[Please Change Title] I'm sorry but what a moron

Coldfronts

Wallace decided to leave the bills based on the color of his underwear.

"Honestly, I was on the fence of either staying with Buffalo or going to Pittsburgh. And ultimately, when my agent called, and he was like, ‘You should think about going to Pittsburgh.’ I said, ‘OK, I’ll call you back, let me pray about this.’ I prayed, and I said, ‘Lord, if you want me to go to Pittsburgh, let me know, give me a sign.’ Man, I’m just sitting there, just contemplating, and I looked down, and bro, I had black and gold shorts on,” Wallace said. “I was like, ‘Do you know what?’ There it is. There’s a sign. The Lord must want me to go to Pittsburgh. And I honestly just called my agent back and was like, ‘let’s go, let’s do it.’"

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

If this is all how it went down (and according to Wallace, it is), he made a poor decision.  He could have remained a starter on a Super Bowl contender, or go to a lesser team where he has not established himself.  Also, the Bills system is very favorable to DBs - I don't know if the Steelers system can say the same.  Finally, the Bills were the team that "gave him his shot" as a UDFA, so some guys are loyal in that way, although he also gave back to the team by playing well at a low salary.  From what I understand, the Steelers offer wasn't more than what he would have gotten from the Bills.

EDIT:  If the Steelers' offer was significantly larger than the Bills' then I'm fine with his decision.  More money is a legitimate reason to take one offer over another, particularly when you came in as a UDFA and are not making the big bucks that some of the other guys in the league are making.  (Based on the limited information I have seen, the Steelers' offer was not a game-changer and probably not more than he would have gotten from the Bills.)

Edited by msw2112

3 minutes ago, Coldfronts said:

Wallace decided to leave the bills based on the color of his underwear.

"Honestly, I was on the fence of either staying with Buffalo or going to Pittsburgh. And ultimately, when my agent called, and he was like, ‘You should think about going to Pittsburgh.’ I said, ‘OK, I’ll call you back, let me pray about this.’ I prayed, and I said, ‘Lord, if you want me to go to Pittsburgh, let me know, give me a sign.’ Man, I’m just sitting there, just contemplating, and I looked down, and bro, I had black and gold shorts on,” Wallace said. “I was like, ‘Do you know what?’ There it is. There’s a sign. The Lord must want me to go to Pittsburgh. And I honestly just called my agent back and was like, ‘let’s go, let’s do it.’"

Yeah and the dolphins fans are all excited to play us because of what Hill did to us in the playoffs but then give me a blank stare when I tell them the corner he did that to plays for Pittsburgh now and some with a straight face say to me don’t lie  that was tre white.

Just now, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Yeah and the dolphins fans are all excited to play us because of what Hill did to us in the playoffs but then give me a blank stare when I tell them the corner he did that to plays for Pittsburgh now and some with a straight face say to me don’t lie  that was tre white.

Kindly remind them that Mahomes is one of the best QB's in the game and that a 5 year old girl can throw a football farther then Tua.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This was already discussed. And he said shorts, right? Not underwear.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Neither is it worthy of two threads by the same OP.

The OP started the other one too? Man, this is really bothering him.

• Agree 2

This staff is very strong at coaching up the secondary. 

They get average play out of sub-average players, get above-average play out of JAG's and can unlock elite play in those who are truly gifted. 

However they replace Levi, we'll be fine. The only question is whether his play declines in Pitt. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

This staff is very strong at coaching up the secondary. 

They get average play out of sub-average players, get above-average play out of JAG's and can unlock elite play in those who are truly gifted. 

However they replace Levi, we'll be fine. The only question is whether his play declines in Pitt. 

But did you know that Coach McDermott and Coach Tomlin played college football together?  :)