What is your favorite football related phrase?

I'm always amused by phrases that become popular on message boards out of no where, where one person says it and then its an avalanche of people saying it

A few years ago it was "setting the edge"..... it was a race to quote a poster with the follow-up question "but does he set the edge?"

"Draft capital" became popular....God forbid you make a post regarding the draft without using the phrase "draft capital" somewhere

This year my favorite popular term here has become "kick holder".... there's a 20+ page thread about whether a guy is a "kick holder" or not

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I'm always amused by phrases that become popular on message boards out of no where, where one person says it and then its an avalanche of people saying it

A few years ago it was "setting the edge"..... it was a race to quote a poster with the follow-up question "but does he set the edge?"

"Draft capital" became popular....God forbid you make a post regarding the draft without using the phrase "draft capital" somewhere

This year my favorite popular term here has become "kick holder".... there's a 20+ page thread about whether a guy is a "kick holder" or not

All good references! 

I have another for you that belongs in this category.

"Arm talent" for a QB.  10 years ago absolutely NO ONE was using that term.

Now everyone and his cousin throws this out there b/c it sounds sort of intelligent.

If he's a QB, and he's talented, he probably has arm talent.  Isn't this term redundant?

6 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

How about that "quick first step" ???

https://speakola.com/movie/al-pacino-any-given-sunday-1999

The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch.

It is just not the same feeling with metric substitution.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:09 PM, Rico said:

“Stats are for losers.”

- Bill Belichick

“They always say, ‘If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.’ So they’re trying hard,”

- Joe Montana

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.