Lance Zierlein "I have CB Andrew Booth slipping out of the 1st round"

intimidatortj

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

That is great news. I was afraid that we might have to swap 1st round picks, and toss in a 2nd round pick along with next year’s 1st to get him, or really any other corner.

Setting aside your feelings on first round DBs, if you were making the pick, which CB would you select?

I just watched the Clemson N.C. St. game, the Georgia game and the Boston College game. Booth looks like a spectacular upgrade over Dane Jackson, and I like Jackson. I did not read any of your guy's posts. Maybe there is something I'm missing. Great tackler and sticky defender in those games. I will go and read what you have to say. Go Bills!!

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Imagine, Jameson Williams slipping to 25 and the. Trading up in rd 2 for booth?  Oh man. 

that said, I don’t think Booth falls to us. He’s too good

As i made my first post, I was thinking the same thing. Williams and/or Booth would be so, so nice!

Edited by Garrett Williams
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Does anyone have a DB they don’t want at 25. I really like a lot of DBs in this draft. Especially in the 1st 2 rounds. I kind of want to double up with CB and S.

McCreary from Auburn is not my favorite Just don't know how his Alligator arms translate. But he can cover and seems to enjoy the physical part of the game.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If both were there they’d take Booth in the first without question….. 

But, but... I want both Scott. Help a brother out.

Edited by Garrett Williams

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Matt Miller has said the same to me. But his injuries are what, a sports hernia? 

Reeks to me of teams lower down the 1st round who need corners trying to get him to fall. 

Yep.  I can’t imagine that a sports hernia would put teams off, but that teams would take a chance on ACL (Williams) and Achilles (Ojabo).  

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

Kaiir Elam doesn’t feel like a McBeane player to me. At all.

Nothing about him fits the profile of what they seem to like in corners, “DNA”, ceiling, or 1st round picks. 

I don’t see it.

I agree the one CB to me that screams to me that fits us is Kyler Gordon and while we could take him in Round 1 we might be able to trade down and still get him in the early 2nd. If so then I'd hope a QB thirsty team would trade up with us and give us a few extra picks and still let us get Gordon if no big trades happen then just take him at #25.. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, intimidatortj said:

Lance believes teams are slightly concerned about Booth's injuries, and sees him sliding a little and slipping to the 2nd round. 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000557446314

Interesting.

Lance has the Bills drafting CB Kaiir Elam, Florida at #25

(He has Kyler Gordon going at pick 31 to the Bengals)

It would have to be the injuries...And they would have to be BIG concerns...Because otherwise that dude is a no-brainer 1st round prospect...B-)

41 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yes I do. The upside I know that you love is a thing that these guys love. I was in the process of doing a mock that had Walker at # 1. There is no good # 1 this year so upside is a big thing . Me personally I’d take Ahmad Gardner # 1 

I could see Sauce at #1. He had upside and good tape. Walker is all upside. That is the worry for me. I don't even have a 1st round grade on his tape. 

3 hours ago, intimidatortj said:

Lance believes teams are slightly concerned about Booth's injuries, and sees him sliding a little and slipping to the 2nd round. 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000557446314

Interesting.

Lance has the Bills drafting CB Kaiir Elam, Florida at #25

(He has Kyler Gordon going at pick 31 to the Bengals)

Get it down Buffalo!

39 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I agree the one CB to me that screams to me that fits us is Kyler Gordon and while we could take him in Round 1 we might be able to trade down and still get him in the early 2nd. If so then I'd hope a QB thirsty team would trade up with us and give us a few extra picks and still let us get Gordon if no big trades happen then just take him at #25.. 

From a Bills DNA guy Gordon is a great fit for the Bills from a character guy who does a lot of small things correctly. Booth is a schematic dream for the Bills. If Booth's injuries are severe then I guess you have to pass but I hope if he is healthy Booth is the guy.

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Setting aside your feelings on first round DBs, if you were making the pick, which CB would you select?

I truly did not watch them enough to give a pertinent reply in terms of first round picks.

That said, the 2 corners from Bama are decent players who might be around in the 3rd or 4th rounds.  I truly do hope that the Bills make protecting Josh and providing him with more weapons their top priorities, but I am scarred by the old (and not so old) days.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Funny that people wring their hands over whom will be available. Tre White went 27 and Levi was a UDFA. Since it’s so glaring, I expect they have a contingency for a CB pick in each of the first 3 rounds.

As Mike Tyson famously said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" -- you're not wrong that our staff has shown the ability to find and/or develop talent from non-elite picks, but last year's draft is a great example of what can happen when you wait... you get left in the dust. At some point, need supersedes the ability to wait and have plans on plans on plans. If there's a position on this roster where that's the case, it's at CB...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

I would say the Bills don't draft guys with injury history but Josh Allen actually had some injuries in college. I can't think of any others though. Maybe we passed on DK Metcalf because of his injury history (neck issues)?

Booth's injury concerns seem quite minor and would be a gift if he's available at 25. 

Edited by CapeBreton

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.