don't blame them.  I think both get extended this off-season but it's going to take a while.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Really?  I think Deebo is the best non-QB in the entire league except maybe Aaron Donald.  And Brown has a lot of wear and tear - receivers who are built like him often break down early.  So I come out the opposite…

I think Deebo has worse wear than Brown. Dude seeks contact HARDDD. I've never seen a more appropriately named player

Actually... if I'm SF, I'm shopping him a little as quiet as possible. See if you can get a tyreek type haul. He missed a lot of time his first 2 years, and 2 games last year. His stock could never be higher. He's gunna want a FATTTT payday (and I don't blame him).

If I was a SF fan i think my Fandom would cloud my judgement, but I think paying him top 3 would be a mistake for injuries alone.

Edited by BillsShredder83

At this point, these guys are seeing all the $$$ being tossed around to WR's and then looking at theirs. You can't blame them really because it's a business and they have a small window to make as much as they can. Miami went and destroyed the market giving Tyreek that deal. It's like being at the beach and feeding a single seagull. Next thing you know, there's 15 of them swirling around and crapping all over the place. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

My opinion is that if you want to be a great team and contend for a Super Bowl, every hour you spend working out with your teammates is beneficial.  

simple solution then - extend them both. They’re both grossly underpaid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He will be a Jet by the end of the week 

It will have to be a place that's willing to pay him for sure. Spotrac has the Jets listed at -$8M+ right now. Watch Indy, Carolina, Cleveland, and GB. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.