TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Giants (wppete) are on the clock

With the seventh pick of the TSW NFL Draft 2.0, the NY Giants select Evan Neal, OT - Alabama. 

The Giants had the worst offensive line last year and need to fix this for the long term. Evan Neal is a proven player for Alabama, a monster of a player with a nasty streak. Dabol will love this pick and need to protect Daniel Jones. Has to evaluate what he has at QB an a solid Oline is needed for this.

The Falcons and @CNYfan is on the clock.

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wppete said:

With the seventh pick of the TSW NFL Draft 2.0, the NY Giants select Evan Neal, OT - Alabama. 

The Giants had the worst offensive line last year and need to fix this for the long term. Evan Neal is a proven player for Alabama, a monster of a player with a nasty streak. Dabol will love this pick and need to protect Daniel Jones. Has to evaluate what he has at QB an a solid Oline is needed for this.

The Falcons and @CNY Bills Fan is on the clock. @Virgil

Good picks. If the Giants keep their picks they are either going Sauce if there at #5 and one of the OTs at #7 as you have, or if Sauce has gone they will go OT at #5 and Stingley at #7. 

They are trying to get out of one of those picks if they can entice someone to come up but if they keep them that is the plan.

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Falcons (CNYFan) are on the clock
32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good picks. If the Giants keep their picks they are either going Sauce if there at #5 and one of the OTs at #7 as you have, or if Sauce has gone they will go OT at #5 and Stingley at #7. 

They are trying to get out of one of those picks if they can entice someone to come up but if they keep them that is the plan.

Yeah I think it makes sense sauce if there at #5. I had Neal as my second OT behind Ekwonu but honestly I think the giants will be happy with either one of them. These picks would be a great start for Dabol in New York… Wishing them the best and hope we beat the snot out of them in the Super Bowl. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I have no objection to some teams taking Gardner over him.  I have Thibodeaux rated higher but not by very much.  

There’s a BIG difference between taking Gardner over Thibodeaux and him falling to 10-15 like the poster I quoted had suggested.  

All potential smokescreen imo.  Anything said by any NFL FO from March til the draft could be put out there in order with hopes that it could help a player to slide to them.  

I think the absolute floor for Thibodeaux is #10 to the Jets.  They don't mind guys with red flags and his talent doesn't let him fall any further than that imo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

I think the absolute floor for Thibodeaux is #10 to the Jets.  They don't mind guys with red flags and his talent doesn't let him fall any further than that imo.

If they don't go Quarterback he would be a fit for Atlanta at #8. Has Dean Pees edge rusher written all over him.

• Agree 3

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If they don't go Quarterback he would be a fit for Atlanta at #8. Has Dean Pees edge rusher written all over him.

I might be crazy but I think they role with Mariotta as their starter.  It's a reset year and there is familiarity with the HC.  Mariotta had some time to sit and learn which is always beneficial.  If he sucks, great they can get a new qb this year without wasting a valuable year of a rookie qb contract, if he is good/great (and can stay healthy most importantly) they have their qb locked up.

Besides it being a lackluster year for qbs I think there aren't many teams that really need one right now. For Detroit, Houston, and Falcons, it would not surprise me to see them pass on this batch of qbs.  All have a guy they can believe in somewhat as well as being in a great spot to punt that qb contract one more year as referenced above.

Carolina, Seattle, and Pitt are the most likely to take a round 1 qb imo.  I think Mayfield goes to Carolina during the draft and they look to trade back from 6 to get more capital,  I could see Seattle packaging 40 and 41 to move back into the end of round 1 for their qb, and I could see Pitt riding with Trubisky (although I think they are grabbing a qb if I am being perfectly honest) 

Saints are a wild card.  That trade makes more sense if they are targeting another move up for a qb but Winston played well before injury so I can see both sides of it.

So all that says I could see 2 maybe 3 teams needing a qb with none of them having to reach.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the first qb off the board as late as 20.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I might be crazy but I think they role with Mariotta as their starter.  It's a reset year and there is familiarity with the HC.  Mariotta had some time to sit and learn which is always beneficial.  If he sucks, great they can get a new qb this year without wasting a valuable year of a rookie qb contract, if he is good/great (and can stay healthy most importantly) they have their qb locked up.

Besides it being a lackluster year for qbs I think there aren't many teams that really need one right now. For Detroit, Houston, and Falcons, it would not surprise me to see them pass on this batch of qbs.  All have a guy they can believe in somewhat as well as being in a great spot to punt that qb contract one more year as referenced above.

Carolina, Seattle, and Pitt are the most likely to take a round 1 qb imo.  I think Mayfield goes to Carolina during the draft and they look to trade back from 6 to get more capital,  I could see Seattle packaging 40 and 41 to move back into the end of round 1 for their qb, and I could see Pitt riding with Trubisky (although I think they are grabbing a qb if I am being perfectly honest) 

Saints are a wild card.  That trade makes more sense if they are targeting another move up for a qb but Winston played well before injury so I can see both sides of it.

So all that says I could see 2 maybe 3 teams needing a qb with none of them having to reach.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the first qb off the board as late as 20.

Carolina are not going QB. I am absolutely convinced about that. They will take an offensive tackle and then trade for Mayfield or Jimmy G. Personally I think Detroit could well take Willis. If they don't then there is no lock to go in the top 10. Pittsburgh and New Orelans are the next most likely QB teams IMO. The Steelers have been there in force at all the pro days. If they have a way to get a guy they like (including trading up) I can see it. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Carolina are not going QB. I am absolutely convinced about that. They will take an offensive tackle and then trade for Mayfield or Jimmy G. Personally I think Detroit could well take Willis. If they don't then there is no lock to go in the top 10. Pittsburgh and New Orelans are the next most likely QB teams IMO. The Steelers have been there in force at all the pro days. If they have a way to get a guy they like (including trading up) I can see it. 

Yeah I think Carolina ends up with Mayfield, nobody ends up with Jimmy G and he stays on the niners, but I will be shocked if Det takes Willis.

I'm with you about Pitt.  Pitt is the only team I am convinced will be drafting a qb which is why I put the floor of the first qb at 20.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.