Two Bills Drive "Draft Competition" - Prize is a Bills cap - Brian3488 is our winner!!!

BringBackFergy

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Had me up until there. Honestly I’m not so sure next years first is needed. The Giants would be getting the leader of their defense for the next 5+ years once they resign him. A 2xpro bowl starter That’s got tons of experience. (At least that’s how it reads). We get a starter at CB. We trade first rounders this year with a bunch of extra picks, and conditional picks involved. Maybe next years 2nd would be there. 

I also don’t think you need to move to 7 to get Lloyd either. Many mocks have him falling to late teens/early to mid 20s. But if you think this is the guy to run your defense and will be a game changer for the next 5+ years then you do it. At the same time grabbing a very good starting CB. 

then you can trade back up into the early 2nd and take Breece Hall 😉

If Beane traded up to #7 with a deal that included Edmunds, no way he’s doing it to draft a LB.

Kyle Hamilton, Ahmad Gardner or Derek Stingley would be my guess, with Hamilton being my best guess.  Hamilton’s a freak and a chess piece for whichever defense he plays on.

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

Devin Lloyd is not just an off the ball LB, he is also a pass rushing edge LB.

And a damn good one at that.  That dude should be rushing the passer often.

I see the talent I just don’t like that he’ll be 24 early in his rookie season. By comparison Luke Kuechley was in his 4th NFL season at 24 years old.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I see the talent I just don’t like that he’ll be 24 early in his rookie season. By comparison Luke Kuechley was in his 4th NFL season at 24 years old.

I think you can sacrifice some of the longevity with someone who looks like they can help you win now.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont want to do things that give up next year's 1st rounder.

Neither does Beane. 

If we recall our Beane draft history, in 2018 he managed to move up from 21 to 7 to draft Josh Allen - without giving up our 2019 first round pick.

He traded up from 22 to 16 for Tremaine Edmunds - again, without giving up a 2019 first round pick.

And of course we traded down and gained a 1st round pick in 2017 when we drafted Tre White

If you won't do it for your franchise QB, your franchise CB, or the LB you hope will anchor your defense, why would you do it now?

For whom?

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Edmunds is what 23/24....and into 4th season too right? Not sure how much difference it makes he's 24 in rookie year. 

I can’t believe we’re legitimately debating the merits of moving up to 7, and all that may entail, to take a MLB….

If I’m Josh Allen, and we’re trading away multiple premium picks for another shot at MLB, I’m pulling an Amber Heard on Beane’s bed. 

Devin Lloyd better be an absolute freak show at MLB if this happens. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I can’t believe we’re legitimately debating the merits of moving up to 7, and all that may entail, to take a MLB….

If I’m Josh Allen, and we’re trading away multiple premium picks for another shot at MLB, I’m pulling an Amber Heard on Beane’s bed. 

Devin Lloyd better be an absolute freak show at MLB if this happens. 

Lol yeah, I mean I don't know how many believe this, but I'm going out on a limb and say there's very slim chance Bills move to 7.  If they do move up I don't see it being more than 10 spots or so imo

23 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Edmunds is what 23/24....and into 4th season too right? Not sure how much difference it makes he's 24 in rookie year. 

Age is definitely a negative. I’m not sure how much that impacts Lloyd’s ranking on the Bills board. Every team will grade age differently. Edmunds being 20 was a positive but it didn’t mean much for his on field play. There’s been little growth from rookie season. At 24 the worry is how much better can he get?

I think I can see comparisons between Lloyd and Micah Parsons from a talent standpoint. That is going to get teams to fall in love.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

I keep coming back to Beane’s comments on Tyreek Hill and his speed.  

“if you see a guy like Hill out there, let me know.. I’d love to have him”

If we decide to trade up.. that guy Beane talked about is there in Jameson Williams.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.