2022 Bills Jersey Tweak?

BillsfaninSB

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I wondered about that too.   The numbers look photo shopped.   Made me think they did that because it was a recent decision to change.  But it doesn’t make sense.  The site in the past showed the dark trim. 

I always thought it was navy blue too but some guy on this board insisted it was black.   All the more reason to dump it if it is about the drought era. 

That guy would probably be me. I bought a pair of game-used pants from the D&A collectibles shop after the auction a few years ago.

If it isn’t black, it’s a shade of navy that is so frickin’ deep that it makes little / no difference. But to my eye, and putting it next to a black fabric and a navy fabric like the UConn logo, it definitely looks black.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I just got up and checked my closet. Both the home and away jerseys have it and it is most definitely black. 

I assumed it was for TV and/or graphic design to help the red/blue pop and provide a more definitive line/border between the colors. I almost never even notice it. 

Interesting I remember initially when they did the reveal in 2011 it was suppose to be the navy. Wonder if they stopped giving a sh*t lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

My favorite is STILL the red trim on white numbers and letters circa ‘60’s

Same. As a person who did a bit of graphic design & color theory stuff in college classes, it’s always a nit for me when teams have outline colors on their numbers but then the name on back (NOB) is just one color.

We have the red outlines for the NOB on the 64-65 throwbacks and they are wonderful. Between that and the black trim, I got a white throwback jersey — with my own last name because I can’t be traded — several years ago. Been looking into getting some twill fabric to make the sleeve stripes like our current away jerseys but without the black.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Interesting I remember initially when they did the reveal in 2011 it was suppose to be the navy. Wonder if they stopped giving a sh*t lol

In my mind, I think they added it — and did the neck striping just red and a large white in the first of many versions of the collar — just to make it visually different from the Kelly era jerseys… so people would be more inclined to buy the new ones.

I believe it also coincided to when they painted the outside of the stadium black because the white had gotten so dingy-grey. In my mind, I think that’s how they connected the two… which is a very 💩 reason, aesthetically speaking.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

In my mind, I think they added it — and did the neck striping just red and a large white in the first of many versions of the collar — just to make it visually different from the Kelly era jerseys… so people would be more inclined to buy the new ones.

I believe it also coincided to when they painted the outside of the stadium black because the white had gotten so dingy-grey. In my mind, I think that’s how they connected the two… which is a very 💩 reason, aesthetically speaking.

Yea I think it was def a bit about connecting eras at the start. These days I am actually surprised the team hasn't tweaked them a touch for money reasons. The jerseys without the black/navy will still look a little different from the 90s era and be there own kin which I like. Plus with the assumed 2nd helmet/red look coming it probably would make things align better.

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

Also I think red helmets that were matte color would look awesome, but I could be in minority here

2 hours ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

For a simple tweak, they should throw it back to the Fergy/Freddy era & go with blue facemasks 🔥 

I will die on this hill.

smerlas.jpg

This sort of look is the first one I truly remember.

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Yea I think it was def a bit about connecting eras at the start. These days I am actually surprised the team hasn't tweaked them a touch for money reasons. The jerseys without the black/navy will still look a little different from the 90s era and be there own kin which I like. Plus with the assumed 2nd helmet/red look coming it probably would make things align better.

I was thinking the same thing.  Change the jersey to make it more congruent with the use of the red shell. 

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Also I think red helmets that were matte color would look awesome, but I could be in minority here

I posted a bunch of fan created and hypothetical Bills uniforms in a similar thread months ago.  There is some really cool stuff out there if you are willing to go futuristic and non-traditional.  I think most fans actually oppose that sort of thing.

Where we are now is kind of stuck in the middle between really old school and vintage (which I love) and really progressive and cool like the stuff University of Oregon tries to do.

I would love matte red metallic helmets for us, for example.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I posted a bunch of fan created and hypothetical Bills uniforms in a similar thread months ago.  There is some really cool stuff out there if you are willing to go futuristic and non-traditional.  I think most fans actually oppose that sort of thing.

Where we are now is kind of stuck in the middle between really old school and vintage (which I love) and really progressive and cool like the stuff University of Oregon tries to do.

I would love matte red metallic helmets for us, for example.

I think uniforms are always going to be market based on what you can/should do vs what you cannot/shouldn't. Buffalo is a traditional style market and as the 2000s showed something like that even in our current color isn't going to fly. I think you can do some helmet stuff that would look fun and new, you can def mix Zubaz into a jersey as a one off a year and fans would go wild, and even the whole chicken wing joke prank actually was far more well received as something for once a year you can do. Now I don't think Buffalo could do the stuff Oregon does whereas a market like Miami might really eat that up. Buffalo is very much give 14-15 games in their traditionally white or blue style and you can do 2-3 games in red or throwback. I think there is space though for a little fun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.