USFL Wk.3 game threads

PromoTheRobot

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to USFL Wk.1 triple-header game thread.
7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Curious. Why are they showing a replay of last night's game?

Oh. This is why.

Play every game in Alabama, they said. It’ll be a perfect springtime setting they said…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, Steptide said:

There's like 10 people at this game. Probably rain and Easter 

They had a good turnout for the home team yesterday. 

Officials say attendance was around 17,500 for the game, though about 40,000 tickets were sold or distributed. They say rain impacted the anticipated attendance.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The games seem so much longer when the quality of play on the field is poorer. Like….there’s three more quarters of this?!

Late start due to lightning.

Paxton Lynch not helping his cause to return to the NFL.

Honestly enjoying this game - it’s not NFL but it’s still pretty fun. I’m rooting for Houston because of Jimbo’s days there and they seem to have a decent team out there. QB just threaded a beautiful TD pass over 2 defenders while under pressure.

if you go into it expecting the NFL you’re gonna hate it, but if you can just sit and enjoy the game for what it is you’re probably gonna like it

• Agree 1

Jason Garrett saying Paxton Lynch has a lot of the same skills that Josh Allen does.

That tells me one of two things.

1- They'll say anything to make people believe these players have a legitimate shot at making the NFL and it's a quality product.

2- Jason Garrett really believes that and it is no wonder he is no longer employed by an NFL team.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Paxton Lynch was a 1st rd NFL pick and he can't even play well enough for the USFL. Oy!

He's terrible and completely uncoachable. That was the dumbest 1st round pick ever in my recent memory.

56 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Honestly enjoying this game - it’s not NFL but it’s still pretty fun. I’m rooting for Houston because of Jimbo’s days there and they seem to have a decent team out there. QB just threaded a beautiful TD pass over 2 defenders while under pressure.

if you go into it expecting the NFL you’re gonna hate it, but if you can just sit and enjoy the game for what it is you’re probably gonna like it

Generals, Gamblers, Maulers seem like the top 3 teams just based on my quick review of the rosters and the QB/coach tandems they have. It made me a tad bit more excited to root for the Gamblers. I'm not watching this league to root for a losing team...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.