Lance Zierlein "I have CB Andrew Booth slipping out of the 1st round"

intimidatortj

To me Booth reminds me of former Bills CB Aaron Williams in terms of size and physical play. At the end the day Aaron was moved to Safety. I wonder if Booth would have produce a slow 40 time like Aaron Williams (4.55) if he would have ran it during the NFL scouting combine 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Mc1320 said:

Trade up for Stingley if he doesn’t go in the Top 10.

If we use all of our current draft picks, all of them will not make roster and practice squad.

When Beane moved up to get Tremaine Edmunds, we moved from 22 to 16.   We had to give Baltimore our 65th pick.   

So if you want to move up from 25 to say around 12, it is going to cost you...a lot.   And no one wants our 6th and 7th round picks.  They are fairly worthless in first round trades.

Not impossible to move up that high, but normally it is reserved for a QB or a Julio Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

I saw an interesting mock draft today.  It was from a website named Audacity, which may tell you something.  Anyway, it had Buffalo picking Andrew Booth at 25, a choice many of us would be pretty content with.  What made it interesting was Trayvon Walker slipping completely out of the first round.  As most draft watchers know, Walker killed the combine, running a 4.5 40 as a 6'5"  272 defensive end.  Most mocks now have him going in the top 10.  A number of them have him going top 5, and I've even seen one projecting him as the #1 overall pick.  He didn't have quite the production at Georgia that you might expect from those crazy elite combine numbers, but many observers think that was due more to the fact that Georgia had elite players all across their defensive front, and there were only so many opportunities Walker had to rack up stats.  

So, in the unlikely event that Trayvon Walker is available at #25, would you forego a nice (relatively) safe pick like Andrew Booth at a position of need to take a guy who might be a top 5 player in the draft?  

13 hours ago, H2o said:

Pass on McDuffie. We already have a slot CB in Taron Johnson. I'd rather have Gordon. Agreed that I trust Beane/McDermott in their calls on DB's though. 

I’m not even sure that a CB will our pick at 25 or even at 57 , for all we know there could be one that they like in rounds 3-4 , I’m not sure that McD is looking for another Tre White maybe just another more athletic  Levi Wallace type that could be there in the later rounds , 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, intimidatortj said:

When Beane moved up to get Tremaine Edmunds, we moved from 22 to 16.   We had to give Baltimore our 65th pick.   

So if you want to move up from 25 to say around 12, it is going to cost you...a lot.   And no one wants our 6th and 7th round picks.  They are fairly worthless in first round trades.

Not impossible to move up that high, but normally it is reserved for a QB or a Julio Jones.

We wasted a year in our Super Bowl window last year while the Rams said “F those picks” and won the whole thing.  

Since CB is the only glaring weakness we have, if you can get a 1st rounder under control for 5 years at a prime position with Tre coming of a significant injury, do it regardless if it costs you a 2nd rounder or any other picks this year.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I saw an interesting mock draft today.  It was from a website named Audacity, which may tell you something.  Anyway, it had Buffalo picking Andrew Booth at 25, a choice many of us would be pretty content with.  What made it interesting was Trayvon Walker slipping completely out of the first round.  As most draft watchers know, Walker killed the combine, running a 4.5 40 as a 6'5"  272 defensive end.  Most mocks now have him going in the top 10.  A number of them have him going top 5, and I've even seen one projecting him as the #1 overall pick.  He didn't have quite the production at Georgia that you might expect from those crazy elite combine numbers, but many observers think that was due more to the fact that Georgia had elite players all across their defensive front, and there were only so many opportunities Walker had to rack up stats.  

So, in the unlikely event that Trayvon Walker is available at #25, would you forego a nice (relatively) safe pick like Andrew Booth at a position of need to take a guy who might be a top 5 player in the draft?  

No. 

9 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think Trayvon Walker could be the #1 overall pick.

....let me know how I did in two weeks....

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a lock to Bills at 25 if he’s there - JMO. I do not see him getting out of the 1st round due to injury. He’s a premium position with 🔥film and pedigree 

22 hours ago, intimidatortj said:

Lance Zierlein over the last decade has been one of the most accurate Mock Drafters.   (No one is even close to 100%....but he is better than most)

He has Sauce Gardner at #4
Stingley at #9
and Trent McDuffie at #15

I think it is a dream to think we can come close to any of those 3 guys.     So it might come down to Elam, Booth and Kyler Gordon.

Wait, there's another 5 page thread saying it could (and Should?) be Daxton Hill...

9 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Walker right now is the hot name going # 1 so I would question the validity of a mock that has Walker not in the first round or late in round 1 

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree that it's less simple and at the same time not more complicated.    

But I actually think it's making GM's jobs easier by making it easier to make sound decisions..........so long as they embrace the information.  

A significant part of the evaluations/decisions are being done by the math.

It's just a different challenge requiring a different skillset -- something many NFL front offices are just beginning to realize. It's filtering through the noise to find the signals. 

Before technology played a vital role in evaluations, decisions were made on gut instinct and the scant tangible information available. The tools GMs have at their exposure today can help them make better, sounder decisions, but there's now far more meaningless information that they have to sift through or could be distracted by.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

It's just a different challenge requiring a different skillset -- something many NFL front offices are just beginning to realize. It's filtering through the noise to find the signals. 

Before technology played a vital role in evaluations, decisions were made on gut instinct and the scant tangible information available. The tools GMs have at their exposure today can help them make better, sounder decisions, but there's now far more meaningless information that they have to sift through or could be distracted by.

Yep. Absolutely right. It is like the RAS thing. RAS is a great additional metric. Another information source. We know from their recent drafts the Bills are one of the teams that really put store in it. But at the same time I think there are guys in this draft who some casual fans and mock drafters are almost grading on their RAS score. You still have to be able to put the tape on and see a guy who can play football at the end of the day. RAS can be a deciding factor where things are close. But you can't go RAS first and then tape 2nd. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Absolutely right. It is like the RAS thing. RAS is a great additional metric. Another information source. We know from their recent drafts the Bills are one of the teams that really put store in it. But at the same time I think there are guys in this draft who some casual fans and mock drafters are almost grading on their RAS score. You still have to be able to put the tape on and see a guy who can play football at the end of the day. RAS can be a deciding factor where things are close. But you can't go RAS first and then tape 2nd. 

100%, and to further complicate things, those variables VARY by position! I don't envy GMs these days :D 

9 hours ago, Mc1320 said:

We wasted a year in our Super Bowl window last year while the Rams said “F those picks” and won the whole thing.  

Since CB is the only glaring weakness we have, if you can get a 1st rounder under control for 5 years at a prime position with Tre coming of a significant injury, do it regardless if it costs you a 2nd rounder or any other picks this year.

Seriously. Try to stock the cupboard with young talented players. What isn't a need this year might be one in another year or two. Which is why I'd say the Bills are more likely to trade up for a CB than any other position. If they can't make something happen for a guy they really like they'll just sit and take the best player they can get. Then look to move back up in the second, package next year's second and get as low as you can get for another high impact player. In the middle of the draft they could look to swap picks into more value based positions relative to their draft board.

I personally don't like Booth, so I would agree with him falling.

Not enough production there and way too many times he has been burned.

I'm on the find a way to get McDuffie train.  Do whatever you need to do.

Edited by Back2Buff

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Walker right now is the hot name going # 1 so I would question the validity of a mock that has Walker not in the first round or late in round 1 

Here is the link.   https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/2022-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-pass-on-pickett-steelers-and-chiefs-trade-up

I found it through the NFLMockDraftDatabase, which misspelled the source site.  I copied from them and called it "Audacity."  It's actually Audacy.com, the parent company of WGR radio.  Here is that link:  https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2022/audacity-sports-2022-jasper-jones?date=2022-04-13

On 4/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a lock to Bills at 25 if he’s there - JMO. I do not see him getting out of the 1st round due to injury. He’s a premium position with 🔥film and pedigree 

Would be lovely if he did slip and would could get him at a discounted price.

I'm thinking of a Buffalo Bill who slipped down the draft due to injury concerns.

I think he wore #34.

I find it interesting that Kyler Gordon will be at the draft but not Booth, I like to believe the guys in attendance are those that the league are high on. Even though Stingley isn’t there and Corral over Pickett is off too, so maybe it all means nothing..

I don’t think it’s necessarily any indicator. They have started being guys in that they think will go early day 2 the past couple of years. There are some guys in there that could go really late round 1 or early round 2 including Corral, Gordon, Dean, Karlaftis(who I think is severely overrated) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.