Packers Signing Sammy Watkins To 1 Year Deal

H2o

6 hours ago, Malazan said:

I agree with you except nothing is ever "always". For example, I think the Bills should likely be trading up this year. I'd rather have 4 players who likely can make the roster over 8 players where maybe 2 of are likely to do it..

Likely story.

Edited by Richard Noggin

13 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I believe we had #9.  We traded up to get Watkins.  Evans went at 7 to the Bucs and I think that OBJ went at 12 to the Giants.  Aaron Donald went at 13 to the Rams.  If only....

image.thumb.png.53a9fd558efc0b4067455ff91dad8a43.png

Sorry about the small image size....

Probably wouldn’t have drafted any of those players anyways.

Most likely would have doubled down and re-drafted Torell Troup.

15 hours ago, Chas56 said:

Colleges should be embarrassed to graduate someone who communicates like that. It seems that no one, people or institutions, have any shame anymore.

I’d bet you 1 American Coca-Cola that you are smarter than your boss. 

I'll be honest --  after his rookie season (when he had Kyle Orton throwing him the ball), I thought we had something special. Then he battled nagging injuries the next couple of seasons, got traded to the Rams, received an inexplicably grandiose contract -- and (aside from a few shining moments with the Chiefs) has really been a disappointment ever since.

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

I initially thought you were talking about the dolphins and blasting on your boy Tua

Tua still has much to prove, but he is alredy 10x better than EJ was when Whaley saw fit to give away the store for a receiver (a move that most posters here applauded I might add). 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah.........but, of course,  the play was to just sit still and draft Aaron Donald.    And that really shouldn't have come down to hindsight.

That should be a lesson to all the people who are prioritizing need over BPA..........the best player at a need position can end up miles short of the BPA.   

Yea I am not going to re-write history. I wanted Mike Evans but obviously to get him would, ultimately, have meant a trade up. Had the Bills sat at #9 with Evans off the board I think Donald would have been my guy 'cos I was high on him and I was dead set against Ebron and Anthony Barr. It would have come down to Donald or Lewan for me. 

EDIT: and while of course you are right that Donald should have been the #1 pick that year when we look back, I think there is an argument Evans should have gone #2. I think he is a tad underrated. 8 years in the league, 6 of them with sub par Quarterbacks. 8 seasons of at least 1,000 yards. 4 of at least 12 TDs. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.