TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

3 minutes ago, Might Rather said:

With the 31st Pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select Daxton Hill Safety, Michigan.

The Bengals feel they have the offensive fire power to keep up with the likes of Allen and Mahomes but could use some help to slow them down. “A true football player. Hill is as tough as they come and always looks to deliver a blow upon contact. He plays the game the right way, playing through the whistle and always hustling to the ball even when the play goes the opposite way. His intensity and passion are evident and he plays much, much bigger than his frame should allow.”

The Lions @frostbitmic are on the clock

BPA also, I felt.  I know you are thumbs down on McDuffie but you were a "no go" on #17 and had Jon Miller with a Gold Jacket.  So you are real good and I appreciate your work, but sometimes I follow my own instincts.    

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Lions (frostbitmic) are on the clock
21 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

With the 29th Pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select Trent McDuffie CB Washington.   

The Falcons need help everywhere, but CB was a spot that definitely needed improvement.  This is strong value for the Falcons who are the benefit of the "short arms" narrative for a great player whom they are shocked to see still available.  

With the 30th pick in the 2022 TSW Mock Draft the Atlanta Falcons select George Pickens WR Georgia Pickens WR Georgia.   The Receiving Corps is extremely shorthanded, so the Falcons take a chance on a high upside player with some maturity concerns.    This is a gamble after the Calvin Ridley fiasco, but the talent is undeniable.  There was a strong argument for Edge with Boye Mafe but at this point scoring some points and giving Mariota and Pitts some help tipped the scales.    

The Bengals @Might Rather are on the clock

Good picks.  Hard to fault the McDuffie pick here.  

Only thing I wonder about though is if Falcons might look at another position than CB here with AJ Terrel and now Casey Hayward also there after signing a 2 year deal.  Don’t get me wrong, Hayward isn’t a long term fixture, so McDuffie certainly a realistic option in this scenario and could play the slot (or Hayward could move back to the alot) which would set their secondary up pretty nice the next 2 years.  

But wonder given who is on the board if they would maybe consider an edge rusher like Karlaftis or even QBs like Howell or even Ridder and then look at maybe adding a CB later in second or third round.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But wonder given who is on the board if they would maybe consider QB Howell here or even an edge rusher like Karlaftis and then look at maybe adding a CB later in second or third round.  

I had a tough time passing on Karlaftis at 31 also.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

BPA also, I felt.  I know you are thumbs down on McDuffie but you were a "no go" on #17 and had Jon Miller with a Gold Jacket.  So you are real good and I appreciate your work, but sometimes I follow my own instincts.    

I think this is directed at me... haha. I am not thumbs down on McDuffie as such. He is 26th on my big board. I just think he is a tad low ceiling and not a particularly good fit for the Bills. I actually think as a slot he'd be outstanding and he can start there for Atlanta and then move outside after Hayward's two year deal expires. I talked myself into the pick as I was replying to you.

I was a no go on #17, that is true. I don't think I ever had John Miller for a gold jacket mind you.... I did have him as a decent starting guard who was better than Vlad Ducasse. I stand by the second part of that. He was better than Vlad Ducasse. 

Edited by GunnerBill

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jaguars (Doc Brown) are on the clock
3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And well run by you if might add.  Thanks for doing it again 

Hear, hear. 

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Round 1 complete.  Very fast, especially with trades.  Well done 

If we keep rolling through round 2 I say we let it run three rounds! If it bogs down obviously call it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With the 33rd selection, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa.

The Jaguars need to do everything they can to protect Trevor Lawrence.  Tyler Smith is extremely athletic but raw.  The ideal situation for the Jaguars is he can learn and develop behind Cam Robinson for a year.  Hopefully he can become the long term solution to protect Lawrence’s blind side.

The Lions @frostbitmic are on the clock.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Lions (frostbitmic) are on the clock
23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hear, hear. 

If we keep rolling through round 2 I say we let it run three rounds! If it bogs down obviously call it. 

If we somehow get through 2 rounds, I might try a final 3.0 for just one round with 2 hour windows

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

With the 34th pick, The Detroit Lions select Christian Watson, WR, The North Dakota State University

With sub 4.4 speed and standing 6'5" all this kid needs to do is go to the ball catching school that Dawson Knox went to. Besides his size, Watson is a very hard worker and a big positive in the locker room.

The Jets @Big Blitz are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With the 35th pick in the draft the draft, the Jets select, George Karlaftis, DE Purdue.

Potential - we're banking on it.  Mafe was a consideration here but we like that Karlaftis is nowhere near his ceiling.  Coach Salah will help him get there.  Combined with Carl Lawson coming back and Williams in the middle - our front 4 could cause all kinds of problems for offenses.  

@wppete is next up

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

With the 34th pick, The Detroit Lions select Christian Watson, WR, The North Dakota State University

With sub 4.4 speed and standing 6'5" all this kid needs to do is go to the ball catching school that Dawson Knox went to. Besides his size, Watson is a very hard worker and a big positive in the locker room.

The Jets @Big Blitz are on the clock

You have done an awesome job with those 3 picks @frostbitmic

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

You still have Alpha down for #45 on the front page mate. Should be me now. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Giants (wppete) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good picks.  Hard to fault the McDuffie pick here.  

Only thing I wonder about though is if Falcons might look at another position than CB here with AJ Terrel and now Casey Hayward also there after signing a 2 year deal.  Don’t get me wrong, Hayward isn’t a long term fixture, so McDuffie certainly a realistic option in this scenario and could play the slot (or Hayward could move back to the alot) which would set their secondary up pretty nice the next 2 years.  

But wonder given who is on the board if they would maybe consider an edge rusher like Karlaftis or even QBs like Howell or even Ridder and then look at maybe adding a CB later in second or third round.  

I looked at the Minnesota edge and would have taken Matt Corral if he was available.  But McDuffie was "sticking out" on the Board and BPA is a thing.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I looked at the Minnesota edge and would have taken Matt Corral if he was available.  But McDuffie was "sticking out" on the Board and BPA is a thing.

Don’t blame you, can’t argue against the logic. He could give them a formidable secondary this year 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Don’t blame you, can’t argue against the logic. He could give them a formidable secondary this year 

I had that same initial thought. But you start McDuffie in the slot that is one of the best corner trios in the league IMO and what has long been a weakness for Atlanta suddenly becomes a strength. I think Terrell went under the radar last year because the team was bad. He was absolutely outstanding. He got second team all pro honours but he only actually received 8 votes among the 50 voters. He deserved more than that IMO. If he has another year like that he rockets into that genuine elite corner conversation.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.