How many prime time games do you think the Bills will play this season?

tomur67

Last year when the schedule came out, 10 teams had 5 prime time games.  

In the 2021 NFL season, ten NFL teams will be featured in prime-time five times. The ten teams are - Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Baltimore Ravens, Seattle Seahawks and Los Angeles Rams.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/2021-nfl-schedule-who-prime-time-games-season

Five is the max when the schedule comes out. 

Teams can have up to five prime time games scheduled. They are allowed six total in a season if they are flexed and can have seven if they are also flexed into a season finale prime time game.

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/buffalo-bills/nfl-schedulolgy-2021

5 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

i think 6 is the max a team can get.

most likely 5 games fir prime time.

opener at Rams on NBC

at Bengals on ESPN

Green Bay ( this could be The pre World Series FOX solo game at 425 or be the game against the WS on NBC.  It could also be Xmas game for either 425 or NBC)

Tennessee/Baltimore ( if Green Bay is 425 then both for prime time or designated for Saturday in December)

NE/MIA one home one road….3 games of 6 BUF-MIA-NE divisional match ups. It’s balanced where one is a home and one is a road game for each team. One of them on Thursday. 

Kansas City game is a CBS 425 game.  Lookat Brady-Manning matchups. They rotates being on Monday night, Sunday night, and CBS 425.

Buffalo finishes season at Jets.

I wonder if the league will want to embarrass the Rams by having the Bills as the week one opponent. Bills fans would take over the stadium and for the Rams to raise their championship banner it would embarrassing if the majority of the crowd was booing. You know Bills fans will represent big time in LA. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I wonder if the league will want to embarrass the Rams by having the Bills as the week one opponent. Bills fans would take over the stadium and for the Rams to raise their championship banner it would embarrassing if the majority of the crowd was booing. You know Bills fans will represent big time in LA. 

Season openers are hard to get tickets from STH…especially given it’s fir SB winners.

i don’t think that’s a concern.  Cowboys, Steelers, and other teams have fans all over that invade stadiums.

5 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Season openers are hard to get tickets from STH…especially given it’s fir SB winners.

i don’t think that’s a concern.  Cowboys, Steelers, and other teams have fans all over that invade stadiums.

I wonder how many STH's both the Rams and Chargers have? LA isn't a great football market so even with it being the opener I bet the Bills fans would represent in large numbers. Last year I think every Rams/Chargers game there had a good amount of visiting fans. Some visiting teams had more fans then others but every visiting team had a decent turnout of fan support.

Edited by Greg S

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Isn't the max number 5? Whatever it is it will be the most allowed. And get used to (what used to be) life as a Patriots fan with games on every time but 1pm Sunday.

Five was the max last year, unless a later season game was flexed.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/239474-how-many-prime-time-games-do-you-think-the-bills-will-play-this-season/?do=findComment&comment=7710233

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

My guess is they are scheduled for 4 but could get flexed into a 5th one.

I think the league rule is a max of 5 primetime games. I don't think teams can have more.

Do 4:25 games count as prime time or are we just talking night games only?

I'll go 2 Sunday Night, 1 Monday, a Saturday, is every team still required to play a Thursday game?  Would they go back to back years and have them play at Detroit on turkey day?  On top of that add in a couple 4:25 games too.  If Rams not prime time, that could easily be a 4:25 due to time difference.

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I think at least 3. As KC game almost definitely going to be Prime Time, the Rams and Bengals games they could be appealing matchups as would the Packers and Ravens. 

I agree with you on 3, maybe 4 prime time games.

I also think that the Bills will get a couple 4pm ET Sunday games.

9 hours ago, tomur67 said:

The Bills and Josh Allen's popularity seems to be at an all-time high, not only in western New York , but in other parts of the country as well.  Living in Florida, wearing a Bill's cap or a Bill's shirt, I  get a " Go Bills" shout out constantly.  I don't know how many times I've been told, "  I'm not a Bill's fan, but I like to watch the Bills and especially Josh Allen.  He just makes plays  that are unbelievable."  To me , it's like back in the day when you watched the Lions to watch Barry Sanders or the Bears to watch Gale Sayers do what no other players could do.  Josh is that guy today. And the Bills have talent to complement his talent.

I am guessing 5 Primetime games and one or two 4:00 Sunday games.  

On 4/18/2022 at 10:38 AM, Just Jack said:

18 weeks in a season. 

3 Prime time games a week, so 54 PT games

54 Prime Time games gives you 108 available spots for teams

32 teams

108 divided by 32 is 3.375 

So I'll go with 4. 

Don't forget, they have to put the Bears in there 5 times and the Giants at least twice. And we have to sit through that BS. I know the Giants and Jets are big markets but they don't deserve primetime games and the Bears are my least favorite primetime team and they seem to max out on their primetime games simply because of market size

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.