Two Bills Drive "Draft Competition" - Prize is a Bills cap - Brian3488 is our winner!!!

BringBackFergy

11 minutes ago, Magox said:

It all boils down to what you believe Devin Lloyd could become.  If he is a game changing LB who can get after the QB, plays tough instinctive run stopping with a nose for the football to get some interceptions then it’s a no brainer.  So it would all boil down to the scouting team and if they believe he would be THAT guy.

Obviously, I haven’t seen him nearly as much of the scouts but from what I have seen of his highlights and stats and reports from other draft dudes, he seems to be that guy.

I would be more than ok with it.  But as you said, it may take more to get him.

Maybe the Bills wait a little longer and see if they can get him in the teens if they really do like him.

I don’t think he seems to be that guy.   In the last 4 years, Devin White, Devin Bush, Isaiah Simmons and roquon smith were always projected to go top 12.  Never saw those guys going in the 20s (except bush maybe a few times).  Parsons too, but character issues prevented that.  

maybe our FO sees him as that guy.  If they do, so be it.  I love the player and would be fired up to root for him.  I just don’t think it would be wise to trade all that capital for a MLB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Let’s assume the trade up to 7 happens

who might still be on the board that they covet?

Sauce

Stingley

Thibodeaux

Hamilton

Williams

Reasons why these players make sense

Sauce - Complete package

Stingley - LSU with Tre White. Extremely high ceiling

Thibodeaux - with Von Terrorize AFC QB
Hamilton - D Chess piece line up all over

Williams - Abomb for Allen

who would you like most?

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sauce

Stingley

Thibodeaux

Hamilton

Williams

Sauce - Complete package

who would you like most?

I'm on board with a trade up for ANY of those 5. Can't go wrong with any and all would totally elevate the unit they would join.

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sauce

Stingley

Thibodeaux

Hamilton

Williams

Sauce - Complete package

who would you like most?

Id be ok with any of them, sans Hamilton… just don’t view chess piece Safety as worth trading up to 7. 

1) Williams (I think he’s Tyreek Hill elite)

2) Thibodeaux (Pass Rush > Coverage)

3) Sauce/Stingley (Prefer Sauce, but both could be elite NFL corners)

FWIW, the more I think about it.. moving up to 7 makes a lot of sense if the trade compensation isn’t insane.  

Can’t see any combo of players we would draft at say 25, 89, Edmunds, late 1st or 2nd next year being more impactful than one of Williams, Thibodeaux, Sauce or Stingley over the next few years - especially if we assume we can’t pay Edmunds and draft his replacement anyway.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think he seems to be that guy.   In the last 4 years, Devin White, Devin Bush, Isaiah Simmons and roquon smith were always projected to go top 12.  Never saw those guys going in the 20s (except bush maybe a few times).  Parsons too, but character issues prevented that.  

maybe our FO sees him as that guy.  If they do, so be it.  I love the player and would be fired up to root for him.  I just don’t think it would be wise to trade all that capital for a MLB. 

I could see them trading up with the Giants and sending them Edmunds and the Bills also getting Bradberry in what would be a salary swap with upside for the Giants.

Maybe Schoen thinks Martindale could make much better use of Edmunds.

But I can't see the Bills trading their 2022 and 2023 #1's to move up to draft another off-ball LB..........that would be impossibly stupid.

Instead, if they trade Edmunds I can see them drafting a replacement in rounds 2-4 and then maybe bringing back AJ Klein cheap as veteran insurance.    

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Magox said:

I think a lot of people on this board truly don’t realize how good of a LB Devin Lloyd is.    We have been conditioned to look at CB’s, WR’s and IOL’s as that has been identified as our biggest need.

Devin Lloyd can do it all.  He’s fast, physical, great run stuffer and tackler, awesome against the pass and a phenomenal pass rusher.  

He had 111 tackles last year, 8 sacks and 4 interceptions.

Watch the highlights.   These sacks aren’t garbage sacks, the dude has legitimate pass rushing moves.

If the Bills can trade for their 7th pick and get Lloyd, not only would we get ourselves a game changing defensive player who has true MLB instincts and playmaking ability who can get after the QB, but with the trade of Edmunds you free up a lot of money to get more pieces.  The Giants could throw in Bradberry and now the Bills could still use their 2nd -4th picks to get quality value WR and CB.

I would be very ok with this move.   The team most definitely would be upgraded from the past year.

He looks much better than Edmunds in those highlights. He isn't playing the game like a robot, he is seeking out the ball and making plays.

But I would not trade up for an LB. The only positions I would trade up for in the 1st round are QB, WR, and pass rusher. If we want to trade Edmunds and draft Lloyd we should just hope he falls to us at 25 and get the Giants 2nd rounder in exchange for Edmunds.

If the Bills are indeed looking to trade up that far I would guess it's for Jameson Williams. I don't think he makes it out of the top 12. ACL tears are easy to come back from these days, I think it barely impacts his draft stock.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I could see them trading up with the Giants and sending them Edmunds and the Bills also getting Bradberry in what would be a salary swap with upside for the Giants.

Maybe Schoen thinks Martindale could make much better use of Edmunds.

But I can't see the Bills trading their 2022 and 2023 #1's to move up to draft another off-ball LB..........that would be impossibly stupid.

Instead, if they trade Edmunds I can see them drafting a replacement in rounds 2-4 and then maybe bringing back AJ Klein cheap as veteran insurance.    

💯 

31 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

More likely Edmunds + 25 + next years 1st rounder...👍

Yeah it's a given that they will get a first rounder in 2023 out of the deal...........that's the whole point of moving back for the Giants.

The only reason that #25 + 2023 #1 + Edmunds has a chance in hell of being enough to move that far up is the perception of some that the 2023 first round will be much better than the 2022 version and that the Giants want that capital in case they have to trade picks to move up and draft a QB in what promises to be a much better QB draft.

Edmunds alone doesn't move the needle much in a trade.........even if it turns out that Schoen was his biggest champion within the Bills.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think the giants would get more.  
#7 pick = 1700

#25 pick -= 720

Both of our 6th rd picks total 24

7th = 1

2023 first rd pick = 330

Conditional picks next year total about 100

Thats 1175 vs 1700 without edmunds or Bradberry.  525 difference.  Our second and third rd pick = 475.  Edmunds has more value due to his age and hope that he could still be ascending, even though he hasn’t been.  Bradberry plays a premium position and has also “made the pro bowl” (as if that matters).   Let’s say we give edmunds a 2nd rd trade value and Bradberry a 3rd trade value- we would still be at least a 3rd pound pick and less pick short.

Even if the Gmen agreed to it, it doesn’t seem logical for Beane to do this imo.  Trading our starting MLB + TWO first round picks plus several other picks….so we can draft another MLB and acquire a corner on the was pretty meh last season, on the last year of his contract making 13M?

I really hope this isn’t the case….Beane isn’t that stupid.  He can’t be.  Can he?Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

Do math.  

You are assuming Edmunds trade value and Bradberrys based on your assumption. Many people, imo have Edmunds value listed wayyyyyy too high. Partially because they think he’s very good and I think he’s pretty much garbage. If the players, and coaches of the nfl think he’s a pro bowl player, I’m not going to argue, I’m going to let him go at his highest value and future potential being only 24 years old. All while I draft an immediate replacement that I already think would be better right out of the gate. But I’m not the GM and I don’t make those calls. Which I’m pretty sure you are happy about. 

at the end of the day, you likely wouldn’t have even commented but I just had to slip that Hall comment in there just to tip you. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

You are assuming Edmunds trade value and Bradberrys based on your assumption. Many people, imo have Edmunds value listed wayyyyyy too high. Partially because they think he’s very good and I think he’s pretty much garbage. If the players, and coaches of the nfl think he’s a pro bowl player, I’m not going to argue, I’m going to let him go at his highest value and future potential being only 24 years old. All while I draft an immediate replacement that I already think would be better right out of the gate. But I’m not the GM and I don’t make those calls. Which I’m pretty sure you are happy about. 

at the end of the day, you likely wouldn’t have even commented but I just had to slip that Hall comment in there just to tip you. 

Yeah, that’s what I’m basing it on.  Do you think Someone would give up edmunds for a first rd pick?  If so, let’s just trade edmunds for a first round pick and keep 25.   I’m giving him a 2nd round value, which is higher than I really believe it is.   Moving up 18 spots to #7 is expensive.  

I love Breece Hall!  💙 ❤️  🤣 ❤️ 💙 

I really wouldn’t hate it if he’s the pick.  Running backs are my jam.  I just don’t think it would be wise. As a fan, all I can do is watch, enjoy and vent on this message board.  I’d watch and enjoy much more than I currently do if we had a stud rb.  But then again, I would vent a whole lot more if we don’t win a SB.  I might even morph into an evil version of @ScottLaw

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And that’s not even enough

I’m not so sure...It all depends on how the Giants value Edmunds...

For example, back in 2017, the Chiefs traded up with the Bills from #27 to #10...And all they gave up was a 2017 3rd rounder and their 2018 1st rounder, if memory serves...

So, if the future 1st round picks (in both scenarios) wash each other out, the only values that are being compared are the 3rd rounder and Edmunds...and if Edmunds’ value is perceived to be at least a 2nd round value (to offset the Giants’ 7th pick being of more value than the Bills‘ 2017 10th pick) I don’t think it would be out of the realm of possibility to think that trade could get done...

Just spit balling here...👍

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m not so sure...It all depends on how the Giants value Edmunds...

For example, back in 2017, the Chiefs traded up with the Bills from #27 to #10...And all they gave up was a 2017 3rd rounder and their 2018 1st rounder, if memory serves...

So, if the future 1st round picks (in both scenarios) wash each other out, the only values that are being compared are the 3rd rounder and Edmunds...and if Edmunds’ value is perceived to be at least a 2nd round value (to offset the Giants’ 7th pick being of more value than the Bills‘ 2017 10th pick) I don’t think it would be out of the realm of possibility to think that trade could get done...

Just spit balling here...👍

I’m just looking at how much the niners paid to get up to 3 for Lance.  They gave up the 12th overall pick, 2 additional 1sts and a 3rd.  

You’re right though, It’s not that far fetched I suppose.  Def depends on how much edmunds is valued. You wouldn’t trade a 4th rd pick for him. 😘 

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m just looking at how much the niners paid to get up to 3 for Lance.  They gave up the 12th overall pick, 2 additional 1sts and a 3rd.  

You’re right though, It’s not that far fetched I suppose.  Def depends on how much edmunds is valued. You wouldn’t trade a 4th rd pick for him. 😘 

You make a good point here...The only thing I can think of is that, I have heard before, when teams are trading up for a top QB, the price goes up because there is usually competition to get to that particular spot...

So I would guess that, perhaps, it wouldn’t take “top dollar” to get up to #7 because it’s unlikely teams are going to be competing all that hard for this years’ QBs...And furthermore, given the relationship between Beane and Schoen, I wouldn’t think one of them would be trying to “milk” the other- similar with the situation between McD and Reid, when they made the trade...

But, again, who really knows, right...

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.