TBD Crime Scene Investigation Unit Assemble - *Update* Cowboys CB Passenger In Drive By Shooting

Jauronimo

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/04/15/footage-released-allegedly-showing-cowboys-cb-kelvin-joseph-fighting-man-who-was-shot-killed-video/

Dallas police want to interview the Dallas Cowboys cornerback in connection with a murder last month. Joseph is said to be involved in a disturbance where people were fighting outside a bar with a group that included 20-year-old Cameron Ray.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

if this is a tip of the cap to the Haskins thread, A+ lolllllllllllll

Joseph goes by rapper name "YKDV bossman".... video clearly shows a crazy diamond encrusted YKDV chain on him lol this dude is donezoooooo

Edited by BillsShredder83

22 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Joseph, who also goes by the rapper pseudonym “YKDV Bossman Fat. My guy just stick to football please

Thankfully he was kind enough to wear his chain with the letters "YKDV". Probably helped narrow the group down a bit. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/14/report-kelvin-joseph-a-person-of-interest-in-dallas-murder-investigation/

Per this report he admitted to being at the scene to the Cowboys, but was not involved in the shooting. In any event if one of his group did the shooting and he said nothing .. I am no lawyer, but I believe that makes him an accessory after the fact. I suppose it is "possible" that after the fight someone else randomly drove down the same street and took a pot shot at those guys for no apparent reason .. but that is a little too much coincidence for me.

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

This guy would've been our 2nd round pick if he'd gotten anywhere near us. Pretty crazy...

He had character issues coming out of college to the point that people questioned whether we even had him on our draft board. It is not a safe assumption that he would have been our 2nd round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He had character issues coming out of college to the point that people questioned whether we even had him on our draft board. It is not a safe assumption that he would have been our 2nd round pick.

Agree to disagree. Beane flat out said we wanted a CB in the 2nd but the one we wanted went too early. There were only 3 CBs drafted between our 1st and 2nd picks (one of them was Campbell, who went immediately after we took Groot) so it's literally either him or Asante Samuel Jr. Of the two, Joseph is a way better fit for how we like to draft, so that's where I'm coming from...

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

if this is a tip of the cap to the Haskins thread, A+ lolllllllllllll

This is a tip of the hat to many similar threads where the TBD crime lab has dissected videos, contemplated charges, and traveled around in a van solving mysteries.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Agree to disagree. Beane flat out said we wanted a CB in the 2nd but the one we wanted went too early. There were only 3 CBs drafted between our 1st and 2nd picks (one of them was Campbell, who went immediately after we took Groot) so it's literally either him or Asante Samuel Jr. Of the two, Joseph is a way better fit for how we like to draft, so that's where I'm coming from...

Dodged a bullet. :ph34r:

Further proof he shouldn't draft a CB early.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Good analysis!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33745927/dallas-cowboys-kelvin-joseph-was-suspect-vehicle-murder-investigation-shoot-attorney-says

"Kelvin Joseph did not shoot Cameron Ray," Sorrels told The Dallas Morning News. "Mr. Ray's death is a tragedy, and Kelvin extends his deepest condolences for the family's loss. On the night of March 17, Kelvin was unarmed and was not looking for violence. He found himself in a situation that escalated without his knowledge or consent. Along with condolences to the Ray family, Kelvin apologizes to the Dallas community for being anywhere near this type of incident. The investigation is ongoing, and we intend to respect the process."

Well that's completely understandable.  I can't tell you how many times I was just an unwitting passenger in a car that was committing a drive by shooting, to my surprise.  Coulda happened to anyone really...

I don't see how he doesn't catch a suspension or a lengthy sit on Goodell's Exempt list.  I will save the legal analysis for TBD's Law & Order fan club.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.