USFL Wk.3 game threads

PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

It is a good way to keep the league's expenses down in the beginning too. 

This is absolutely what they have to do. They've seen the other leagues waste money and go bankrupt mid-season. If they're ever going to succeed, they need to establish a following through media first. The attendance would be embarrassingly low regardless of where they played the games.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It didn't work for the AAF or XFL, but you're suggesting they repeat those same mistakes. 🤔

no this league is doomed anyway.  But this decision is going to hasten the end.  Empty stadiums in the middle of the Deep South without a penchant for pro football with empty stands in every camera shot 4 games in a row every weekend.  

the advertisers should be running to the network ad sales offices

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

no this league is doomed anyway.  But this decision is going to hasten the end.  Empty stadiums in the middle of the Deep South without a penchant for pro football with empty stands in every camera shot 4 games in a row every weekend.  

the advertisers should be running to the network ad sales offices

You think they're doomed anyway, but criticizing them for saving money. Can't say I'm surprised.

I do agree that it's an uphill battle for any of these leagues, failure seems imminent. But their model is the most cost effective so far.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You think they're doomed anyway, but criticizing them for saving money. Can't say I'm surprised.

I do agree that it's an uphill battle for any of these leagues, failure seems imminent. But their model is the most cost effective so far.

I would be interested in what the acceptable loss is this year from Fox sports? If they are anywhere near break even they will obviously be thrilled but lowering costs will be huge for viability in getting off the ground.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I criticized them for adapting a sure fail format of showing games in the middle of nowhere in front of no one.

You called that a smart plan because it saves money.

I laughed at that suggestion 

You said  that’s criticizing them for “saving money”.

Lol

Considering the massive uphill climb each of these leagues have (over and over),  pinching pennies on inauguration sounds more like hedging losses than saving money.  

Do you think potential advertisers are eager to buy ad time for this level of ball played in front of empty stadiums?

Do fans at home feel like it’s a legit watch if free tickets won’t even get people to go? 

simple questions.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

2. if the league is depending  on people in and around Birmingham filling the stands for every game every week, there will be endless images of nearly empty stadiums on TV for entire games.  This will affect the impression of all but the most hopeless football junkie in that fewer people will continue to watch bad football played in front of a noiseless/nonexistent crowd.   Ratings have to plummet and who wants to buy ad space for that?

I mean after 2020 people might not care about this as much.

• Like (+1) 1

Week 2 

MATCHUP DATE/TIME NETWORK/STREAMING

-----

Michigan Panthers at New Jersey Generals

Friday Apr. 22, 8 p.m. ET

USA, Peacock, fuboTV

-----

Pittsburgh Maulers at Philadelphia Stars

Saturday Apr. 23, 12 p.m ET

Fox, fuboTV

Birmingham Stallions at Houston Gamblers

Saturday Apr. 23, 7 p.m. ET

FS1, fuboTV

-----

New Orleans Breakers at Tampa Bay Bandits

Sunday Apr. 24, 3 p.m. ET

NBC, Peacock, fuboTV

Edited by PromoTheRobot

A few things

this reply isn’t that bad. If you ignore the crowd, it’s actually pretty decent. It’s probably already better then watching college football. They should have put the games indoors and used camera tricks to hide the crowd. Put it in a dome and do things like they did during Covid bubble times to make the backdrop look cool. If you didn’t see an empty stadium, this thing would look a little more legitimate on TV. But the football itself is really not bad.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A few things

this reply isn’t that bad. If you ignore the crowd, it’s actually pretty decent. It’s probably already better then watching college football. They should have put the games indoors and used camera tricks to hide the crowd. Put it in a dome and do things like they did during Covid bubble times to make the backdrop look cool. If you didn’t see an empty stadium, this thing would look a little more legitimate on TV. But the football itself is really not bad.

They're pumping in fake crowd noise.  I'm not sure if it's just on the broadcast or over the PA at the stadium.  Either that or all people on the sidelines have been instructed to make a lot of noise since there are more members of both teams combined than fans in the stands.  

25 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

21-16 is looking a bit better

This might be a USFL scoring record.

7 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They're pumping in fake crowd noise.  I'm not sure if it's just on the broadcast or over the PA at the stadium.  Either that or all people on the sidelines have been instructed to make a lot of noise since there are more members of both teams combined than fans in the stands.  

If you mic that stand of fans it'll sound like something.

I'm interested in seeing the game tonight. The Stallions are playing. I want to see if they get 17K again.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If they were only going to play in 1 place, I think they should have picked a dome in an area with a ton of people. It would have just looked a little better on tv. Maybe like a 30k seat dome in one of the most populated cities in America or something. The football itself is ok.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If they were only going to play in 1 place, I think they should have picked a dome in an area with a ton of people. It would have just looked a little better on tv. Maybe like a 30k seat dome in one of the most populated cities in America or something. The football itself is ok.

Next year they should go to a city with a 15000 seat dome like the Fargodome. Obviously if they could find it in a city that is much larger that would help also. Last week I went to the UCF spring game and it is just too hot to sit for 3 hours in the sun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.