Tom Brady tweets at Josh Allen [Edit: QBs will face off at golf in June]

Buffalo_Stampede

16 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I totally agree is an opinion.  But…I’m pretty sure the opinion of the vast majority of coaches and players would name Brady as the GOAT, and it might even be a lot closer to unanimous than you think. 

Like it or not, Poll any group of people…players…coaches…fans…media…doesn’t matter.  Brady will be overwhelmingly chosen as the GOAT in that poll.

Bills fan can’t always separate personal bias from these discussions, and I get that, and it’s true for most passionate fam bases.  But the reality is Brady is without question the GOAT in the eyes of the majority.  And while there is never going to be any way to prove who the GOAT is in any sport, he definitely has one of the best resumes for it in NFL history, and he has one of the best resumes of any sport in history.  

Bingo. And winning 7 rings in the NFL is more impressive than 7 rings (or 11, the amount Russell has) in the NBA. QB is often called the most important/difficult position in all of professional sports, and Brady not only has the rings, he has the numbers, accolades & longevity. On top of all that, he's dwarfed the amount of SB wins the next closest competitors have, has played in 10 x SB's, brought a franchise previously with 0 x SB wins to passing the 49ers & Cowboys/ tied for 1st all time with the Steelers, and set post season records in stats/wins that will never be touched. Combined with his passing records, it's obvious why he's almost unanimously called the GOAT now.

Oh, and he did in the free agency era where this kinda stuff was thought to be impossible. There's no real "debate" anymore, just the standard outlier & contrarian opinions (just as there are with MJ in the NBA). It's fine to hate the guy & root against him, but I've long accepted the fact that I'll never live to see anything like what he's done ever again. All I wanted was for the Bills to get a chance to take out some vengeance upon him, & now that he's returning to the Bucs, we'll hopefully get that chance.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Manning made 4 Super Bowls to rodgers 1. That comparison is a bit aggressive. 

Fair enough, I will agree on that fact alone it was a hair aggressive comparison there.  But it was more about his NFL playoff record one and done In the playoffs as a top seed.  

And while he made 4…he beat Rex Grossman for the first one.  

Got blown out in the next 2 appearances while fielding the top offense those seasons, including one that was the all time greatest offense in history…lost a combined 74-15 in those 2 as well.  

His 4th appearance, he was the lowest rated QB that season and his defense and run game carried them all season and through the SB and won the game while he had the single worst performance in SB history by a winning QB.

So while he made more SBs, his not getting done in the playoffs as a whole like Rodgers is still relatively comparable.  

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fair enough, I will agree on that fact alone it was a hair aggressive comparison there.  But it was more about his NFL playoff record one and done In the playoffs as a top seed.  

Got blown out in the next 2 appearances while fielding the top offense those seasons, including one that was the all time greatest offense in history…lost a combined 74-15 in those 2 as well.  

His 4th appearance, he was the lowest rated QB that season and his defense and run game carried them all season and through the SB and won the game while he had the single worst performance in SB history by a winning QB.

So while he made more SBs, his not getting done in the playoffs as a whole like Rodgers is still relatively comparable.  

for arguments sake(even though i really dont care much), I think bringing up the qb he beat is sorta silly. The bears were a superbowl team. Also, right off the top of my head i assumed Big Ben's 05 game was worse so i looked it up... less yards, 2 int's, 22 rating. 

I guess the message you tried to convey was there... But he's had a ton more team success in the playoffs than rodgers.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

for arguments sake(even though i really dont care much), I think bringing up the qb he beat is sorta silly. The bears were a superbowl team. Also, right off the top of my head i assumed Big Ben's 05 game was worse so i looked it up... less yards, 2 int's, 22 rating. 

I guess the message you tried to convey was there... But he's had a ton more team success in the playoffs than rodgers.

I agree and I don’t care really either, just off season banter.  

And yeah, was just conveying he had a disappointing post season resume compared to his regular season accomplishments.  Do agree still better than Rodgers though

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He also beat Brady in the AFCCG for the right to beat Grossman in the super bowl 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Bingo. And winning 7 rings in the NFL is more impressive than 7 rings (or 11, the amount Russell has) in the NBA. QB is often called the most important/difficult position in all of professional sports, and Brady not only has the rings, he has the numbers, accolades & longevity. On top of all that, he's dwarfed the amount of SB wins the next closest competitors have, has played in 10 x SB's, brought a franchise previously with 0 x SB wins to passing the 49ers & Cowboys/ tied for 1st all time with the Steelers, and set post season records in stats/wins that will never be touched. Combined with his passing records, it's obvious why he's almost unanimously called the GOAT now.

Whoa whoa whoa...

In the NBA you have to play offense AND defense and Michael was close to being the very best at both!  Take a look at Jordan's accolades.   It would be exhausting to list them all here, but keep in mind that he won the scoring title, league MVP and defensive player of the year all in the same league year.  10X scoring champion, 6 Finals MVPs, 9x All defense first team (tied for most in NBA history), not to mention the impact he had on the league.

At age 40, under current league rules, he would have had the lowly Wizards in the play-in.  All this without the most recent advances in modern medicine that Brady and others enjoy.

I'd argue Peyton Manning has had more of an impact on how QBs attack the position than Tom Brady.  I can acknowledge Brady as the G.O.A.T. even with the cheating scandals, but Michael Jordan transcended the sport of basketball.

For me, there's no comparison.

13 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Some Bills fans really must like having Tom Brady live rent free in their heads 🙄

The man has earned that at the very least at this point no?

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Whoa whoa whoa...

In the NBA you have to play offense AND defense and Michael was close to being the very best at both!  Take a look at Jordan's accolades.   It would be exhausting to list them all here, but keep in mind that he won the scoring title, league MVP and defensive player of the year all in the same league year.  10X scoring champion, 6 Finals MVPs, 9x All defense first team (tied for most in NBA history), not to mention the impact he had on the league.

At age 40, under current league rules, he would have had the lowly Wizards in the play-in.  All this without the most recent advances in modern medicine that Brady and others enjoy.

I'd argue Peyton Manning has had more of an impact on how QBs attack the position than Tom Brady.  I can acknowledge Brady as the G.O.A.T. even with the cheating scandals, but Michael Jordan transcended the sport of basketball.

For me, there's no comparison.

Wholeheartedly agree. MJ is the greatest ever not Lebron. I keep hearing how that's changed over the last few years. Sorry, still doesn't pass my eye or smell test. Lebron is a beast who I can't stand. MJ was a legend who changed sports in front of my eyes. I'm not even a basketball fan other than the period of Magic, Byrd, MJ. Doesn't mean I don't see what a guy like Lebron or Kobe has done. Full accolades to them. They are not MJ. Legend.

Oh and this is a thread about the match so I will say I agree with someone above that I liked, Josh should be with Brady. Brady has never ended Josh's season. Mahomes obviously has a couple of times. I don't like this unless somewhere along the way Josh goes WWE on Mahomes. Maybe breaks a table over his head or something. 😇

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.