Tom Brady tweets at Josh Allen [Edit: QBs will face off at golf in June]

Buffalo_Stampede

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Tom Brady tweets at Josh Allen [Edit: QBs will face off at golf in June]
14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am with @Alphadawg7. Brady might not be the most naturally talented but he is the GOAT. What he did on the field was greater than the rest. It is about more than being clutch. 

Longevity, health, and availability are part of being historically great. Other guys either couldn’t or wouldn’t compete well into their 40’s. Whatever the reason is isn’t super relevant. It makes them less than. If their body broke down they either didn’t have the genetics or discipline to take care of their body like TB. If their body could hold up but they wanted to spend time with their family, they just weren’t as willing as TB. 

It is what it is. Tom Brady is the GOAT and it isn’t close. Tom has so far passed the GOAT QB that the discussion has shifted to “is TB the greatest football player of all time?” Nobody is asking if Rodgers, Manning, or Montana are the greatest NFL player in the history of the sport. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense but Manning In this convo is comical.  He’s Aaron Rodgers 1.0…the super human regular season guy who chokes in the playoffs.

Brady won several of his rings with scrubs as weapons.  Go look at his offensive supporting cast his first 3 SBs, its a joke compared to what Manning had his whole career.  Yet Brady won SBs while Manning set a dubious NFL record (while loaded with HOF weapons) for one and done in the playoffs 9 times just with the Colts alone.  Many of which he was the number 1 seed too.

Manning only has a second SB ring because a dominant defense and dominant run game carried him when he was shot and the lowest rated passer in the nfl that year and had the worst SB game for a winning QB in SB history.  Otherwise, he would still have his one ring against Rex Grossman.  

Manning is footballs equivalent of ARod in baseball (minus the doochey-ness)

Manning made 4 Super Bowls to rodgers 1. That comparison is a bit aggressive. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tom Brady is absolutely an all-time great quarterback, I'm just not willing to 100% say he's the greatest quarterback to ever live

Lolololol. Seriously? This may have been a thing like 2 superbowls ago…. MAYBE. 

• Like (+1) 1

:censored: Tom Brady and his whining cheating ass. 

He’s had Rodger aid him throughout his career. 

From Spygate to the Tuck (funny how the rule went away after 5 years), to Deflate gate to Communications issues on the Pats*** sidelines. (Has any other team had so many issues?) to filming on the sidelines. Yeah you should remember MCD chasing Steve Belicheat away from the Bills sidelines. 
Illegal formation gate (yes a new NFL rule was put out n place) 

IR Gate where players injuries were overstated or hidden. 
Time clock gate — 2019 play clock trick reveals rulebook loophole.  

Spygate 2 — On Dec. 8, 2019, one week before New England's matchup with the Bengals, a Patriots staffer was found in the press box of the Bengals-Browns game taking video that reportedly included extended shots of the Cincinnati sideline.

Then there are the Refs.  
I don’t buy them being the Least Penalized team for a decade with all the player churn. 

Defend the POS player and team all you want. 

You can’t hide 20 years of Cheating Scandals. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Part 2. Boston media 

https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/2021/09/30/tom-brady-deflategate-scandal-cheated/?amp=1

Celebrate Tom Brady but remember he’s not perfect

"The NFL said Brady cheated. Period."

TIM DAHLBERG

AP, September 30, 2021

Part3. Tampa 

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/.amp/news/atlanta-falcons-tampa-bay-buccaneers-news-tom-brady-cheating-2020

oh I knocked on the wrong door.  Visiting the coach before he was allowed to. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not going to argue that Brady hasn't had a lot All pro weapons in his career... But he's had a lot of guys that fit his system perfectly 

Antoine Smith was solid and paired with a great third down back in Kevin faulk... He had clock killin Corey Dillon for the third with faulk 

Deion Branch and Troy Brown weren't all pros but they were solid receivers 

He never even won a super bowl with the greatest offense with Randy Moss.. it got slowed down by a good Giants defense  

His super bowl teams were always very balanced with a good defense 

The colts defensive stats a lot of times were propped up by Peyton Manning's high flying offense and a weak AFC South.. getting up early and then letting them pin their ears back and pass rush

Outside of a few seasons with a healthy Bob Sanders they almost were never an actual top five unit through all three levels... Literal definitions of paper tigers

Belichick has been known as a defensive master for 30 years... And consistently Fields top defenses and schemes... Stops the run and usually takes away your best player 

I'll agree that Brady hasn't had a lot of superstars on offense.. but he has basically always had what he needs ... Hes always preferred precise route runners and reliable third down backs and he picks teams apart with that... He's never Been the greatest at throwing outside the numbers... He knows his strength and has played to it  

Tom Brady is absolutely an all-time great quarterback, I'm just not willing to 100% say he's the greatest quarterback to ever live

You know my father would often tell me that if Roger Staubach would have been allowed to play and not do his military commitment as he didn’t win the starting job for Dallas till he was 29 years old you’d be having a different conversation about greatest QBs.

I agree with you Brady is one of the greatest but to say he’s the greatest simply cause of Super Bowl Rings is up for much debate. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I totally agree is an opinion.  But…I’m pretty sure the opinion of the vast majority of coaches and players would name Brady as the GOAT, and it might even be a lot closer to unanimous than you think. 

Like it or not, Poll any group of people…players…coaches…fans…media…doesn’t matter.  Brady will be overwhelmingly chosen as the GOAT in that poll.

Bills fan can’t always separate personal bias from these discussions, and I get that, and it’s true for most passionate fam bases.  But the reality is Brady is without question the GOAT in the eyes of the majority.  And while there is never going to be any way to prove who the GOAT is in any sport, he definitely has one of the best resumes for it in NFL history, and he has one of the best resumes of any sport in history.  

With respect to the bolded, I choose NOT.

• Like (+1) 1

Really appreciate what @SlimShady'sSpaceForce is laying out briefly just upthread. Tom Brady has turned out to be the most effective QB in NFL history, but the absolute pattern of pushing the limits of rules and ethics (which can be different things), or even outright breaking those rules, COMBINED with his detestable persona and ghastly, irresponsible endeavors outside of football...it all adds up to someone I have no respect for. So eff him, eff the Patriots, and eff the worshippers at the altar of ill-begotten and ungracious success. Sure, his resume speaks for itself. But why celebrate that when the vapid, preppy Frankenstein's monster behind it is such an unlikeable corporate shell of a being? 

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You know my father would often tell me that if Roger Staubach would have been allowed to play and not do his military commitment as he didn’t win the starting job for Dallas till he was 29 years old you’d be having a different conversation about greatest QBs.

I agree with you Brady is one of the greatest but to say he’s the greatest simply cause of Super Bowl Rings is up for much debate. 

I didn't even mention Captain America

And your father certainly has a point that he would have more accolades 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not going to argue that Brady hasn't had a lot All pro weapons in his career... But he's had a lot of guys that fit his system perfectly 

Antoine Smith was solid and paired with a great third down back in Kevin faulk... He had clock killin Corey Dillon for the third with faulk 

Deion Branch and Troy Brown weren't all pros but they were solid receivers 

He never even won a super bowl with the greatest offense with Randy Moss.. it got slowed down by a good Giants defense  

His super bowl teams were always very balanced with a good defense 

The colts defensive stats a lot of times were propped up by Peyton Manning's high flying offense and a weak AFC South.. getting up early and then letting them pin their ears back and pass rush

Outside of a few seasons with a healthy Bob Sanders they almost were never an actual top five unit through all three levels... Literal definitions of paper tigers

Belichick has been known as a defensive master for 30 years... And consistently Fields top defenses and schemes... Stops the run and usually takes away your best player 

I'll agree that Brady hasn't had a lot of superstars on offense.. but he has basically always had what he needs ... Hes always preferred precise route runners and reliable third down backs and he picks teams apart with that... He's never Been the greatest at throwing outside the numbers... He knows his strength and has played to it  

So when Indy had years of top Defenses, they were paper tigers.  When NE has it they were very good Defenses?  Nah.

Manning's high flying Offense?  Brady's Offense was top 10 for 18 of his 19 seasons.  8 top 3's and 3 #1's.  At age 44 he was the top QB in the NFL last season (by 300 yards).  He's averaged over 4600 yards the past 10 years (since his mid 30's.

10 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Brady didn't have weapons?

Branch, Brown, Givens, Patten, Moss, Welker, Edelman, Gronk, Hernandez? Not to mention the receiving RBs he had.  

The bolded were JAGS/creations of Brady.  Hernandez?  lol, he really killed it for one season...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Lolololol. Seriously? This may have been a thing like 2 superbowls ago…. MAYBE. 

Right?!

Honest question for @Buffalo716, what would Brady have to do at this point to be considered the hands down GOAT QB? 

I think this is the first season where TB takes a major step back.

He has always said he will play until he sucks. I think last year, for the first time, his body started to give out in the playoffs and that was why he retired. Then he got a few weeks rest and he was feeling pretty good and felt invincible again. I don't think he will fall off a cliff like Manning. But I think he is really going to struggle to keep it together over 17 weeks and the playoffs. 

Edited by Mango

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rodgers is a 5?  He claimed in an interview I found he was a 3.5, "3 on a good day".  LOL

Josh went into Pebble Beach handicapped as 9.

Rodgers likes to twist his words.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.