Bills have almost $10 million in cap space available

Rubes

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

What would you do with it?

Obviously go nuts and blow it all...tomorrow.

Kidding, actually you want some for the draft picks, and a few more million in case a veteran player becomes available after the draft that you would want and can help your team.    Now is the team to have a few bullets in reserve.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, intimidatortj said:

Obviously go nuts and blow it all...tomorrow.

Kidding, actually you want some for the draft picks, and a few more million in case a veteran player becomes available after the draft that you would want and can help your team.    Now is the team to have a few bullets in reserve.

You don't have to worry about the money for draft picks b.c they will have June 1 cuts which will give them some more cap space. Rookies don't need to be signed until just before TC.

• Like (+1) 2

Probably have to knock off around a mil for Bobby Hart. Another around 3 for Draft Picks. And Beane won't want to go into the season at 0. But it's still a little more wiggle room than most had projected for us.

I believe the plan is still to Draft a long term cost controlled CB with a premium draft pick and then to sign the best vet CB that's desperate before Training Camp at a bargain one year deal. Maybe a Joe Haden or a Bryce Callahan type.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's a thought - set aside what is needed for draft picks and maybe a little bit for in-season moves.  Use the rest to sign a cornerback.

Truth be told, I doubt Beane is done and with other potential restructures, he'll find the necessary money for a CB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

If they have no one else to sign aside from draft picks, I'd love to see them try to move money around by frontloading cash and lower their cap number for future years.

No need, the unused cap space would roll over to next year.  I'd be surprised though if there was ultimately any significant cap space remaining when it's all said and done.  Need reserves for the draft picks plus at least $1mil for potential in-season signing due to injury or what not.  Also, the Bills will likely sign a veteran CB ahead of the draft just so it's not a glaring need (or at least as a smokescreen to make it appear not) and then maybe keep a few mil loose for potential post June 1 cuts and if nothing is there can always roll that space over to next year.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Here's a thought - set aside what is needed for draft picks and maybe a little bit for in-season moves.  Use the rest to sign a cornerback.

Truth be told, I doubt Beane is done and with other potential restructures, he'll find the necessary money for a CB.

As I’ve been saying, I fully expect a vet CB before the draft. Beane likes to go into he draft without any real holes in the roster. Nobody too expensive, but fairly serviceable. I don’t have any idea who that might be, but it’s how he goes into the draft. 

15 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Gonna need that extra $24.

That will get you a beer in the new stadium.  :)

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Some people forget draft picks and mid-season signings aren't free.

This is either a really poor attempt at sarcasm or you read literally none of the comments before yours…pretty much everyone has said you need money for draft picks and in season signings 🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.