TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

The chiefs are saddened at the last few picks.  We were sure that one of Faalale, Petit-Frere and Lucas would fall to us.  We were mistaken.  Nice picks gents.

With the 62nd pick, the KC Chiefs select,Nik Bonitto, DE Oklahoma.  We considered Christian Harris and Troy anderson here, but have used 2-3rd rd picks on Bolton and Gay in recent years. We considered adding the speed and gamebreaking ability of Calvin Austin.  We considered Kenneth Walker.  A stud like him running behind our beast OL would be exciting and add another element to our O.  We considered Demarvin Leal as he’s a good physical fit for our D.  We couldn’t pass up the potential of Bonitto.  A bit undersized for the scheme but we believe his explosiveness and ability to create pressure will be an asset for years to come.

Adding Jermaine Johnson and Nik Bonitto to the pass rush should pay off immediately.  Adding Kaiir Elam to the secondary is a perfect fit. We love what we’ve done with our defense and have confidence that we’ll be able to add another solid WR in the draft and FA.  Our OL is set minus RT, but we can’t always get everything we want. Pass rush rules the day.  

@Might Rather and the bengals are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bengals (Might Rather) are on the clock

With the 63rd pick the Bengals select DeAngelo Malone, Edge, Western Kentucky 

Still looking for weapons to slow the top offences in the gauntlet of the AFC, Malone is "A high-energy player who is relentless when rushing the quarterback, Malone has very good effort overall. You’ll see Malone chase plays down in pursuit and works down the line of scrimmage laterally to clean plays up."  

The Broncos @Philo are on the clock

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The chiefs are saddened at the last few picks.  We were sure that one of Faalale, Petit-Frere and Lucas would fall to us.  We were mistaken.  Nice picks gents.

With the 62nd pick, the KC Chiefs select,Nik Bonitto, DE Oklahoma.  We considered Christian Harris and Troy anderson here, but have used 2-3rd rd picks on Bolton and Gay in recent years. We considered adding the speed and gamebreaking ability of Calvin Austin.  We considered Kenneth Walker.  A stud like him running behind our beast OL would be exciting and add another element to our O.  We considered Demarvin Leal as he’s a good physical fit for our D.  We couldn’t pass up the potential of Bonitto.  A bit undersized for the scheme but we believe his explosiveness and ability to create pressure will be an asset for years to come.

Adding Jermaine Johnson and Nik Bonitto to the pass rush should pay off immediately.  Adding Kaiir Elam to the secondary is a perfect fit. We love what we’ve done with our defense and have confidence that we’ll be able to add another solid WR in the draft and FA.  Our OL is set minus RT, but we can’t always get everything we want. Pass rush rules the day.  

@Might Rather and the bengals are on the clock

Not a bad consolation prize @NewEra

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not a bad consolation prize @NewEra

Thanks.  It was tough deciding between the fit of Leal the explosiveness of Walker and Austin and potential need of Cross, but Bonitto was my BPA at an ultra premium position who I think will have the biggest impact on the teams success going forward.  Clark looks close to washed and the depth is bleh.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Thanks.  It was tough deciding between the fit of Leal the explosiveness of Walker and Austin and potential need of Cross, but Bonitto was my BPA at an ultra premium position who I think will have the biggest impact on the teams success going forward.  Clark looks close to washed and the depth is bleh.  

I'm surprised Leal is still there. His tape is up and down but at this point he is worth the risk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Broncos (Philo) are on the clock

With the 64th pick, the Denver Broncos select Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska.

In the arms race that has become the AFC West, we are behooved to continue to add talent to our secondary. Pat Surtain and Justin Simmons are exceptional players, however veterans Kareem Jackson and Ronald Darby are upgradeable at this point in their careers. We expect Taylor-Britt to immediately compete for the outside corner spot opposite Surtain. We love his physicality and believe it will pay off against the high powered offenses we play multiple times a year. Safety was another consideration here, looking for someone to eventually take over for Jackson when he hits the proverbial "wall", and should be addressed with a later selection. 

I believe this concludes TSW mock draft 2.0!

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

That’s a wrap everyone!  Seriously, amazing job completing two rounds with trades in less than a week.  That’s got to be a record for us.  

I am going to do a 3.0 with the signup starting on Sunday, Draft starting on Monday.  

It will be one round only with trades.  Please be on the lookup for the signup sheet. 

Also, I plan to select someone to pick as the Bills…..

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That’s a wrap everyone!  Seriously, amazing job completing two rounds with trades in less than a week.  That’s got to be a record for us.  

I am going to do a 3.0 with the signup starting on Sunday, Draft starting on Monday.  

It will be one round only with trades.  Please be on the lookup for the signup sheet. 

Seduce Family Guy GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

If this happens for the Bills in the first 2 rounds we will be going crazy. The perfect 2 picks for us, Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall. Then we go CB, OL and LB for the remainder. Dream draft for the Bills. And we would be the scariest offense in the NFL, already are I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

That's actually a good idea, it allows Bills to do some trading.

I suggest @NewEra, he was most active in this thread.

I’m probably better off being a different team.  I wouldn’t wanna cultivate any additional haters based on my inevitable trade up for a WR, 😉 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Another great mock you ran here Virgil, thanks for doing these, they are always fun and spur interesting back and forth discussion

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m probably better off being a different team.  I wouldn’t wanna cultivate any additional haters based on my inevitable trade up for a WR, 😉 

I'm tempted to keep the Bills and trade up for a QB.

Just to watch the world burn.....

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm tempted to keep the Bills and trade up for a QB.

Just to watch the world burn.....

If I'm the bills I'm trading up to 7 and Taking Breece Hall. There's a 48 page thread talking about how great he is. I don't want to miss out!😉 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.