Two Bills Drive "Draft Competition" - Prize is a Bills cap - Brian3488 is our winner!!!

BringBackFergy

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think it is unlikely, but I could see the general idea behind it.  The problem I have is if you are trading Poyer and Edmunds and getting back Bradberry - you now have you DB - so you are picking LB or Safety at 7 and that seems like a high pick for those positions.

I could see it for Hamilton more than a Off Ball LB, but it would fill needs and adjust holes.  I think the Giants want a first next year to go after QB - so there maybe some additional draft pick or player changes to help get the Giants a 1st next year that fills additional needs - maybe they use Toney as a 2nd player.  

That fills CB and WR - opens Safety and LB.  Use the 1st on safety and a 2nd or 3rd on LB - I don’t hate the idea - I just think in the win model of this year - I am hard pressed to see them losing that much leadership from the defense.

Yeah I agree. It's a bit like rearranging deck chairs. There is some depth at safety, but this trade allows you to go Hamilton or BPA in the first, then probably safety 2 and LB in the third or 4th. There is depth at those two positions safety, and linebacker imo. But I agree, it makes seem sense on some level, but again I would only trade up for Stingley, Gardner or Hamilton. I would trade up for a premier corner, and if you are getting Bradberry, you may not need a corner in that spot.  Maybe the Bills love a Jameson Williams or Drake London, but I just don't believe you make that move for a receiver. I could see London as if they really think he is Mike Evans lite. That is something that is really missing here, that contested catch big body. But I think the more likely scenario is a mini trade up if one of the top 4 corners or Hamilton is slipping. 

The rumors is they sat on their hands waiting for Eric Stokes to fall to them last year and he got taken 1 pick ahead, so I am not sure they allow that to happen again. 

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I wanted to trade him last year and draft Nick Bolton.  I like some of these LBers even more.  It would be extremely risky, but I think i’d trade him for Troy Anderson, Quay Walker, Christian Harris or Chad Muma right now.  I’d definitely trade him for Lloyd or Dean.  

just risky because this is supposed to be our year and turning over the reigns to a rookie MLB could backfire.  Risk vs reward, but i agree….i’d pull the trigger if I could get a 1st or 2nd.

This is 100% where I am with all this. I know it’s not because Beane doesn’t believe in this philosophy, but it really feels like super bowl or bust. Because of that I’d risk keeping him and letting him go next year for nothing. Or MAYBE a comp pick. But I am not a fan of him being the leader of this defense anymore. 

Lloyd

Beavers

Walker

Harris

Muma

Anderson scares me because of his inexperience. It’s big bust vs big reward imo. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I really like that idea as well. I’m fact ive made comments before about how I would run a completely different scheme on defense, using 3 safeties for a huge majority of the time. Because Hamilton is so good. Can do the job of a S, CB, or LB if needed. Id still draft a LB later because you can’t go into the season with just Milano at LB. but I really like that idea. Dax Hill could potentially play that role as well. Although nothing like Hamilton could. 

Not just, “just don’t overpay him” but I’m a believer that we should trade him while we can get something for him instead of letting him walk for nothing. At the same time I think there’s about 4-5 LB in this draft that would be instant upgrades over him. Might take a few games for a rookie to be comfortable and I wouldn’t want them calling the defense. I’m still a believer of having Poyer or Hyde doing it. There’s about 4 teams in the league where the S calls the defense. 

which teams are those?

1 hour ago, mrags said:

This is 100% where I am with all this. I know it’s not because Beane doesn’t believe in this philosophy, but it really feels like super bowl or bust. Because of that I’d risk keeping him and letting him go next year for nothing. Or MAYBE a comp pick. But I am not a fan of him being the leader of this defense anymore. 

Lloyd

Beavers

Walker

Harris

Muma

Anderson scares me because of his inexperience. It’s big bust vs big reward imo. 

💯 

Anderson scares me too….but his ceiling is incredible.  Plus we can use him as sour short yardage back! 😉 

3 hours ago, Magox said:

If the Bills are looking to potentially trade up, then this may be a good year to do it.

Demand for moving down is greater than moving up, theoretically that means those looking to move up should get better value than in years past.

Makes sense. I feel like this draft is low on blue chip talent and high in draftable talent. bad teams need more picks

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Thank you. Im sure it took a whole 13 seconds to google that. 

All good man. Its interesting actually, in terms of the approach each team takes in this. i thought the Ravens did since they have so many crazy fronts, but didn’t realize that there were that many teams doing it. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Todd Mcshay says he’s hearing Nakobe Dean could fall out of round 1.

So far I’m seeing almost everyone projected to go after pick 15 is going to fall out of the first round due to medical or other issues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.