Bills have almost $10 million in cap space available

Rubes

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Probably have to knock off around a mil for Bobby Hart. Another around 3 for Draft Picks. And Beane won't want to go into the season at 0. But it's still a little more wiggle room than most had projected for us.

I believe the plan is still to Draft a long term cost controlled CB with a premium draft pick and then to sign the best vet CB that's desperate before Training Camp at a bargain one year deal. Maybe a Joe Haden or a Bryce Callahan type.

Not with top 51 rules. More like 50-100k

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

What would you do with it?

Hookers & Blow, just sayin,

If we were to sign Gilmore we could finish off this roster….we could build a Super Offense….

We could add a WR, a RB and an OG all quality picks…. Get another CB in the third round get the OG in the fourth…

Finish the draft off with a punter, and adding good depth to the defense….

No one could beat us! It’s right there! I wish he wasn’t holding out for the most Pennie’s possible…. (MPP)…..

I won’t be a happy camper if he signs with the colts…. They don’t need anymore help….

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

How many mid season signings do we ever do?  Like good players just fall from the heavens after week 9.  When does that ever happen?  LOL

A pretty fair amount. Not a lot of big names, but a fair amount. 

And why are you limiting it to after Week 9. There are 17 weeks to the season when we might have injuries or see opportunities.

And it's not like unspent money disappears. If you have some around, that doesn't mean you have to spend it. 

Fair enough that good players don't just fall from the heavens after week 9. There generally aren't that many around after June or July for that matter. A few final cuts from other teams, maybe but not a lot. But there are some who could fill needs that come up.

Depends on the draft.  Two holes remain CB2/3 (Wallace's spot) and WR2/3 (Sanders spot).  

We draft WR early - a T Burks/K Walker/T Anderson/IOL type.  Good sized money goes to CB- Bradberry/Haden/Fuller

We draft CB early = a Booth/Walker/T Anderson/IOL type.  Money goes to short term WR - a Julio Jones/W Fuller/E Sanders type and maybe a low priced vet CB on a short term contract (B Callahan/K King/Sherman type)

9 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Depends on the draft.  Two holes remain CB2/3 (Wallace's spot) and WR2/3 (Sanders spot).  

We draft WR early - a T Burks/K Walker/T Anderson/IOL type.  Good sized money goes to CB- Bradberry/Haden/Fuller

We draft CB early = a Booth/Walker/T Anderson/IOL type.  Money goes to short term WR - a Julio Jones/W Fuller/E Sanders type and maybe a low priced vet CB on a short term contract (B Callahan/K King/Sherman type)

I’d be surprised (if not shocked) if the Bills sign any additional FA WRs.  I think they’ll draft at least one, maybe two.

Amid all of the chatter I still think they go WR in the 1st round unless a “can’t miss” CB falls to 25.  They won’t trade up in the 1st.  After that, in the 2nd I see them taking one of the two stud RBs (Hall or Walker) if available, and they might trade up to do it.

I am not worried about CB.  I trust the coaching staff and this is also a deep draft for corners (from what I’ve read; I don’t scout).  I believe a vet CB signing is on the horizon following the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Logic said:

Seems like just yesterday we were sitting here saying “Bills have no cap space, how will they afford any free agents or to re-sign any players?”

There are a lot of fans that look at Sportrac but don't quite understand what they're looking at. We were certainly going to have a lot of space this year whether the fantasy football GMs knew it or not. There are more cuts coming as well.

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I see people saying $2-3 million and also people saying $5 million. But the Bills can clear that with a Poyer or Edmunds extension. 

Well, remember that the cap is only tied to the top 51 players. My guess is that only 2-3 draft picks would bump the lower-end guys on that top 51 list out of range. And then the added cap allocation would be the difference in 2022 salaries between those rookies and the guys who fell off the list. That is why the $2-3M estimate is probably closer to being correct.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.