Deebo and AJ Brown Skipping Offseason Workouts

Rigotz

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because it isn't "pure receiver". Some of those receptions are out of the backfield receptions, some of those receptions are gimmick receptions - the pop passes and bubble screens etc... some are slot, some are outside. 

That is how you get the best out of Deebo IMO. If you plug him into a more vanilla scheme as an outside receiver for my money he is not the same guy.

Have him play the Beasley and McKenzie hybrid role.  Jet sweeps, screens, option slot routes…

i think he would be a great weapon on this team.  Just don’t think it’ll happen

Just now, Cray51 said:

Have him play the Beasley and McKenzie hybrid role.  Jet sweeps, screens, option slot routes…

i think he would be a great weapon on this team.  Just don’t think it’ll happen

I would hope we are past the point the Bills used to find themselves in where the Bills offensive coaches couldn't figure out how to utilize their best players. 

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

For the same money I’d rather Diggs and Deebo  , then Diggs and Edmonds !!! 

We don’t know where the cap will be but I just can’t see all that cap in 2 WRs. If Allen were just starting his rookie deal sure.

plus we have to give up cheap high draft picks.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I would hope we are past the point the Bills used to find themselves in where the Bills offensive coaches couldn't figure out how to utilize their best players. 

With Deebo on this roaster I doubt that Josh would face many two high safety formations 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We don’t know where the cap will be but I just can’t see all that cap in 2 WRs. If Allen were just starting his rookie deal sure.

plus we have to give up cheap high draft picks.

And all that would be worth it for just ONE SB 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

SF has to fix this - they can't let him leave.

Maybe they should let him leave.

Right now the 49ers can offer Deebo the Trifecta…that not many other teams can offer.

- Money

- #1 Option on Offense/Super Star Attention

- Team able to Compete for Super Bowl

when a player suddenly doesn’t want to get paid be the primary option on offense and be on a Super Bowl caliber team when that guy wants out that might raise a red flag.

Maybe get out and get the most of what you can.

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Our best offer would be Davis and pick 25.  Not sure I'd do it.  

Compared to what other teams are going to offer - won't be enough.

But Davis did have a big game v Shanny in 2020.  Maybe that sticks.  

Why not 2022 1st 2023 1st and 3rd?  That asking price should be comparable to the one KC got for Tyreek.  

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Why not 2022 1st 2023 1st and 3rd?  That asking price should be comparable to the one KC got for Tyreek.  

I might be fine with that - I just don't think Beane is.  So I was thinking of a deal that was reasonable and shores up a need - secure WR 2 with a legit WR1 without giving up too much draft capital. 

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because it isn't "pure receiver". Some of those receptions are out of the backfield receptions, some of those receptions are gimmick receptions - the pop passes and bubble screens etc... some are slot, some are outside. 

That is how you get the best out of Deebo IMO. If you plug him into a more vanilla scheme as an outside receiver for my money he is not the same guy.

I strongly disagree.  He has great hands, is a very good route runner and is arguably the best in the league racking up YAC.

Shanahan was just creative enough to use him in a multitude of ways because he realizes how special Deebo is.  Tyreek Hill has the ability that would allow him to be used the same way.  Deebo will be successful anywhere a QB can get him the ball.  

He does it all, whether folks want to give him credit where it's due or not.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

SF has to fix this - they can't let him leave.

Agreed.  Especially with an unproven 2nd year QB on a rookie contract 

they can afford it.  Pay your WRs, DEs and OL

Edited by NewEra

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This years’ 2nd and next year’s 1st.

More.

a lot more. 

Actual players that can put me over the top if I’m the 49ers.

I mean they were what?  2-3 plays from the Super Bowl?  Would they have been favored if it was 49ers v Bengals?

I wouldn’t be looking for Picks when the window is right now.

• Disagree 1

It’s not what you want to offer. It’s what offer can you make to beat other offers. 

The starting point would be our 1st and 2nd this year. Then you know another team will beat that easily since we pick late. We’re talking minimum of 3 draft picks probably 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, and a high pick next year. Plus a big contract.

This has the Jets written all over it.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s not what you want to offer. It’s what offer can you make to beat other offers. 

The starting point would be our 1st and 2nd this year. Then you know another team will beat that easily since we pick late. We’re talking minimum of 3 draft picks probably 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, and a high pick next year. Plus a big contract.

This has the Jets written all over it.

I immediately thought of the Jets too for Deebo with the Saleh/49ers connection. That said it be funny if Brown got traded for Deebo straight up. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I strongly disagree.  He has great hands, is a very good route runner and is arguably the best in the league racking up YAC.

Shanahan was just creative enough to use him in a multitude of ways because he realizes how special Deebo is.  Tyreek Hill has the ability that would allow him to be used the same way.  Deebo will be successful anywhere a QB can get him the ball.  

He does it all, whether folks want to give him credit where it's due or not.

He is very good. But stick him in a vanilla scheme I don't think he is the same guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.