Holy Crap there are a lot of Bills fans ex Buffalonians down in SW fla

North Buffalo

11 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Venice FL here.  See plenty of Bills fans.  Loving it.

My parents moved to Boca Grande back in the mid 90's and my wife, kids and I visit every spring.  Many years ago I walked into Sisters, a pizza/Italian restaurant, wearing a Bills hat and quickly found out the twin sisters who own the place are from Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

bills fans are everywhere down here from Tampa to Naples.  We seem to be the higher percentage of transplants than the east coast of Florida.

I'm originally from Buffalo, been a Bills fan since '59 (when they were admitted into the AFL as an original team), now live in Melbourne and I have the NFL package and watch every Sunday with my 2 sons. We are BIG Bills fans!!

• Like (+1) 4

The economic collapse in the 1970s and 1980s lead to a migration to other states for employment for many.   I have ran into many econ exiles in central Indiana.   Florida makes sense with retirees heading to warm climes to enjoy their last years.  

10 hours ago, popcornpam said:

My parents used to rent on Manasota Key near Englewood Florida just down from you! Half of Webster, New York down there where I’m from and also Myrtle Beach back in the day. 

Ha!

I grew up in Englewood,FL and graduated from the local high school there (Lemon Bay). 

we were at those beaches all year around and boating in ski alley. 

• Like (+1) 2

I grew up in swny (Cuba) and moved to Cape Coral in 78. I've never been to a Bills game in OP but I've been to 9 games down here. Miami 6 (3 on bus trips out of Buffalo Chips), 2 in Jacksonville and once in Tampa. 

My brother (from California) and I will be trying to get tickets to the home opener this year. Our cousin lives in Williamsville, should be a fun football family reunion! 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Cuz Miami is overrated and way overpriced 

So is Boca and the WPB area. 

Naples is a Palm Beach wannabe, that being said they are both pretentious. Boca is a bit of a has been, but that said the downtown area has gotten better. The rest of southern Palm Beach County is great. Delray Beach has one of the nicest beaches in Florida, downtown is fun and full of great restaurants. At its heart it is still a surf town. 

Miami Beach has big beautiful beaches a lot of night life. I’ve sailed the length of Biscayne Bay it is spectacular. “Price is an issue only in the absence of value”.

I run into Bills fans constantly, by the way the best owners in the NFL live in Boca Raton.

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

There is no Duffs or Bocce Pizza. Big Alligators on the Golf Course, Fire Ants & Hurricanes

-Hard Pass

image.png

Never been to either of those places, don’t golf, haven’t seen a Fire Ant in decades. In thirty years we have taken a direct hit from one hurricane, it caused some landscaping damage. There are a couple of days a year that I need a sweater. I walk the beach pretty much every morning. By all means stay where you are.

We are former snowbirds now residents in Florida.  We moved in 2019, and spend about 7 months in Fl.  Our community in Ft Myers has Bills parties for the games and mostly we use the Sunday ticket on Directv......but only for 2022 going forward, as Directv is losing the ST after that. We have watched games at a number of venues in the Fort  Myers areas , McPartlans on Summerlan had a big crew years ago watching the Bills but I hated the cow bells so me moved on.  Don't know if they still do that there.

17 hours ago, Augie said:

We moved to Sarasota in 1993. My parents came to visit a few months later. We went out to dinner Saturday night, and they ran into people they knew from Buffalo. We went to church Sunday morning, and they ran into people they used to work with. I took my dad to the Cabana Inn (a dump along the Trail for those familiar).....

I moved to Sarasota in 1997 and would watch the games with my wife at the Cabana Inn.  She stopped going when a rat ran across the bar top during a game.  That little rat got me the satellite dish I had been dreaming of for years.

• Haha (+1) 1

To the OP, you ain’t kidding!  just spent a week in Fort Myers.  So many people walking around in Bills hats, t-shirts, etc..  i hardly see any other teams.  amazing.  people have planted Bills flags all over the beach 

8 minutes ago, Brooks said:

I moved to Sarasota in 1997 and would watch the games with my wife at the Cabana Inn.  She stopped going when a rat ran across the bar top during a game.  That little rat got me the satellite dish I had been dreaming of for years.

Knowing the Cabana Inn, you didn’t have to get that little critter from a pet store! All hail the rat!

(Or your ingenuity, if that was the case….) 

That’s an expensive piece of dirt, and I’m not sure why that place was still standing the last time I was back. 

EDIT: Welcome! 

Edited by Augie

19 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I was in San Diego last week, saw lots of Bills fans.  "Go Bills!".  It's a thing.

There are more Bills fans in Southern California then you'd ever imagine. A ton of my friends were convinced we were playing the Rams in Feb.  San Diego has always had a large following down there. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Knowing the Cabana Inn, you didn’t have to get that little critter from a pet store! All hail the rat!

(Or your ingenuity, if that was the case….) 

That’s an expensive piece of dirt, and I’m not sure why that place was still standing the last time I was back. 

EDIT: Welcome! 

I think it's because it's a place too tough to die! 

20 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

So my wife and I are both in the medical field and decided to take our first vaca in 2 years down to Naples, Fort Meyers area.  We joined a boat club last year that is National and after going out one day for lunch we stopped on the harbor water in Bonita, 2 Tables plus ours were filled with Go Bills Buffalonians plus a waitress ... The guy who put us on the boat today was from Buffalo... Saw a white F150 today with a Bills plate around it... and many other folks wth... Guy at the Boat club says this area has the largest number of Bills fans outside of Buffalo... even my wife was impressed who is a New Yawker... who knew... shout out to SW Fla... Go Bills

I love Naples, that place is great. Hope you had a great vacation!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Since leaving Buffalo in ‘87 we have lived in Ohio, Albany, and Maryland so it is very nice to finally be in area with plenty of Bills fans.  Shout out to the North Port Bills Backers, a great group, one of several Bills Backers chapters in the local area, where every game during season up to 80 rabid Bills fans will be found supporting the team and the community in our own room at a local bar with great wings and even better staff.  This whole coast from Venice to Naples is definitely Bills fan friendly.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.