Fun fact of the day, Josh Allen has won the AFC East 2 times since he entered the NFL, the Jets have also won the AFC East 2 times since they entered the NFL

Batman1876

6 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

The jests have only won twice since they entered the NFL, they also won 2 times in the AFL. 

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Fair enough.

Either way — two or four — it’s pretty pathetic in 50+ years of existence.

My goodness. What a horrible team to be a fan of. And to think their best QB in franchise history threw more INT's than TD's and lost more games than he won.

Things can be exclusive.  Yes, it's kinda sad that the only team to go to four straight Super Bowls didn't win one.  This thread is about the Jets winning the AFC East only twice.  You wanna say something low, like 8 or 10, and I'd be surprised and say "Huh?  Wow.", but two?  I'm not bagging on the Jets, I'm just...stunned.

Now I'm curious if any other team has won their division less in that span.

Or, let's put it another way.  From 1960 to 2021, the Jets won the East four times (1968, 1969, 1998 and 2002).  From 1960 to 1980 the Bills won the East four times (1964, 1965, 1966 and 1980).  The Jets front-office just can't seem to build a dominant team, even over the span of decades.  Yes, things ebb and flow, teams rise and fall.  Miami was dominant, Buffalo became a powerhouse, NE established their dynasty, Buffalo appears to be staking claim on the division now...but the Jets can't seem to reach the top.  Is it the ownership?

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The Jests were called the Titans from 1960-1962.

The team had little success in its early years. After playing three seasons at the Polo Grounds, the team changed its name to the New York Jets under AFL's Protective services agreement.

Yes am aware of all that about Jets and Titans.  What screwed me up was thinking Tenn Titans were originally the Houston Oilers and they were in the AFL East division.  Thought they won the east in 1967.  Recall the Jets starting the year off hot, like 5-0, then fell apart and Oilers won the east.  Actually just checked, they did win the east lost to the Raiders in championship game who then went on to lose to the Packers in SB II

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Someone doesn't know how to play the thread game. Take the stick out of your ass. Some people just shouldn't be on the internet... like you.

Yes but you need a brain to start and maker some sense with which you may be lacking.  What are you 12? At least then you have an excuse!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

My goodness. What a horrible team to be a fan of. And to think their best QB in franchise history threw more INT's than TD's and lost more games than he won.

It was also a different game and he played a deep ball game... High risk, high reward 

Anyone who saw Namath throw a football knew it was something special.. the way the ball left his hand was very rare and he could drop it out of the sky

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yes am aware of all that about Jets and Titans.  What screwed me up was thinking Tenn Titans were originally the Houston Oilers and they were in the AFL East division.  Thought they won the east in 1967.  Recall the Jets starting the year off hot, like 5-0, then fell apart and Oilers won the east.  Actually just checked, they did win the east lost to the Raiders in championship game who then went on to lose to the Packers in SB II

Yes but you need a brain to start and maker some sense with which you may be lacking.  What are you 12? At least then you have an excuse!

This thread obviously went over your head. 

• Vomit 1

16 hours ago, Logic said:

It is not real.

The Jets have won the East four times.

The Bills have won the East 12 times.

We’re both lagging behind the Dolphins and Patriots.

Yeah, about to say that.

Four is NOT a lot, but it's not two.

68, 69 (both as the Jets, not the Titans or Oilers), 98 and 02. That 02 team looked like it might be the first of many till Pennington had those shoulder injuries.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, about to say that.

68, 69 (both as the Jets, not the Titans or Oilers), 98 and 02. That 02 team looked like it might be the first of many till Pennington had those shoulder injuries.

When was the AFL-NFL merger?

Jets are improving, so be careful how cavalier you are dunking on them.   If Zach Wilson turns out to be decent, they could be a problem along with Pats and Phins.  

Bills fans getting their heads out in front of their headlights again.   No surprise there.   After 20 years of crap, some gloating certainly justified. 

Everything is looking good;  Let's just go play the games and see if the Bills gold plated roster stays healthy and on the field long enough to win something. 

Winning the offseason is for losers.  

Go Bills 

20 hours ago, TBBills said:

Josh Allen owns the Dolphins, something Brady can never say.

Brady is 24-12 v. Dolphins. 

5 minutes ago, chris heff said:

1970, I looked it up, I would have guessed 1071, but the Google says 1970

Google is correct.

You might have been thinking of The Battle of Castle, wherein Robert I ("the Frisian") defeated his sister-in-law Richilde (widow of Baldwin VI) and her nephew Arnulf III for the County of Flanders.  Ultimately, Robert is appointed Count by King Philip I (The Amorous).

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Google is correct.

You might have been thinking of The Battle of Castle, wherein Robert I ("the Frisian") defeated his sister-in-law Richilde (widow of Baldwin VI) and her nephew Arnulf III for the County of Flanders.  Ultimately, Robert is appointed Count by King Philip I (The Amorous).

Yes that’s what I was thinking of.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, about to say that.

I think OP meant NFL and was not AFL pre-merger.

Outside of Buffalo, the Jets are known for Namath and winning a SB and the Bills for losing four SB's. 

All that changes this year!!!

15 hours ago, The Red King said:

Or, let's put it another way.  From 1960 to 2021, the Jets won the East four times (1968, 1969, 1998 and 2002).  From 1960 to 1980 the Bills won the East four times (1964, 1965, 1966 and 1980).  The Jets front-office just can't seem to build a dominant team, even over the span of decades.  Yes, things ebb and flow, teams rise and fall.  Miami was dominant, Buffalo became a powerhouse, NE established their dynasty, Buffalo appears to be staking claim on the division now...but the Jets can't seem to reach the top.  Is it the ownership?

I didn't know the top was winning a division.  I thought the top was winning the SB. Jets 1. Bills 0.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Google is correct.

You know the crazy thing about this is it is only five years removed from the Battle of Hastings. Without the Norman influence on the history of Great Britain, the United States may not even exist. Thus no merger.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There was a merger?

Yes, Sprint merged with T-Mobile.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.