How many prime time games do you think the Bills will play this season?

tomur67

I think they will get 5 or more. This team with Allen leading the way have quickly become the "must see t.v" and we likely will see more Bills games broadcast nationally/prime time than we ever have.

So I'm going to guess at the very least 5 and could be as much as 7. I don't think it will be any more than that though

On 4/18/2022 at 9:45 AM, Gregthekeg said:

I hope there aren't too many, nothing better than 1:00 Sunday football IMO

It’s a sense of pride getting prime time but at the same time I don’t like night games. Buffalo is made for 1pm starts. Even 4pm is better than night 🤷

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/18/2022 at 2:18 PM, Just Jack said:

On 4/18/2022 at 12:49 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Isn't the max number 5? Whatever it is it will be the most allowed. And get used to (what used to be) life as a Patriots fan with games on every time but 1pm Sunday.

On 4/18/2022 at 12:25 PM, Just Jack said:

Last year when the schedule came out, 10 teams had 5 prime time games.  

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/2021-nfl-schedule-who-prime-time-games-season

Five is the max when the schedule comes out. 

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/buffalo-bills/nfl-schedulolgy-2021

On 4/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, Buftex said:

I love the prime-time games...but the I feel jipped when they aren't playing on Sunday afternoon!

I don't know if it is an official rule, or just an unspoken rule...but I thought that teams prime time games were capped off at 6.

On 4/18/2022 at 12:21 PM, djp14150 said:

i think 6 is the max a team can get.

most likely 5 games fir prime time.

opener at Rams on NBC

at Bengals on ESPN

Green Bay ( this could be The pre World Series FOX solo game at 425 or be the game against the WS on NBC.  It could also be Xmas game for either 425 or NBC)

Tennessee/Baltimore ( if Green Bay is 425 then both for prime time or designated for Saturday in December)

NE/MIA one home one road….3 games of 6 BUF-MIA-NE divisional match ups. It’s balanced where one is a home and one is a road game for each team. One of them on Thursday. 

Kansas City game is a CBS 425 game.  Lookat Brady-Manning matchups. They rotates being on Monday night, Sunday night, and CBS 425.

Buffalo finishes season at Jets.

On 4/18/2022 at 6:48 AM, Greg S said:

My guess is they are scheduled for 4 but could get flexed into a 5th one.

I think the league rule is a max of 5 primetime games. I don't think teams can have more.

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

4  Regular Season 

4 Post Season 

Wait, so you're saying the Bills will have to play in the Wild Card?! I want the number one seed this year!

On 4/18/2022 at 9:44 AM, NewEra said:

We’re at Disneyland for the weekend and I probably saw around 50 different groups wearing Bills gear yelling Go Bills!

If you saw me today, you wouldn’t know I have a Bills Tee Shirt under my sweater. No telling how many Bills boxers you missed! 

I know a lot of people like the respect and attention of prime time games. I’m not really one of them. My internal clock says the Bills should play at 1:00 on Sundays. I’m a creature of habit. I get how the others feel, and that’s OK too. I just like my routine. 

• Like (+1) 1

For the record my guess is 5, with the Bills at the Lions at 12:30 on Thanksgiving. And not counting 4:00-4:30 games. And it will be amazing how many of the same people who have languished for the Bills to be relevent will now agonize over their low number of 1:00 PM starts. Even though it's bound to happen.

For the rules gurus, 5 is the max except that with flexing up to 3 teams may be on 6 times in prime time as long as no more than 4 of those games are on NBC. Also, when it comes to flexing, each of the afternoon networks is allowed to protect a scheduled game in 5 out of the 6 weeks between weeks 11- 17.

Additionally, the NFL holds unilateral rights to flex any game in week 18 to Sunday night with none of the above rules applying. So technically a team could get 7. 

Edited by Tuco

9 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

It's possible as we do play the Lions are we could play in the 3rd "marquee matchup" game. 

The Lions and Cowboys alternate which team plays an AFC opponent, so CBS and FOX keep their normal schedule of games. This year it's Detroit's turn to host an AFC team on Thanksgiving. So unless they change that rule it will be either the Bills or the Dolphish for the Thanksgiving matchup.

Also, traditionally, the Lions game is always at 12:30 and the Cowboys is always 4:30. So unless another trend is bucked, we will most likely be at Detroit at 12:30 on Thanksgiving.

12 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The Lions and Cowboys alternate which team plays an AFC opponent, so CBS and FOX keep their normal schedule of games. This year it's Detroit's turn to host an AFC team on Thanksgiving. So unless they change that rule it will be either the Bills or the Dolphish for the Thanksgiving matchup.

Also, traditionally, the Lions game is always at 12:30 and the Cowboys is always 4:30. So unless another trend is bucked, we will most likely be at Detroit at 12:30 on Thanksgiving.

They changed the rule a while back, so both Dallas and Detroit can play NFC opponents. For example, here are the Thanksgiving games from 2014-2016:

Nov. 27, 2014

DETROIT LIONS 34, Chicago Bears 17

Philadelphia Eagles 33, DALLAS COWBOYS 10

Seattle Seahawks 19, SAN FRANCISCO  49ERS 3

Nov. 26, 2015

DETROIT LIONS 45, Philadelphia Eagles 14

Carolina Panthers 33, DALLAS COWBOYS 14

Chicago Bears 17, GREEN BAY PACKERS 13

Nov. 24, 2016

DETROIT LIONS 16, Minnesota Vikings 13

DALLAS COWBOYS 31, Washington Redskins 26

Pittsburgh Steelers 28, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 7

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.