Clayton Kershaw pulled while pitching a perfect game

Ned Flanders

They needed daily butts in the seats back then.   Not so much today!

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

That is weird.  A perfect game is a pretty special thing--much more special than a no hitter.

Heck, hitting for the cycle is much more special than a no-hitter, but no one ever talks about those or celebrates them as much.

Maybe he felt he was laboring? It's like trying to take that last ski run of day, when you you're spent after a perfect day.

Something go wrong... Pitching is one of the most harmful, unnatural things an athlete can do to their body. 

22 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

I can’t argue with the analytics side. There is so much out about pitch counts, injuries, etc. I can’t argue that hard about the decision in itself.

I think what the OP is venting about is how analytics has cut out a lot of opportunities for special moments. I’m a fan at the end of the day. Cutting out more and more  opportunities for these moments and you’re left with a very long, dry, and boring season in a sport that is hemorrhaging fans for years. 

I agree with this 100%. As a big baseball fan, I see a bad trajectory/outlook for the future popularity of the sport, and these kind of things make my outlook even worse.  Although I understand that all the numbers and sports science and all that point precisely to that point in time in game 5 of 162+ that Kershaw had enough... it also stinks and is unexciting from a fan standpoint.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.