Gilmore to colts… Bills WERE interested

BillsMafi$

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Too much coin for a CB2 but colts needed a CB1

He's not worth that to the Bills, but might be to the Colts. He was far from washed up last season, but I see why the Bills wouldn't want to commit those dollars to him. The search for the fan-approved CB2 continues.....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Gilmore to colts… Bills WERE interested
3 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Haden still out there, could be our guy + 1st or 2nd rounder and CB would be in great shape.

Prefer Haden actually. Not saying Gilmore can’t play, I just think he’s cheaper and a better fit for our needs at this time. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

According to Josina Anderson, yes

it's ridiculous....you can say any team is interested in any player...doesn't mean anything....as long as you say "per source" I guess it's legit

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Color me surprised that Gilmore took $11M per year over $3M and “a chance to be the best version of himself”.

wouldn't you? That's a big difference in money

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Color me surprised that Gilmore took $11M per year over $3M and “a chance to be the best version of himself”.

Color me surprised that he was a pro bowler last year...

He played 8 games!  And started 3.  He played 28 percent of snaps!! 

Honestly its probably worse than Allen getting snubbed.  And don't quote me his PFF, he could be deion sanders but it doesn't matter if he barely played.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Makes me laugh!

First, I'm surprised Gilmore got that much.   I don't think Gilmore ever actually did become the best version of himself; he's dependable only so long as his team asks him to play exactly as he wants to play.  Excellent talent, but not a game changer. 

Second, if that's the market, then people should stop expecting to see the Bills sign a recognizable name.  I could be wrong, and I  often am, but I don't see the Bills spending anything like that for a guy to play #2 corner who's had success in the league.  If their philosophy is "we're going all in on 2022," maybe, but I don't think that's the philosophy, at least not to that extent.   

As I said a few days ago, I think McDermott is more comfortable with Johnson, Neal, Jackson than people realize.  I think he's telling Beane to find a couple of fundamentally solid football players, good athletes who are committed to competing and excelling, and he's good to go.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

it's ridiculous....you can say any team is interested in any player...doesn't mean anything....as long as you say "per source" I guess it's legit

Why would you doubt it?

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know what to make of the Bills interest in Gilmore.

Beane will have a conversation on pretty much any/every available player. He's everywhere. I expect him to be "interested" in every FA CB right now.

And why wouldnt we be interested in bringing Gilmore back as a stop-gap if he could be signed for cheap?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.