Deebo and AJ Brown Skipping Offseason Workouts

Rigotz

Deebo missing voluntary practices, wants a new deal:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10711781?category=headlines

AJ Brown missing voluntary practices, wants a new deal:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10711811?category=headlines

For the "this is why you don't pay Diggs now" crowd in response to Poyer's actions.

This is why you DO pay Diggs now. He's happy, Josh is happy, and it was going to happen regardless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

These guys are a year early.  Moving on.  Both highly talented.  They fold at worst by week 10.

Maybe they're thinking since Diggs had a couple years left, why not us, ignoring the fact that he hadn't gotten a new deal from the Bills yet after the trade.

29 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10711781?category=headlines

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news/10711811?category=headlines

For the "this is why you don't pay Diggs now" crowd in response to Poyer's actions.

This is why you DO pay Diggs now. He's happy, Josh is happy, and it was going to happen regardless.

1 - Those guys are on their rookie contracts. Diggs was on an already lucrative 2nd contract. 

2- No harm has been done to the teams yet - missing voluntary practice is meaningless

3- The most underpaid veteran WR in the NFL has to be Cooper Kupp. I've yet to see a report that he's looking to re-work his contract

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd 100% bay AJ Brown top end receiver money. I think Deebo is a more difficult question. I think he is worth that money to the 49ers.... but to someone else? I don't see it. Not sure he is a stud in every offense. 

Really?  I think Deebo is the best non-QB in the entire league except maybe Aaron Donald.  And Brown has a lot of wear and tear - receivers who are built like him often break down early.  So I come out the opposite…

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Really?  I think Deebo is the best non-QB in the entire league except maybe Aaron Donald.  And Brown has a lot of wear and tear - receivers who are built like him often break down early.  So I come out the opposite…

Wow yea I see it totally the other way. I think Deebo is a scheme specific weapon. I think AJ Brown can do it all.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

To  be fair, there is a difference: both Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown are in the last year of their cheap rookie deals

Diggs was being well-paid on a 2nd contract which had 2 years left to run

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

1 - Those guys are on their rookie contracts. Diggs was on an already lucrative 2nd contract. 

2- No harm has been done to the teams yet - missing voluntary practice is meaningless

3- The most underpaid veteran WR in the NFL has to be Cooper Kupp. I've yet to see a report that he's looking to re-work his contract

So... your assumption is that because a third star WR hasn't come forward publicly and said "I want a new deal" ... he's not going to get one? 

I'll bet your house that he gets one. Stay tuned on this thread when it happens and I'll be happy to feed you some crow.

I know where Deebo will be in June

Deebo_Logo-1024x1024.png

June 18th Greenville, SC it's going down. Also will have update next week on that Mafia event I solicited ideas for. Can't wait to do a Bills event but it's fun with these other teams/players as well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

So... your assumption is that because a third star WR hasn't come forward publicly and said "I want a new deal" ... he's not going to get one? 

I'll bet your house that he gets one. Stay tuned on this thread when it happens and I'll be happy to feed you some crow.

Why would I take a bet where YOU are wagering MY house? Bet your own house!

Maybe Kupp is ok with being underpaid by ~10 million this year. He's still being paid 15 million to play a game. If he was going to complain about it and squeeze the Rams for every penny I think he would've done so by now (see: veteran-deal WRs Adams, Hill, Diggs or rookie-deal WRs Samuel, Brown, McLaurin). 

4 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Why would I take a bet where YOU are wagering MY house? Bet your own house!

Maybe Kupp is ok with being underpaid by ~10 million this year. He's still being paid 15 million to play a game. If he was going to complain about it and squeeze the Rams for every penny I think he would've done so by now (see: veteran-deal WRs Adams, Hill, Diggs or rookie-deal WRs Samuel, Brown, McLaurin). 

Kupp is underpaid. He isn't as underpaid as Diggs was. And regardless, I understand Kupp and the team have talked about a new deal and I expect something to happen after the draft. It is very much on the cards. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.