Who's in the inner circle for Draft Day discussions?

Commish

So much information - and misinformation out there in the weeks leading up to the draft. How paranoid would Beane be about his real intentions in the early rounds - if he had his eye on a specific player, wanted to move up or down, etc., would he keep that to himself and McDermott? I would...

Well, when I talked to him last night, he made me pinky swear not to tell anyone.😉.

JK.

I worry more about conversations and stuff with Shoen and Dabol and wonder how that is going to play with ours and their draft boards. Wonder how many changes are being made.🤔

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Well, when I talked to him last night, he made me pinky swear not to tell anyone.😉.

JK.

I worry more about conversations and stuff with Shoen and Dabol and wonder how that is going to play with ours and their draft boards. Wonder how many changes are being made.🤔

The Giants have 2 picks in the top 10, and then picks in the top 5 of rounds 2 and 3. If they’re changing their draft board relative to players that they’re worried the Bills will select at the bottom of the rounds then they’ll be looking for a new front office again soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, transient said:

The Giants have 2 picks in the top 10, and then picks in the top 5 of rounds 2 and 3. If they’re changing their draft board relative to players that they’re worried the Bills will select at the bottom of the rounds then they’ll be looking for a new front office again soon. 

I didn't mean to imply 1st round, apologize if it came across that way.

You seem to be of sound thoughts and this may be a little off topic, but I'll  ask anyways. If you are the Giants and you're starting fresh with a new GM, HC and need to make some cuts and then to build for the future as well as maybe not entirely sold on Jones. Would you trade back with one of your 1st rounders to try and pick one up for next draft? Would a team be willing to give a late 1st this year and next years 1st plus, to possibly move up to 5 or 7? 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a good point. Who is 2nd chairing in the way that Schoen has previously? Who is Beane's trusted sounding board? I presume Brian Gaine but it is a question I'd like the media to ask when he does the pre-draft presser which I guess will come this week?

Beane strikes me as a guy who doesn't need anyone much other than McD to bounce things off of at this time. There's still a room full of Shoes types there as well, no doubt.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Beane strikes me as a guy who doesn't need anyone much other than McD to bounce things off of at this time. There's still a room full of Shoes types there as well, no doubt.

Yup.  And that's why so little news leaks out.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Schoen was the top evaluator though. I am told Brandon trusted his take almost over his own. I don't think he "needs" that as such but he has lost his top two guys in Schoen and Morgan since the last draft. So he either has to tweak his operation or someone will second chair. 

Don't me wrong this is McDermott's show and always has been. Brandon is drafting to Sean's requirements, but he is very much a consensus leader type rather than a John Dorsey "I choose the pick and I trust nobody."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I didn't mean to imply 1st round, apologize if it came across that way.

You seem to be of sound thoughts and this may be a little off topic, but I'll  ask anyways. If you are the Giants and you're starting fresh with a new GM, HC and need to make some cuts and then to build for the future as well as maybe not entirely sold on Jones. Would you trade back with one of your 1st rounders to try and pick one up for next draft? Would a team be willing to give a late 1st this year and next years 1st plus, to possibly move up to 5 or 7? 

I think it would make sense for the Giants, however, the more difficult part of that is finding another team who believes it makes sense to trade up. I’m not a huge draft guy, but the impression I get is this draft is lacking in top end talent. If that’s the case the Giants may be forced to make the picks and then mortgage their own future picks next year to move up for a QB if Jones doesn’t pan out. 

The one thing I think the Giants may be able to take advantage of this year is knowing where the Bills value certain players. If there’s someone they believe that’s likely to be sticking out on the Bills draft board and they have a pick coming up, they may be able to leverage that to make a trade, especially for their 2nd or 3rd round pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I have it on good authority that I don’t know *****

My wife must be a good authority, because this sounds familiar! 

I’m guessing in the Beane regime Rex and that cab driver are not in the inner circle. That is one tight ship!

I’ve been to a Bills Super Bowl, and it was great. I think I’d prefer being in the Bills draft room than personally attend another SB. Check each box on the bucket list! 

8 hours ago, Commish said:

So much information - and misinformation out there in the weeks leading up to the draft. How paranoid would Beane be about his real intentions in the early rounds - if he had his eye on a specific player, wanted to move up or down, etc., would he keep that to himself and McDermott? I would...

Ask @BringBackFergy

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Whoever picks the 2nd player in the draft needs to sit in a corner and stay quiet.

#37 Z. Jones

#16 T. Edmunds

#38 C. Ford

#54 AJ Epenesa

#61 B. Basham

2nd round is the Bills’ kryptonite! 😭

Edited by JaCrispy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.