Deebo and AJ Brown Skipping Offseason Workouts

Rigotz

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Especially with an unproven 2nd year QB on a rookie contract 

they can afford it.  Pay your WRs, DEs and OL

If Trey Lance wants to sit at the QB Table then Year 2 is not too early for anything.

Lamar and Mahomes both were League MVPs in Year 2.

Where as Guys like Brady, Rothlesberger, Wilson were all Super Bowl Champions in Year 2.

For Trey…it’s time.  Already falling behind schedule if you don’t make it happen in Year 2.

9 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

If Trey Lance wants to sit at the QB Table then Year 2 is not too early for anything.

Lamar and Mahomes both were League MVPs in Year 2.

Where as Guys like Brady, Rothlesberger, Wilson were all Super Bowl Champions in Year 2.

For Trey…it’s time.  Already falling behind schedule if you don’t make it happen in Year 2.

I mentioned year two because he has 4 more years under a rookie contract.  When you pay your QB under 10M a year for 4 years, you can pay everyone else.  It has nothing to do with him not ready. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Don't get me wrong, there are inept coordinators/QB combos out there that can ruin him.  That goes for any WR.

I am not saying he can only work in San Fran. But I think he needs one of those very flexible offenses. Put him on even a good offense like Tampa and he compiles loads of stats but he is just another one of Brady's super slots. He is a game breaker in San Fran because of how he is used. 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

SF has to fix this - they can't let him leave.

SF isn’t winning anything without a QB.  They are an extremely talented and well coached team with no QB.  If the can trade Deebo  to pick up a QB in the draft or available veteran than I 100% think they should.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan

25 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

SF isn’t winning anything without a QB.  They are an extremely talented and well coached team with no QB.  If the can trade Daboll to pick up a QB in the draft or available veteran than I 100% think they should.  

They just traded the farm last year for Trey Lance 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

SF isn’t winning anything without a QB.  They are an extremely talented and well coached team with no QB.  If the can trade Daboll to pick up a QB in the draft or available veteran than I 100% think they should.  

I thought we already traded him to the Giants.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

SF has to fix this - they can't let him leave.

There is a lesson in here about giving a valued WR the touches you normally give a RB and creating this weird situation where he is now seen as "more valuable" than he was prior............when in fact they are just putting hard miles on the dude and shortening his career.

He was coming off the field injured frequently at the end of last season............that isn't what you want to see from a young WR1........unless you plan to use him up and let him walk.

I think it's smart of Deebo and his agent to try to get him paid........he could end up Saquon'd or McCaffrey'd next season.........young but already worn out........so he should be trying to get that money while he can.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

SF isn’t winning anything without a QB.  They are an extremely talented and well coached team with no QB.  If the can trade Deebo  to pick up a QB in the draft or available veteran than I 100% think they should.  

I don't see anyone that's available in this draft or trade (see Baker) as taking the 49ers to the Super Bowl. While Lance has great skills not sure he's ready to take a leap as let's face it he's only played one full year of college ball. He might not be NFL ready for another 3 years IMO.

40 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think Mac Jones was the pick but Shanahan talked himself out of it.

Mac has limitations am not sure he's better than Jimmy G.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Mac has limitations am not sure he's better than Jimmy G.

I think he wanted a younger Jimmy G without the injuries to run his offense.  It's been reported that before trading for Jimmy G he was hoping to get Kirk Cousins so I think a mobile qb isn't a high priority for him.  I was surprised they drafted Lance.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

How about Deebo to the Bills? 😁

Boomer and Gio on WFAN this morning were speculating about how the Jets could use #10 pick as starting point in trying to trade for Deebo. JD was in on Tyreek Hill and he knows they need a true #1 WR to help out Wilson similar to Diggs with Allen. 

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Boomer and Gio on WFAN this morning were speculating about how the Jets could use #10 pick as starting point in trying to trade for Deebo. JD was in on Tyreek Hill and he knows they need a true #1 WR to help out Wilson similar to Diggs with Allen. 

I would need Deebo to convince me his head is the right spot.

He needs to answer me why he wants to leave a Super Bowl ready team where he is the primary option.  Why does he not want that?

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

He needs to answer me why he wants to leave a Super Bowl ready team where he is the primary option.  Why does he not want that?

$$$$$$.

4 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

From what I understand, he doesn't want to be used as a running back. That's because RBs don't get paid as much as WRs and their careers are a lot shorter. 

22 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

And if they plan to play him more at RB than WR his money goes way down.

And his body gets more wear and tear.  What good is getting a new 25 million  a year deal for 1 yr franchise tag, then get beat up to where you got to walk away.  But get traded to a team that will let him be a part of their receiving weapons not the main focus and he accepts a low 16 m per year for 5 yrs that earns him 80m and less wear and tear.  

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

From what I understand, he doesn't want to be used as a running back. That's because RBs don't get paid as much as WRs and their careers are a lot shorter. 

Yea its easy to say for a bump in pay he should be happy.  If he getting beaten up constantly injured even if they are relatively minor.  You want to retire with best quality of life after football.  Less damage u take during playing days makes a big difference as you age.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.