TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

With the 13th pick in the TSW mock draft 2.0, the Houston Texans select Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU. 

I have to be honest, I think Stingley might be the best player in the draft. He shut down the SEC as a true freshmen, then people just stopped throwing his way. The Lisfranc injury is concerning for a corner, but from all accounts he looked good at his pro day. He ran a 4.37 and jumped 38.5 on the vert. He is a technician, and if heathy, will be a top 5 corner right off the bat. With pick #3, I considered Walker, Gardner, Stingley, so I am surprised and ecstatic that he is here. Had a nice trade down opportunity but I had to stay put in this scenario. Imo, the Texans need to rebuild their defense with an edge player and a corner and I think Lovie Smith is going to push defense early on. 

The Ravens and @Alphadawg7 are now on the clock. Unfortunately, Zay Jones isn’t available 🤣😂🤣🤪

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball's current mock draft:

17.  Los Angeles Chargers: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia

The Chargers could stand to upgrade their run defense, which Davis would do instantly. He would be an asset to plug the line, eat up blockers, and let the linebackers run free. In the pass rush, Davis could help absorb blockers to create more one-on-one opportunities for Jerry Tillery.

Some league sources are extremely high on Davis, but I also know some area scouts who were not projecting him to the first round if he had entered the 2021 NFL Draft and have some concerns that he might be a one-trick pony for the NFL. The 6-foot-6, 340-pound Davis is a mountain of a man with unique speed and athleticism. Team sources compare him to Albert Haynesworth and John Henderson.

Davis had an excellent game against Clemson to open 2021. He was a beast at the point of attack and led the Bulldogs' tremendous run defense against the Tigers.

Davis notched three tackles and a sack, but the numbers don't illustrate how big of a force he was for Georgia. He recorded 30 tackles and two sacks in 2021. In 2020, Davis collected 16 tackles and one sack. He had 2.5 sacks and 18 tackles as a sophomore after recording 25 tackles and 1.5 sacks during his freshman season.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2022charlie_1.php

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Ravens (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 13th pick in the TSW mock draft 2.0, the Houston Texans select Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU. 

I have to be honest, I think Stingley might be the best player in the draft. He shut down the SEC as a true freshmen, then people just stopped throwing his way. The Lisfranc injury is concerning for a corner, but from all accounts he looked good at his pro day. He ran a 4.37 and jumped 38.5 on the vert. He is a technician, and if heathy, will be a top 5 corner right off the bat. With pick #3, I considered Walker, Gardner, Stingley, so I am surprised and ecstatic that he is here. Had a nice trade down opportunity but I had to stay put in this scenario. Imo, the Texans need to rebuild their defense with an edge player and a corner and I think Lovie Smith is going to push defense early on. 

The Ravens and @Alphadawg7 are now on the clock. Unfortunately, Zay Jones isn’t available 🤣😂🤣🤪

Just to add, I think Stingley is better than Gardner. Like a lot better. But the question/red flag is health. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Virgil, if I understand the 3 hour rule and the current late time, given the Chargers want to trade down, I will be making my draft pick tomorrow hoping for that offer you can't refuse trade offer.

I would recommend making a feeler offer in advance.  That gets around the 1 hour rule.  That way, when the pick is up, he can message you back to confirm your interest. 

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I would recommend making a feeler offer in advance.  That gets around the 1 hour rule.  That way, when the pick is up, he can message you back to confirm your interest. 

OK.

That eliminates the Bills being a trade partner because the Bills have no GM.

I was attempting a feeler offer in advance to the whole polling board here.

Obviously, the Chargers are open for business.

2 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

OK.

That eliminates the Bills being a trade partner because the Bills have no GM.

I was attempting a feeler offer in advance to the whole polling board here.

Obviously, the Chargers are open for business.

It’s tough because I would do it for the Bills, but the mock is for all members.  

Just now, Virgil said:

It’s tough because I would do it for the Bills, but the mock is for all members.  

Tru dat.

Then there will be those here who wouldn't dream of trading the Bill's "Defence QB".  Not sure what Edmunds they are watching but I respect their opinion even if I don't agree with it.

If I am the Bills, I make that trade if Jordan Davis is still on the board and then I draft a MLB in the 2nd round.

No more decision to extend Edmunds.

Star is replaced.

I see it as a win-win.

• Disagree 1

I think the Bills trade up if Stingley or Gardner fall into the 12-15 range. That’s it imo. I don’t think they trade up for anyone else. Maybe a mini trade up for a next tier corner in the 22 area. That’s JMO. 

I don’t they would trade up for Jordan Davis, but if he’s there at 25 I think they take him. 

To me, the most likely scenario for the Bills is to stay at 25. Maybe trade down a bit but not out of the round. Then use picks to trade up to get multiple 2s or 3s. Like the year the traded up in the third and got Singletary and Knox. Or the time the traded up in the 2nd to get Dion and Zay Jones. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the 14th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:  Jordan Davis, DT Georgia

Lots of good options here at 14, considered help at tackle, OLB, and Edge.  But ultimately the value of Davis here and putting him on our DL with Calais Campbell was too good to pass up.  We already know he is a run stuffing mountain who eats space and blockers. But we also believe with his athletic gifts we can add some finesse moves to go with his bill rush to make him a disruptor for us moving forward from the middle.  

On the clock are @H2o and the Eagles.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think the Bills trade up if Stingley or Gardner fall into the 12-15 range. That’s it imo. I don’t think they trade up for anyone else. Maybe a mini trade up for a next tier corner in the 22 area. That’s JMO. 

I don’t they would trade up for Jordan Davis, but if he’s there at 25 I think they take him. 

To me, the most likely scenario for the Bills is to stay at 25. Maybe trade down a bit but not out of the round. Then use picks to trade up to get multiple 2s or 3s. Like the year the traded up in the third and got Singletary and Knox. Or the time the traded up in the 2nd to get Dion and Zay Jones. 

I like this logic, but wouldn’t it be mo bettah to trade down with one of the squads at the beginning of Rd. 2?…seeing as how those teams are likely much less of a threat to us this year?

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (H2o) are on the clock
20 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

I like this logic, but wouldn’t it be mo bettah to trade down with one of the squads at the beginning of Rd. 2?…seeing as how those teams are likely much less of a threat to us this year?

I don’t think teams think that way in the draft. I think they stay mostly self centered, and stick to their board, and if a trade is beneficial to us, then you do it. I don’t think you concern yourself with who is on the other line, imo. I think they stay in the first for the 5th year option, but I could see a scenario where they trade out to the 2nd. I am hoping a team like Detroit might want to move up for a QB. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don’t think teams think that way in the draft. I think they stay mostly self centered, and stick to their board, and if a trade is beneficial to us, then you do it. I don’t think you concern yourself with who is on the other line, imo. I think they stay in the first for the 5th year option, but I could see a scenario where they trade out to the 2nd. I am hoping a team like Detroit might want to move up for a QB. 

Hopefully some do want to move up to our spot, I like that scenario the best I think, with the exception of a do-what-it-takes trade up for Stingley….

Tre and Stingley together would be sick to watch week to week…we’d be blessed.

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Hopefully some do want to move up to our spot, I like that scenario the best I think, with the exception of a do-what-it-takes trade up for Stingley….

Tre and Stingley together would be sick to watch week to week…we’d be blessed.

I think we like Stingley a lot. Based on no information and facts, just gut. If he makes it to the teens I think you have to try to jump. I also think we like McDuffie. Just when I watch his game, he is doing everything we would ask him to do in our scheme and doing it at a high level. If he makes it to 20, I could see a little move there. Booth seems to fit as well, at least in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Tru dat.

Then there will be those here who wouldn't dream of trading the Bill's "Defence QB".  Not sure what Edmunds they are watching but I respect their opinion even if I don't agree with it.

If I am the Bills, I make that trade if Jordan Davis is still on the board and then I draft a MLB in the 2nd round.

No more decision to extend Edmunds.

Star is replaced.

I see it as a win-win.

If you were the Bills, you would trade up for Jordan Davis and then draft a MLB in rd 2?  

ultimate 🤮

really couldn’t be much worse.  Sorry

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Perhaps, and I’m sure either McDuffie or Booth would be a huge get,  but Tre and Stingley together = two special peas from the same damn pod… just an overwhelmingly potent force, especially with our two A#1 veteran safeties, that’s a dream secondary.

Yeah, and Cheryl Tiegs is gonna’ come over every week to sit on my lap during the games, too..

Edited by Rhode Island Red

21 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Perhaps, and I’m sure either McDuffie or Booth would be a huge get,  but Tre and Stingley together = two special peas from the same damn pod… just an overwhelmingly potent force, especially with our two A#1 veteran safeties, that’s a dream secondary.

Yeah, and Cheryl Tiegs is gonna’ come over every week to sit on my lap during the games, too..

Well she is 74 years old now. So if there was ever a chance, it’s probably now! 😆😆

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Cheryl Tiegs is 74. It’s not totally outside the realm of possibility.

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Well she is 74 years old now. So if there was ever a chance, it’s probably now! 😆😆

lol jinx. great minds think alike

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.