Mel Kiper mock- Michigan DB Daxton Hill

Buffalo_Stampede

I love this player. Kiper forgets we have Taron Johnson in the slot. I would love to see how McDermott uses Hill’s versatility. He can play anywhere in the secondary I believe on day 1.

25. Buffalo Bills

Daxton Hill, DB, Michigan

I just moved Hill way up on my Big Board. NFL teams love his versatility -- he played more than 550 snaps at nickelback in 2021 -- and think he could play both corner and safety. He might be a slot corner if he ends up in Buffalo, which lost Levi Wallace in free agency and has Tre'Davious White returning from an ACL tear. Andrew Booth Jr. (Clemson) and Kyler Gordon (Washington) are two other corners to keep an eye on. The Bills have one of the best rosters in the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33721368/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-new-predictions-top-64-picks-rounds-1-2-including-first-round-trade?platform=amp

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s funny you bring this up as it was just on WGR the discussion of Hill.  They were discussing with Joe Marino Kiper’s latest mock.

I’m going to listen. I watched like an hour of Hill straight after I saw the mock. He looks like a perfect fit for our defense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Daxton is pretty good but I think if they want that type of player they would wait a round and go with Jalen Pitre from Baylor as McDermott and Baylor’s coach Dave Aranda are buddies and Dax and Pitre have similar playing styles. 

Im not sure if Andrew Booth was available in Kipers mock (tho it sounds like he is from the blurb). I would expect that would be the pick in that situation assuming the medical all are clear.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s multiple. Lines up everywhere. And if you watch him you can actually picture him in our defense doing exactly what he did at Michigan. 

he's not going to line up everywhere on this team.

For the value and impact he will have, a similar guy can be had in a later round.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

For the value and impact he will have, a similar guy can be had in a later round.

Have seen a comparable listed as Jordan Poyer 🤔

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He will line out at outside corner to start.  The value is fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I love this player. Kiper forgets we have Taron Johnson in the slot. I would love to see how McDermott uses Hill’s versatility. He can play anywhere in the secondary I believe on day 1.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33721368/nfl-mock-draft-2022-mel-kiper-new-predictions-top-64-picks-rounds-1-2-including-first-round-trade?platform=amp

I've heard a lot of Bills-centric pundits talk about this guy for the Bills. Sounds interesting.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m going to listen. I watched like an hour of Hill straight after I saw the mock. He looks like a perfect fit for our defense. 

Stampede, on Audacy, Marino came on at 8:05 if that helps.  I didn’t listen earlier, so not sure if this was an ongoing g topic this morning.  Marino was on for around 20 minutes, but discussed a bunch of topics regarding the draft.

13 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Daxton is pretty good but I think if they want that type of player they would wait a round and go with Jalen Pitre from Baylor as McDermott and Baylor’s coach Dave Aranda are buddies and Dax and Pitre have similar playing styles. 

Im not sure if Andrew Booth was available in Kipers mock (tho it sounds like he is from the blurb). I would expect that would be the pick in that situation assuming the medical all are clear.

I like Pitre as well, but I'm starting to think he doesn't make it until the end of the 2nd. He's 5'11", 198lbs, runs a 4.46, and had a 6.74 3-Cone drill. His position was S, but I know many of the reports say that he can be a CB as well. Still, I believe Hill is the better prospect.  

Daxton Hill came in at 6', 192lbs, ran a 4.38 40, had a 6.56 3-Cone drill (insane), and a 4.06 20yd shuttle. If they took Hill in the 1st I would have absolutely no problem with that. The guy really could play anywhere in the Secondary. 

19 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Somewhere recently I saw a story titled something like, "If you can't the guy you want early, how about this guy instead." It listed about fifteen pairs of guys who were the same type of  players, and Hill and Pitre were one of the pairs.

Pitre is a bit of a poor man's Hill.

You could be right about Booth.

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Right...If the Bills go DB in the 1st it will be for a player they project to outside CB opposite Tre...And I think Dax is fine there...I have zero problems with Dax Hill at #25...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I like Pitre as well, but I'm starting to think he doesn't make it until the end of the 2nd. He's 5'11", 198lbs, runs a 4.46, and had a 6.74 3-Cone drill. His position was S, but I know many of the reports say that he can be a CB as well. Still, I believe Hill is the better prospect.  

Daxton Hill came in at 6', 192lbs, ran a 4.38 40, had a 6.56 3-Cone drill (insane), and a 4.06 20yd shuttle. If they took Hill in the 1st I would have absolutely no problem with that. The guy really could play anywhere in the Secondary. 

I do think Dax is the better player, but I think Pitre is really good and McDermott values players that played for coaches he or his coaching staff know - Rousseau and Doyle come to mind. 

I would be good with Daxton, especially if they can get George Pickens in the following round.

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Somewhere recently I saw a story titled something like, "If you can't the guy you want early, how about this guy instead." It listed about fifteen pairs of guys who were the same type of  players, and Hill and Pitre were one of the pairs.

Pitre is a bit of a poor man's Hill.

You could be right about Booth.

Lol That’s a little bit of cheating by me since I made that post you are talking about

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

I do think Dax is the better player, but I think Pitre is really good and McDermott values players that played for coaches he or his coaching staff know - Rousseau and Doyle come to mind. 

I would be good with Daxton, especially if they can get George Pickens in the following round.

Pickens is going to be the best WR of the draft class. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.