Lance Zierlein "I have CB Andrew Booth slipping out of the 1st round"

intimidatortj

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Panthers he was awful…. He basically had his moments every game, event the season finale against the piss poor Jets he sucked, but Josh is so damn good at avoiding pressure and rushers it didn’t matter.

The bad reps are ignored because Josh can typically turn it into a positive play because he’s that damn good right now… my concern is his longevity of being able to do that if they keep putting ***** infront of him… 

Luckily for us, Brown is committed to improving, has the traits to be excellent, and those who work with him daily seem to agree.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I totally agree with you on Dane Jackson. He was SOLID last season, all things considered.

My concern with Dane Jackson isn't how he'll play........he should play fine.

My concern is him being healthy..........like Spencer Brown he missed some time with injuries as a rookie.

That said........they need depth at both corner and tackle.

Personally I am hoping for a veteran CB like Haden and also hoping they sign Jason Peters for cheap as the swing tackle to address both positions with veterans.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My concern with Dane Jackson isn't how he'll play........he should play fine.

My concern is him being healthy..........like Spencer Brown he missed some time with injuries as a rookie.

That said........they need depth at both corner and tackle.

Personally I am hoping for a veteran CB like Haden and also hoping they sign Jason Peters for cheap as the swing tackle to address both positions with veterans.

Does Jason Peters want to be a swing tackle (IF he beats out Tommy Doyle, which might be laughable but might also be a legitimate question, given Peters's age and recent play)? And does he want to be a backup back in Buffalo?

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Does Jason Peters want to be a swing tackle (IF he beats out Tommy Doyle, which might be laughable but might also be a legitimate question, given Peters's age and recent play)? And does he want to be a backup back in Buffalo?

I don't know if Peters would be willing to be a backup.........he joined the Bears in mid-August last year and played pretty well last year as a starting LT for Chicago.........he's just a freak of nature like that.

And he did it for a mere $1.75M.

He may wait until camp again and pick a place where he thinks he can start...............but he's never played in a Super Bowl.......he was on IR when Philly went.........so maybe he would be willing to join Buffalo.

I don't think it's very likely at all that Tommy Doyle could stay ahead of Jason Peters on a depth chart.    

Doyle had 1 snap at LT in 2021.......and promptly gave up a sack.    There is a chasm between solid LT play and what should be expected from Doyle at this point.

Hopefully Doyle develops into a guy who can back up at RT/BlockingTE/RG and maybe become a starting quality player eventually.........but they need a swing tackle who can actually play LT in 2021.

Right now if there is an injury or another illness related issue with Dawkins then Spencer Brown has to move to LT.............and he was a pretty bad pass blocker last year.........that is a situation that would be good to avoid.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.