Gilmore to colts… Bills WERE interested

BillsMafi$

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Please. The guy's had a sensational career.

We can agree to disagree. For me he is the definition of play for pay. Which is fine, I get it. He doesn’t strike me as a guy with a bunch of heart or a team first mentality. I do think you can look out for your financial interests while also giving max effort and being a good teammate. 
To my point, has Gilmore ever been a team captain anywhere? I couldn’t find that info after just searching. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Dislike 1

23 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

He's not worth that to the Bills, but might be to the Colts. He was far from washed up last season, but I see why the Bills wouldn't want to commit those dollars to him. The search for the fan-approved CB2 continues.....

Beane would have been offering one of his single year prove it deals.

Edited by Beerball
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We can agree to disagree. For me he is the definition of play for pay. Which is fine, I get it. He doesn’t strike me as a guy with a bunch of heart or a team first mentality. I do think you can look out for your financial interests while also giving max effort and being a good teammate. 
To my point, has Gilmore ever been a team captain anywhere? I couldn’t find that info after just searching. 

How do you know he is or isn't a team first guy? 

Tredavious White is best player on defense and he is not a captain. 

How many corners are captains? 

8 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I don’t know that the Bills are as desperate for a CB as some might believe. In the 8 games since Tre White was injured, the Bills went 5-3. One of the losses was the wind bowl against the Patriots where pass defense didn’t factor into it. The other 2 were OT losses against Brady and Mahomes- winners of previous 2 Super Bowls. 
If the Bills think Tre can return to full form sooner than later, and with an improved front 4 pressuring QBs, they might be more open to receiving threats or run defense support with first round pick. 

I've been saying something similar.   I would guess that McDermott is more comfortable about the defensive backfield than most of us are. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

obviously Indy thought he’s still good.

It's more than just that.

Colts owner Jim Irsay looks to me like he's been on tilt since the two game, season-ending swoon which cost his team a playoff berth.

Some recent quotes:

"Colts Nation, don't you worry ... We're gonna get The Horseshoe at least two Lombardis this decade. As sure as the sun rises and the seasons change, it's coming! Don't you ever doubt that, ever! You will see greatness! Believe and you will see."

“Here in the desert now. And feeling the pain and disappointment from this season. It certainly is something where I apologize for. And we have allowed, and I have allowed, doubt, fear, and a lack of faith to slip into our DNA. And it will not stand.”

“Every walking step in this offseason is committed to getting the horseshoe back to where it should be,” Irsay added. “We understand what happens and I understand what happens, and it’s unacceptable. I promise you one thing. Anyone walking into the 56th Street complex this year will be walking in with all chips in. Period. If you don’t want to put all your chips in on the table for winning the next one, then don’t walk in the building.”

“This commitment starts with me,” Irsay concluded. “It starts with my self-analysis. And I can tell all of Colts nation this is something that every day, every hour, every minute we’re working to fix. It’s unacceptable, and it will not stand. Thank you.”

Irsay has a "win at all costs" attitude which is not a bad thing for an NFL owner. The problem is that he has a "win at all costs today" attitude which is not conducive to good team building. It almost seems like he's stuck in the mindset of believing the Colts are just one good player away. They're not.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You mean the guy that promptly agreed to a restructure don’t put Bates and Gilmore in the same group bates wants to be here

a restructure didn't cost Bates any money

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

They all chase $.  He was not worth &23 mil., but obviously Indy thought he’s still good.

Yes they do....they have short careers and try to maximize earnings while they can

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You mean the guy that promptly agreed to a restructure don’t put Bates and Gilmore in the same group bates wants to be here

Bates was out for the money. That's why he signed the bears contract. Glad he's back, but he was more than happy to play for the bears and more money. Players trying to maximize their money potential. They are in the same group. 

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think the bills just do their homework on everyone…we seem to show up in these ‘interested in…’ articles all the time.  We were not signing Gilmore for that kind of money 

According to Rapoport (I think?), the Bills are always the "mystery team."  If they're being named, it's because they want people to know and are doing it to drive up the price.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You read this somewhere?  Can you provide the link?

Yes, I did. He responded positively to a tweet from a bears fan congratulating him for making good $ for his family when he signed. I didn't save it. Not that important. You don't have to believe it or you can look for it. Question: Do you really need a link to believe he was looking out for his family as an undrafted FA?!?  Rhetorical question, no need to answer. I can guess your answer. Hint: You're a Bills fan, he's a football player making a living beating up his body. "Yeah, I'll take the hometown discount"🤣🤣🤣. If he wasn't out for the money, he would have signed the original tender we offered. Get a clue.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He still has to agree to it

it's not a big decision to make for the player. This happens all the time. It helps the team and doesn't hurt the player

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

Bates was out for the money. That's why he signed the bears contract. Glad he's back, but he was more than happy to play for the bears and more money. Players trying to maximize their money potential. They are in the same group. 

They're all out for money. Why is that hard to understand? Don't we look for better jobs with more money if available?

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Yes, I did. He responded positively to a tweet from a bears fan congratulating him for making good $ for his family when he signed. I didn't save it. Not that important. You don't have to believe it or you can look for it. Question: Do you really need a link to believe he was looking out for his family as an undrafted FA?!?  Rhetorical question, no need to answer. I can guess your answer. Hint: You're a Bills fan, he's a football player making a living beating up his body. "Yeah, I'll take the hometown discount"🤣🤣🤣. If he wasn't out for the money, he would have signed the original tender we offered. Get a clue.

You made a outright statement that Bates is out of money.....for all anyone knows he has been good with his money.   If you want to say something have ***** common sense to back it up with some kind of proof.

You made the statement.....not me

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You made a outright statement that Bates is out of money.....for all anyone knows he has been good with his money.   If you want to say something have ***** common sense to back it up with some kind of proof.

You made the statement.....not me

First off, Happy Easter.🙏

You asked if I read it somewhere, I said yes. I felt no need to save the tweet. Bates agreed with the tweet. I stand by my statement. He was looking for the money. Back it up?!? I don't give a 💩if you believe me!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.