Lance Zierlein "I have CB Andrew Booth slipping out of the 1st round"

intimidatortj

Lance believes teams are slightly concerned about Booth's injuries, and sees him sliding a little and slipping to the 2nd round. 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-football-show-a-show-about-the-nfl/id1528622068?i=1000557446314

Interesting.

Lance has the Bills drafting CB Kaiir Elam, Florida at #25

(He has Kyler Gordon going at pick 31 to the Bengals)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a lock to Bills at 25 if he’s there - JMO. I do not see him getting out of the 1st round due to injury. He’s a premium position with 🔥film and pedigree 

Seems like a perfect fit for the Bills…no way they pass on him if he’s there at 25…

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

McDermott knows CB's and I have full faith that they will get the right guy if who they want is there at 25. Sounds like Gardner and Stingley are guaranteed to be gone and I've heard McDuffie considered next best

Pass on McDuffie. We already have a slot CB in Taron Johnson. I'd rather have Gordon. Agreed that I trust Beane/McDermott in their calls on DB's though. 

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

McDermott knows CB's and I have full faith that they will get the right guy if who they want is there at 25. Sounds like Gardner and Stingley are guaranteed to be gone and I've heard McDuffie considered next best

Lance Zierlein over the last decade has been one of the most accurate Mock Drafters.   (No one is even close to 100%....but he is better than most)

He has Sauce Gardner at #4
Stingley at #9
and Trent McDuffie at #15

I think it is a dream to think we can come close to any of those 3 guys.     So it might come down to Elam, Booth and Kyler Gordon.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2019/04/20/nfl-draft-lying-season-means-dirty-tricks-misinformation-norm/3528356002/

It’s that time of year. Lying Season. Be careful what you believe as the NFL draft looms. Because what you hear is not necessarily rooted in the truth.

No, we’re in full swing with another type of NFL gamesmanship. Misinformation and mixed signals rank right up there in the process with 40-yard dash times and three-cone drills.

“April should be known in the NFL as National Liars Month,” Gil Brandt, the Hall of Fame-bound, former personnel guru told USA Today Sports. “Everybody is trying to create a smokescreen, both ways.”

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2019/04/20/nfl-draft-lying-season-means-dirty-tricks-misinformation-norm/3528356002/

It’s that time of year. Lying Season. Be careful what you believe as the NFL draft looms. Because what you hear is not necessarily rooted in the truth.

No, we’re in full swing with another type of NFL gamesmanship. Misinformation and mixed signals rank right up there in the process with 40-yard dash times and three-cone drills.

“April should be known in the NFL as National Liars Month,” Gil Brandt, the Hall of Fame-bound, former personnel guru told USA Today Sports. “Everybody is trying to create a smokescreen, both ways.”

Lance Zierlein talks about that.

He bases his mock drafts, and he has been pretty good over the last 10-15 years, on team needs, team Cap situation, his knowledge of what a GM likes in a player and how he, Lance, evaluates the talent of the players.  He mentioned he doesn't listen to the buzz for that reason.   The buzz could be wrong.

Anyhow, for example, he has Travon Walker going #1 overall and the rest of the media, until now, have NOT had Travon Walker going #1.

It is interesting to read a mock from someone that is less of a hack than most....

Edited by intimidatortj

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Matt Miller has said the same to me. But his injuries are what, a sports hernia? 

Reeks to me of teams lower down the 1st round who need corners trying to get him to fall. 

And he already had the surgery, correct? 

Beane is probably the one who has his crew tell lance this lie about the “concerns”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

And he already had the surgery, correct? 

Beane is probably the one who has his crew tell lance this lie about the “concerns”

Yea he has. I've had a sports hernia. He should be absolutely full go by camp. It's a 2-3 month thing. 

7 minutes ago, intimidatortj said:

Lance Zierlein talks about that.

He bases his mock drafts, and he has been pretty good over the last 10-15 years, on team needs, team Cap situation, his knowledge of what a GM likes in a player and how he, Lance, evaluates the talent of the players.  He mentioned he doesn't listen to the buzz for that reason.   The buzz could be wrong.

Anyhow, for example, he has Travon Walker going #1 overall and the rest of the media, until now, have NOT had Travon Walker going #1.

It is interesting to read a mock from someone that is less of a hack than most....

If Travon Walker goes #1 the NFL should shut down. 

• Agree 1

Something else to keep in mind about things like these -- especially this time of year...

These rumors are being put out there for a reason and that reason usually isn't just hype or to put content out there... Kiper and McShay's schtick is all about driving excitement and getting fans excited for the 2nd-4th rounds of the draft. Adam Schefter has admitted plenty of times (once to me in person) that he puts out knowingly incorrect information to gain favors and plenty of others do that as well.

I like Lance, followed him for a long time, but these aren't hot takes for the sake of being hot takes. They're being put out there with a purpose...

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Does anyone have a DB they don’t want at 25. I really like a lot of DBs in this draft. Especially in the 1st 2 rounds. I kind of want to double up with CB and S.

S in the 2nd would really have to depend on how the board shakes out... 

I think WR, RB, TE, and OL are arguably all bigger need... CB, as long as its not the huskies, I'd be on board with.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Does anyone have a DB they don’t want at 25. I really like a lot of DBs in this draft. Especially in the 1st 2 rounds. I kind of want to double up with CB and S.

As others have said, I'll ultimately defer to McBeane's expertise since this is an area where they have proven they know what they are doing. But personally, from only watching youtube highlight videos, I havent been as impressed with McDuffie as I'd hoped. I think even Dax Hill looks better/more exciting.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.