[Please Change Title] I'm sorry but what a moron

Coldfronts

26 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He’s made a decision to get paid more for doing the same job, with a different company.  99% of you would do the same thing.  Let’s not forget the average NFL career is less than 4 years and is easily taken away by a freak injury.  I would rather he stayed a Bill, he’s a solid player, but I’m not mad at him for choosing to get paid. 

Just a side bar on this often referenced stat. The "less than 4 years" counts every single player to even get an invite to a camp. All the wash outs bring the average down.

When you remove the camp fodder guys, I believe it's more like 6+ years. Let me try to dig up an article...

Edit: Here's what I found with some quick googling...

• Players who make a team’s opening day roster in his rookie season average a six-year career.
  • A player on a team’s roster for at least three games in at least three seasons plays for an average of 7.1 years.
  • First-round draft picks have average careers of 9.3 years.
  • The average career length skyrockets to 11.7 years for a player who is chosen for or plays in a Pro Bowl at least once in his career.

Wallace falls into the first two bullets. But I absolutely agree with you that these guys should get as much money as possible, as quickly as possible, because it can all end just as quickly. Wallace may not get another contract after this one. So, good for Levi.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

:lol: They can have that burnt slice of Nature's Own. Pittsburgh fans will appreciate the 37 times he gives up one more yard than the offense needs on 3rd down per season allowing a 1st. 

Too edgy. Levi is a league average CB IMO. You want a great CB2, but most squads would be happy with him in that spot.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Trusting faith is being a moron? 🤦‍♂️ 

At a church I formerly went to, there was this young couple who started going. The wife had been battling cancer. She had not been feeling well, but the faith based church kept advising her to trust the lord. She was looking for some "sign". She was in the church office, and saw a package sitting on a desk that said "do not scan". She took that as her sign, and did not have a further scan. 

She died 6 months later.

2 hours ago, msw2112 said:

If this is all how it went down (and according to Wallace, it is), he made a poor decision.  He could have remained a starter on a Super Bowl contender, or go to a lesser team where he has not established himself.  Also, the Bills system is very favorable to DBs - I don't know if the Steelers system can say the same.  Finally, the Bills were the team that "gave him his shot" as a UDFA, so some guys are loyal in that way, although he also gave back to the team by playing well at a low salary.  From what I understand, the Steelers offer wasn't more than what he would have gotten from the Bills.

EDIT:  If the Steelers' offer was significantly larger than the Bills' then I'm fine with his decision.  More money is a legitimate reason to take one offer over another, particularly when you came in as a UDFA and are not making the big bucks that some of the other guys in the league are making.  (Based on the limited information I have seen, the Steelers' offer was not a game-changer and probably not more than he would have gotten from the Bills.)

I assume he also saw the writing on the wall in Buffalo. The Bills like Dane Jackson and are also highly likely to draft a CB early.

2 hours ago, Freak-O said:

Everyone knows the Lord communicates exclusively through underwear. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think he meant to write mormon 

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm starting to sense a theme, here. 🤔

Edited by transient

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

If this is all how it went down (and according to Wallace, it is), he made a poor decision.  He could have remained a starter on a Super Bowl contender, or go to a lesser team where he has not established himself.  Also, the Bills system is very favorable to DBs - I don't know if the Steelers system can say the same.  Finally, the Bills were the team that "gave him his shot" as a UDFA, so some guys are loyal in that way, although he also gave back to the team by playing well at a low salary.  From what I understand, the Steelers offer wasn't more than what he would have gotten from the Bills.

EDIT:  If the Steelers' offer was significantly larger than the Bills' then I'm fine with his decision.  More money is a legitimate reason to take one offer over another, particularly when you came in as a UDFA and are not making the big bucks that some of the other guys in the league are making.  (Based on the limited information I have seen, the Steelers' offer was not a game-changer and probably not more than he would have gotten from the Bills.)

i don’t know. If Mitch is even halfway decent over there, that Steelers team is also a super bowl contender. I can see why someone would weigh comparable offers, and pick Pittsburgh with that defense. 

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Just a side bar on this often referenced stat. The "less than 4 years" counts every single player to even get an invite to a camp. All the wash outs bring the average down.

When you remove the camp fodder guys, I believe it's more like 6+ years. Let me try to dig up an article...

Edit: Here's what I found with some quick googling...

• Players who make a team’s opening day roster in his rookie season average a six-year career.
  • A player on a team’s roster for at least three games in at least three seasons plays for an average of 7.1 years.
  • First-round draft picks have average careers of 9.3 years.
  • The average career length skyrockets to 11.7 years for a player who is chosen for or plays in a Pro Bowl at least once in his career.

Wallace falls into the first two bullets. But I absolutely agree with you that these guys should get as much money as possible, as quickly as possible, because it can all end just as quickly. Wallace may not get another contract after this one. So, good for Levi.

Take Brady out of the math and they are all day laborers.  

• Haha (+1) 1